[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

The inconsistent starts are way less of a problem to me than EtF. You’re not an aggro deck, you’re more like a prison deck. Setup time is okay as long as the corp isn’t sticking drip econ in the meantime. Campaigns and free install credits just eat you. Clearly it was consistent enough for Sam to 7-0 swiss of the SSCI.

5 Likes

I played ETF 4 times and RP twice in swiss, drip econ was everywhere. I’m curious what his opponents were on.

1 Like

ok,so: quite a few more games under my belt, and I’m definitely seeing that what I was experiencing was a really bad start, and not so much tech troubles.

The decks Achilles’ heel is definitely any econ that sticks; EtF has strong play here for sure, and others corps can pull it off if you get bad luck on cards. Overall, though, the chances of that are pretty low I’d say, it feels pretty consistent barring that one-in-a-hundred bad draw that any deck can suffer from. I can definitely start to see how @SamRS did so well with this beast.

I still find myself wanting 2 scrubbers because assets are everything these days.

3 Jinteki RP
2 NBN MN
1 HB Glacier
1 Nearpad

If I remember correctly

Nearpad game was incredibly one sided because he had no hq ice and I started with a lamprey, was not really a fully played out matchup so much as him having a terrible start and waiting till I found 8 points.

Hb isn’t the worst if you find a knight early, but you can fit in a second scrubber and a knifed somewhere if you want some tech against them.

I like it in the current metagame because RP is one of it’s best matchups and that seems to be everywhere. Their ice is really expensive if you only ever break it once/just throw parasites on it, and future perfect is not safe when the corp is poor. @Paranoid 's wraparound/architect/restructure rp was annoying but the matchup is still strong

2 Likes

Had the luck of running into @SamRS during the SSCI. Figured it would be worthwhile to show the deck in action since its a bit of a rarity. Sam was kind enough to add commentary to the match.

11 Likes

How many of your opponents, if any, got a Crisium on HQ?

Is that a big deal? Obviously it’s not ideal, but you have crescentus + Eater, knight, parasite to get through ICE. It costs 3 to rez, which isn’t always trivial against this deck (and it’s like 3 lamprey trips then). I really like this deck, it’s really tough to play against. I think I’m in @Dragar’s Data Folding is better than Kati Jones camp though.

1 Like

i’ve played against crisium on HQ and R&D quite a bit. it can make things difficult, but like MasterAir said, you can play around it by just hitting that server and derezzing/killing things until you have a clear path, or until they’re out of credits to even rez the grid.

in the tournament? one of the rp players tried that, I’ve gotten those a lot, and was originally playing sneakdoor to get around it, but then I never needed the sneakdoor so it got cut. In testing it happens a lot and usually doesn’t hurt that much unless they get like 3 ice on hq rezzed that all etrs

1 Like

For those of you who swapped to Data Folding did you make any other noticeable changes or was it a straight swap for Kati? I often find myself strapped for clicks so clickless econ is an attractive option.

Also has anyone found use for Hacktivist Meeting? I like that it punishes one of the more annoying matchups (asset spam), but the only slot I really consider dropping for it would be Scrubber, which fights the same matchup.

Would work against vigil, would not do it.

Folding seems like a mistake to me. Once people know what your deck is up to, they try to money up, jackson agendas, and lock out HQ and the way you beat that is Kati + Vamp. I have doubts folding could keep up with RP or EtF econ to keep that plan viable.

1 Like

I see that concern, but I have a surprising number of players already trying to play around Vigil. This means hand size is already smaller so the likelihood of you trashing a card they really need is increased. I think that current can definitely have a place here.

1 Like

1 folding is like clicking off Kati every third turn. 2 is better than Kati. (Obviously with different up front costs)

I play 3 lucky find. Clicks are really valuable Kati is a click hog.

I think one of the draws of this deck is a good RP game. You can get to the remotes to trash the econ. If RP is poor they can’t play psi games. You tend to have great targets for crescentus and parasite.

2 Likes

Hacktivist Meeting seems like an excellent include since asset spam can be difficult to deal with, especially against rp elp.

1 Like

Against slow decks in the hands of players who know what theyre doing, kati is often getting to 21 credits. You need like, all 3 data folding to match that, and that doesn’t consider install costs and the fact that it’s 3 cards and if you don’t find enough of them you can’t race their econ to vamp them so the whole thing was pointless. Completely unplayable, not close.

3 Likes

Kati can produce a productive run in three turns with a single copy. That value extends throughout more of the game than data folding which loses value pretty fast and requires more than one copy.

You only need 2 folding to match Kati (2 creds/turn +1 click > 3 creds per turn). I think both folding and Kati might be worth considering. Perhaps I should cut Daily Casts for Kati Jones. Data Folding is good in this deck. It basically works all game. Try it.

1 Like

If you’re taking money off Kati every 3 turns you get identical credits from 1 data folding in play provided you use 1 click a turn for gaining credits.

1 Like