[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

WHA? I NEVER NEW THAT. I actually was interested in trying this, but influence seems so tight; and all in on HQ seems so bad with crisium grid around if your main breaker is eater.

I put in one Corroder because Himitsu Bako is such a shit card against this deck. That + Caprice on HQ is basically a supercharged Crisium Grid that you canā€™t ever trash. Fuck that.

I played against it yesterday at league and the gentleman was using the gorman drips From what I saw + my own experience of playing it twice I donā€™t see using the gorman drips if youā€™re going to use 3 daily casts (as he was). It was too much slow econ and it really showed.

You want your mind blown further? The credits work to trash shit in HQ and more importantly, vamp.

shrug, less impressed. :wink:

yup! all reasons why i want to try a single Pheromones at least! also, you can clone chip in stuff with those credits during an HQ run.

Itā€™s not a crazy idea. It functions as fourth Lamprey that doesnā€™t go away - you really do want to keep the pressure up on HQ.

As that gentleman I definitely agree on dropping the Gormans from the list. I was going to go a more conservative route by giving myself the third Lucky Find and the third Kati with the open slots/influence. Gorman always seemed okay, and I could usually pull 5+ credits off of one but the difference in my economy in games where I could land an early Kati compared to when I couldnā€™t was huge.

I was also considering dropping the Scrubber for Imp especially since Iā€™m running Deja Vu and was wondering if anyone had tried that yet and found it better/worse? I suppose if I get an early Kati up things like Sansan would be giving my economy less trouble and I might not need the temporary free trashes.

IMO you have to play Corroder in this deck.

The second scrubber has been excellent for me in testing. Imp would strain MU too much usually, especially if youā€™re running only two vigil.

1 Like

To be exact: Pheromones has X recurring credits where X is the number of virus counters on it. Recurring credits refill at the beginning of your turn. So letā€™s say you somehow have 5 virus counters on it, so at the beginning of your turn it refills to 5. You donā€™t use them, your opponent decides heā€™s had enough of your shenanigans, and purges.

Pheromones now has X recurring credits where X equals 0. However, the credits already on Pheromones donā€™t go away - it just ā€œrefillsā€ to X each turn. If it already has more than or equal to X, nothing happens. So you still have 5 credits sitting there to spend.

Back on topic. Given the amount of ice trashing with cutlery/parasites, asset trashing with Scrubber/having money, and corps trashing their own ice to install ice that will hopefully stop you, the card Iā€™d really like to try in this deck is Gravedigger. I just worry about straining the memory even more.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found that it offers more flex to your deck. I have been doing 2 gorman, 2 deja. Frequently I crack gorman, deja for gorman and lamprey, and start using lamprey, after the corp purges, stick gorman back out, loop ad nauseum. Having deja also lets you recur vamp, d4v1d, and crescentus more often. I think you have to look at gorman with regard to the deja package too. I would not run deja with just lamprey and parasite. ā€œTutoringā€ for a vamp from heap with deja is quite good.

I average 5 credits per gorman, plus a small shotglass of corp tears as they click for credits. That said, Iā€™m still not convinced the whole thing is worth it.

I think I also ran into issues since I found several corps running cheaper money options (Shipment from Sansan, Commercialization, Marked Accounts, Blue/Green Level Clearance, etcā€¦) which meant the Gormans werenā€™t as oppressive as Iā€™d like them. Against more traditional economies I think theyā€™d have fared much better.

@SamRS, thanx for putting this deck up. In about 20+ games Iā€™ve played on OCTGN to past week, this deck was in around 65% of them.

I hate you. (although, I have generally beat it)

8 Likes

this is a good solution as well. I would be more attracted to the imp for the 5-cost stuff you have to trash and have the MU question prove itself out, but i reckon yā€™all have played it more than i have (which is 0, just watched it).

Yeah, I am thinking about the same. I am somehow not happy with Keyhole and I am going to replace it with Gravedigger. I would like to see whether it performs better here for me.

so how does this deck beat midseasons? how do you play versus IAA behind an ICEd remote. steal the BN you get midseasoned and lose, leave it and you lose all your resources and possibly double scorched

Midseasons decks are always a money fight, this deck is built to fight on money though. If they get enough to keep you out of hq, enough money to midseasons,a 2 ice remote, breaking news and 2 scorch then youā€™re probably going to lose to whatever deck being played

I lost to a first turn Wrap on HQ. granted it was a weird NEH that spammed out Melange, didnā€™t check remotes first few turns in fear of hitting snares/psychic fields out of NEARPAD which is everywhere right now. starting checking after the first melange rez ccc. i had turn 1 kati jones too but i dont know if this deck can race nbn if they dont need/care to rez ice. three ice rezzed all game, wrap hq data raven rnd and an information overload remote. i kept them below 10 for maybe 2 turns, by turn 6 or so he was on 30+ creds, always ways i could have played differently but wrap hoses you with 1 david in the deck

after several games against midseasons variants i just dont find myself with enough money to keep them low and keep myself high. either you dip low with them, or they get free reign and outmoney you way too fast, in which case they just IAA BN in a remote or start the a train. the resource reliance is a big liability in the match up i think. died to scorch+traffic with no IHW in hand after an IAA behind Info Overload

if you run the logos you can remove one clone chip or one logos and put in one paper tripping. its pretty good if you dont lose the turn they midseason.