[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

But then I can set inject up with Mr. Li :).

But yes… I agree with this post a lot.

The best thing you can do is make the decision with the information you have available. For inject this decision is in the deck building phase usually. I feel like if its in your deck your usually playing your injects.

Like with Kate… knowing when to Levy is based off of how valuable your next few cards is usually. If you have a high density of things like clone chips, sure gambles left in deck, and you haven’t seen your Prepaids yet, you usually wait to levy. If the rest of your deck is smcs, sharpshooter, deus, 1 clone chip, quality times, then you levy now. Sure the top card could have been gamble you really needed, but its 1/10, so if you decided to draw 1 here, you were making a mistake, even if the top card is gamble(unless of course the game is in a spot where you gamble or bust). Where if you Levy in this position and choose to wait a turn now your in a much better spot.

4 Likes

Personally I like 2 d4v1d, keeping BS off money is amazing, and it works in most glacier matchups against tollbooth if they manage to rez it. I’m typically not mad to see d4v1d.

Scrubber (even with imp), visage, and of course #slottheclot are all options too. Oh and I suppose hacktivist if you hate manhunt, housekeeping, and ELP.

(+ @vinegarymink @MasterAir so we can solve this OT)
@MasterAir was exact about 4 cards being the same anywhere. I read that too quickly.
He’s exact, “but that’s still wrong” if you allow me the expression.

It’s wrong in a sense that you can’t expect reliabily to draw all 3 programs in the starting grip, so I don’t understand the niche logic (that’s my maybe very wrong opinion) of “all of these can be in the end of a deck” to build Inject like that.

All 3 cards would (almost) never stick in a 4 card group in a deck, even in a 5 group.

Like I said, say you want to find the first Knigth + economy. If you play inject after the 9th draw (5 cards of starting grip not included), you make a huge mistake.
Odd to find a first Knigth there in slot 9-13 (x odd to not have found one) are 54.4% like i said earlier. Odd to draw the first @ 10th draw are somewhere in the 30% like i also said earlier.

So you’ve got 54.4% to mill it. If you milled it you have 2 Knigths left in 27 remaining cards = 7.4%, meaning you just destroyed your chance to find a Knigth from +/-30% to 7.4% but you surely found economics cards and maybe a clone (@ around 54.4% btw if you play clone x3)… You would just lost using a Clone for something else (nothing in term of economy and in term of tempo but you lost a clone chip).

That why I would say “it’s wrong” : inject is very wrong to include in breaker-focused Anarch decks… Unless they play clone chips to repair Inject but that’s using clone chip to repair, not for agression.

IMMVWO :wink:

1 Like

Cut the imps, they’ve never played well in testing, also, 3 parasite and at least 2 xanadus are a must

2 Likes

Why doesn’t Imp play well here? Is it because the Corp is incentivized to purge anyway?

i was surprised that jens played with just 1 xanadu. he also slotted in singles of clot, hactivist, and symmetrical.

what i found is: imp + lamprey gets a purge every time, scrubber tends to be just as effective for trashing and I very rarely care to imp things out of hand, the exception being 0-3 credit money operations and pop up windows, which are usually played before they’re accessed

link to list?

gives me a not authorized error

the link above wasn’t working for me, so try this one:

1 Like

@x3r0h0ur 401 error… Your decks are not public, there’s a setting in your nrdb profile to make them public now.

Sorry, had my copy of it up, rather than the public, try now

I’ve got a maybe very stupid idea.
I wonder if puting sec test instead of desperado, with Vigil back does not earn a medail…

It’s not terrible with a lot of Anarch viruses (it’s quite cute to SecTest R&D for a Medium token, then go back for two cards). But Desperado is so much better, and the same influence.

Well this morning when saying “why not err spinnal modem” @Calimsha said because of the credit swing on HQ, there you have the same effect, no ?

• Vigil coming back.

I migth test @x3r0h0ur’s deck without clot / hacktivist (“wow such an event, Syntax is netdecking” Calimsha would say :p).

1 Like

-edit- first game, lost it but sec testing / Vigil / Lamprey is great :slight_smile:
I’m not sure I earned more credits with than with despe though. I ran 36 times (lots of missed runs due to caprice in rp - sec test helped me pressure R&D with the caprice to make him pay 1c each time).
I could have made maybe 18-3 cr with desperado. I did draw 4 times with vigil and could make I think at least +/-16cr with sec test.

I don’t know yet if Desperado compressing Sec test / Vigil is good or not. Removed two anti advance cards that could play a role too. I would replace at least one Earthrise for maybe a QG.

Don’t be pinning that deck on me, I prefer the vigil version.

1 Like

List became this (after only a game - I tend to change a lot things I touch sorry)

Headlock Reina - Syn’s

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (9)

Hardware (5)

• 3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
  • 2x Vigil (Order and Chaos)

Resource (15)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (11)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

In honesty I do kind of like the ST, especially because it has a similar effect to desperado, in trying to force the corp to rez, with 0 tempo hit compared to desperado, and you still get the vigil draw, not too bad I think, I’d like to see it in action though.

I could see cutting 1 IHW for deja vu, since more parasites are good, and a modicum of recursion for all things can’t hurt.

I’m curious if dirty laundry isn’t strictly better than daily casts here. With sec testing its a 5 cred swing for a click that turn where as daily cast is a 5 cred swing over 5 turns. You also get a run with dirty laundry which may be useful for trashing assets or lamprey hq.

Cutting the 1 earthrise is a solid choice since you are running vigil again too.

3 Likes