[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

Here is the list I have been using based on sam’s core. If you want to run desperado you can cut the vigil and sec test and add in 2 earthrise. Can also run Daily Casts instead of dirty laundry. 2 copies of visage is optional, can swap one for scrubber or hacktivist. I run 2 david too but that is preference as well.

Headlock Reina V1.0 (copy)

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (11)
3x Dirty Laundry
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Sure Gamble
2x Vamp

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Vigil

Resource (12)
1x Earthrise Hotel
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x Security Testing ••••• •
2x Symmetrical Visage
2x Xanadu

Icebreaker (5)
2x Eater
3x Knight

Program (12)
3x Crescentus •••
2x D4v1d
1x Keyhole
3x Lamprey
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I see knights value early on but does it not diminish as the game goes on? HQ is default priority to defend vs. reina before this deck was publicized and once the server gets two deep the knight can become slow or may have to wait on a parasite.

Your points on yog are well taken. I guess the retort would be that many of those targets are you best parasite targets, but I don’t feel that invalidates what you said. Still feels like a meta-call type thing to me.

If you know where their ice are, and how much they cost, often times knighting the only ice they can rez in a server is enough. Knights only downfall is it can only be in one place, the corp being poor + information is typically enough. Also if you’re up on bucks and have access to crescentus, 2 runs, 1 with eater to turn off the non-knighted ice and another to hit it for real is also enough. So no, it doesn’t matter in the long run if you’re sticking to the plan.

You can buy yourself a lot of time to set up by putting early strain on the corps money. The best economy cards usually cost a fair amount to use (exception being celeb gift), so if you can force them to rez ice a few times or lose some credits to lamprey you’ll usually have a bunch of time to money up/draw/install things. Runner decks just have to be as fast as the corp.

[quote=“ericbtool, post:701, topic:3185”]
I still haven’t found enough balls to go with just one keyhole. In the games where the singleton is in the bottom third of your stack has it proven to be a detriment and if not why
[/quote] 2 keyholes helps a lot against NEH, and is probably the best tech against it (I prefer it over clot at least), but most of the time you can win off single accesses, or at least put enough pressure on to give you time to find the keyhole.

Just face check. 95% of ice doesn’t really hurt, especially with the IHW. Only commit knight to face down ice if you’re pretty sure what it is, or you absolutely need to get in (sundew remote, agenda, adonis, etc). If you’re killing/derezzing ice and straining the corp, they often only have one ice up on a server at a time, which makes knight fantastic.

the only locked card draw is 3 earthrise, the rest were tests, although I like the 2 IHW, 3 always seemed to be too much, they tend to clog the hand if earthrise is going.

The deck started out as a thought experiment, where you matched the corp on credits, only broke ice when the corp paid for it, and parasited/crescentus’d what was rezzed, because the most efficient rig is a corp with no ice. Yog blanks 3-5 ice in most corp decks, which furthers the goal, whereas the other two make you break ice. Pre-eater, I ran one corroder because wraparound with crypsis was backbreaking, but most of the time. I think yog would have been fantastic against all the enigmas and cricks running around at the tulsa regional.

I’ll have an updated list on netrunner db in on the next pack, jens’s list is pretty good, but I’d work in knifed and deja vu over an IHW and sym visage

This is the version ive been playing

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (9)
1x Déjà Vu
2x Hacktivist Meeting
1x Knifed
3x Sure Gamble
2x Vamp

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Desperado ••••• •

Resource (15)
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
3x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
1x Scrubber
2x Xanadu

Icebreaker (5)
2x Eater
3x Knight

Program (11)
3x Crescentus •••
1x D4v1d
1x Keyhole
3x Lamprey
3x Parasite

knifed has been a crucial card in the blue sun version using david and knifed yo take out a curtain wall.

Hacktvist meeting is the card I’m the most iffy on. So hard to tell if its doing work for you. Although using it to turn of corps currents has been great.
I’m
Im wondering has any has tried forged activation orders. Normally you know what ice is where. So you can get a trash on a central

*** Edit in the vigil list has any one tried emergency shutdown in the lucky find inf. Maybe 2em/1LF and 2 day job?

I want to try out this kinda deck, and I have ideas on what I would adjust to fit my taste and style…

But anyone experienced, if you had to play this deck, and did not own Spaces Between (David notably), how would you approach replacing those slots?

I primarily use the D4V1D for breaking Wraparound, so a Corroder would do fine.

Corroder is much worse against Curtain Wall but probably not a big deal overall.

you’ll have a much worse blue sun matchup, but it can be swapped out for any card really, it’s a metagame slot.

I only wanna play it on the side (to add flavor to casual play and let my meta get a handle on how that deck plays), so if its a meta slot I don’t mind so much.

if it’s just a side deck, why not proxy the david? just draw a stick figure picture of a sling shot and write some text at the bottom

5 Likes

Ice Carver is a fine card in that spot. Helps Parasite work faster, taxes Eater 1 less vs Architect, Ichi, Static,Booth, etc. 1/1 with corroder if you were planning on running 2 David is probably good.

Ice carver was great in earlier builds without david, so I guess if makes sense if you’re removing david.

I have a personal thing about using proxies. Otherwise yes!

1 Carver 1 Corroder seems nice. I’ll give it a go.

Can you fit cutlery into this? I really feel like I want Knifed, but I see everyone post their takes on it, so I dunno whats the general consensus starting point (or the main skeleton of it)

I got ideas, but Im unsure

You don’t kneed knifed if you have corroder. Spooned can be solid without David though.

Alrighty. I’ll have to figure it out, and i’ll post what I come up with later tonight.

So I’ve tried this deck out for the first time last night, and it’s totally unintuitive to play. Gotta have to put a lot of time in this to find out the correct playstyle…

One question though: how do you combat an ETF with Crisium and an untrashable Architect on HQ and plenty of drip economy going? As @RonZacapa can attest, I was the one being headlocked here. :stuck_out_tongue:

HB with sexbots is this decks roughest matchup. I think you’ve got to monomaniacally murder all sexbots with great and furious vengeance, or somehow make enough money while they’re running to find a big vamp when they’re done. If there is no way to trash Crisium on R&D (clicks+knight+d4v1d usually get you in somehow) and you can’t Vamp then it’s probably game over. Shake hands, shuffle up and start again.

Architect is in the non-trivial to keep rezzed when you crescentus it range. I haven’t tried it, but I bet this deck detests Breaker Bay Grid. Free money is Reina’s kryptonite.

And a remote with: Red herrings, Ash, Ash, Caprice, Breaker Bay Grid and Adonis or an agenda. My little server of doom :smiley:

2 Likes

Once you’ve got it all rezzed you overwrite the Breaker Bay Grid with an Oaktown Grid for giggles.

1 Like

Had to google it. Haha!