[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

desperado- putting other consoles to shame since 2012 :slight_smile:

have you tried hacktivist meeting yet ? that is the one card i was curious about in decks like this.

I actually was running 2 over david and keyhole #2, thought it was in the list but I guess I didnā€™t add it on netrunnerdb. Thatā€™s what I get for copy pasting I guess.

Now I need to try this deck again :stuck_out_tongue:

Why Earthrise over IHW?
Why only 2 Eater (seems sad against Architect)?

Earthrise is a more powerful effect, and I find I donā€™t need help in the matchups where IHW is at its best (pe/scorch). Especially without vigil or logos to dig, you need all the card draw you can get.

2 Eater is because knight is often more powerful, unless they get a lot of ice and money very fast. Most ice is similar in price to break, and knight lets you actually access cards

The difference between IHW and Earthrise is 3 credits for 3 cards. Thatā€™s a really expensive Diesel.

Are you putting Knight on everything that you face-check though? My guess is you just arenā€™t big on face-checking centrals; instead you are spending the early game setting up. I feel like a corp who knows your deck could score pretty safely in a 2 ice remote with only 1 ice on centrals, but I guess thatā€™s what you mean about if they get a lot of ice and money very fast. And even then they are risking Eater -> Vamp, and will be putting themselves at risk of getting headlocked by scoring.

Most of the time I just face check naked. Architect and komainu are the only 2 Iā€™m really worried about, and no one plays komainu anymore, so odds are it isnā€™t one of those two. Occasionally I puss out and wait for breakers, but I usually lose those games.

Whenever I face check it is ALWAYS Architect ;_;/

5 Likes

depending on their money/which click it is architect can be recoverable, hacktivist meeting also helps against the asset econ architect hits.

Iā€™ve recently started messing around with this archetype, starting with @SamRSā€™s SSCI list. One recent catch though: Turning. It seems to turn a tough matchup worse. Any thoughts?

Youā€™ve got to hit Turing with a parasite or d4v1d.

Run Click 1.

1 Like

David, although I think Turing will fade from use. Not great against most decks

What do you guys do against Wraparound on HQ? Paying 2 with Knight for a Lamprey hit is bad, and itā€™s only 4 to rez as well, so repeated Crescentus isnā€™t great either.

Iā€™m wondering if the better option is to go harder on the ICE control and put in some Datasuckers.

Why is paying 2 for a lamprey hit bad?

Because the corp had enough credits that I couldnā€™t keep them down with Lamprey. Facing anything with ELP sucks as well, especially when there arenā€™t any compelling currents to put in the deck (The Valley wasnā€™t legal, let alone Breaker Bay).

Why are you asking for solutions for a problem now, while restricting said solutions from the two most recent datapacks?

Hacktivist Meeting trumps ELP tenfold.

Breaking Wraparound for 2 with knight is fine. Itā€™d be the same as all other single sub binary ICE - only this one canā€™t be parasited down (though can eat D4v1d counters easily if you want)

Knifed also gets wraparound pretty good

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying Turing as a 1-of in RP for the scoring remote, and itā€™s not badā€¦not great, but not bad, I mean itā€™s a 4 rez, 5 strength hard ETR Code Gate, which is definitely nice, I suppose, but I donā€™t think youā€™ll see much of any deck running more than 1 of it.

Good question. Iā€™d just come out of a regionals where The Valley arrived too late to be permitted, and Breaker Bay hasnā€™t arrived yet. So I posted a situation that didnā€™t seem too uncommon, and hoped to learn how to improve my play.

2 Likes

As someone who got super annoyed playing against this in SHL, I got interested in it :smile:

Is this a tier1 deck or is it not there (yet)? Iā€™d love to read through 420 posts, but Iā€™m guessing it also has a lot of outdated information :smile: