[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

Solid value. If it shows up late, you get it on OCA most of the time for 1 measly credit, redrawing the card to replace itself and a little bit of cash back. Get it early and you get solid ROI (both OCA and early? Massive value). Hard to spend 1 credit better.

The in-game impact has been great (outside of math but how it changes gameplay)…either the corp gives you a huge credit swing (5 for a 3/2, or a whopping 8 for a 3/5), making vamp easier, or if you’re triggering it, you give yourself a little recovery juice after keyholing over their 1-2 cost ice.

WRT the whole package…in all you float way less money, but the trickle keeps you going.

2 Likes

OH and Comp Employee has been great. Any trace ice, fuck it, don’t bother derezzing. Also vs blue sun its a nice credit boost, and gives you reason to force rezes like you used to vs other green IDs. And, I’ve seen people not rez ice they could otherwise rez just to avoid giving me 2-3 credits, sure it’s bad play, but it helps exacerbate it. I rather like CE, esp with OCA pulling up a card with it.

last note on Human First that doesn’t always apply but helps some, its more incentive for the corp to rez, because if you happen to hit an agenda, you get money, so its a bit like a mini-desperado in that regard sometimes.

1 Like

so this was my list from the plano regional, it isn’t too much different from the last desperado build I posted, but the change has been pretty noticeable

sucker makes the matchup against all flavors of blue sun a free win. Turning parasite back into a relevant card against them is a really big deal and once you get going they have a really hard time doing anything really. It’s also really big against other glaciers, just to threaten remotes easier and insta-clear anything on hq.

Went with IHW over peddler as it gives me more cards, but I don’t feel like 3 ihw is right, did lose twice to flatline (with IHW in hand that didn’t get plucked), so there’s that. Wound up 4th on the day with this.

EDIT: going to try to iron out a faust version, was working on it before the regionals but haven’t hit one I like yet.

1 Like

ive been to lazy to tweek the build i took to my regional (desperado/crescentus/clonechip), as far as faust i was thinking of dropping a knight and adding a faust, or even going to the dreaded 46th card and add a faust, more likly though i think dropping a knight is a better option, as they can be a bit clunky some times and faust is there for the must access stuff. The bigest downside to faust is, much like peddler in headlock is want all my cards i draw except the odd Earthrise.

No david is a interesting choice, did you ever feel like you missed it, because i found once you get david its makes the BS match up way more in your favor.

With IHW i actually think 2 IHW and 1 Plascrete is a better play, ive lost count of the amount of times ive butchershoped people with 2 IHW in hand.

I was going to go with sym visage or more money over the third ihw, but I can see plascrete as an option as well.

Datasucker kinda breaks the blue sun matchup, as once you have a few suckers parasite turns back to a real card, and then it gets really hard for blue sun to hold any money. I cut the david as it was no longer needed for the matchup.

1 Like

I ran a single sym visage and was very happy to see it every game, dropping a Xanadu for it. which i wouldn’t mind adding back in and taking some thing out.

This what i ran 46 cards, now i think i would

-1 IHW , i found you just hold these in meat damage matchup,
-1knight
+1 xanadu
+1faust

knifed or hacktivist meeting , are easy drops except ive found them effective especially hacktivist , if they want to rez the income assets that are MUST kills for us i like them to pay .

i could see doing

-1 parasite
-1knifed
+2 data sucker

keeps me at the 46 cards and all the tricks i like.

soo after some testing, you cant take the knight out as its one of your answers to wraparound.

or you might have to change the whole breaker setup,
to something like
2 eater, 2 faust , 2 corroder (1 extra card over normal)

Faustlock might have to be a different build

using a anarch console instead of desperado, so you can fit a levy, and mabye drop the eater/keyhole , for faust(2)/knight(3)/medium as your finnisher, as i always didnt want to sac cards to it ! Either that or just ditch stuff and care less.

when old Hollywood comes out im thinking trope might be good include, put the clone chips/crescents back into the deck.

If anyone interested this is my top 16 Reina sort of Faustlock deck.
Undefeated in swiss.

5 Likes

Wow, Data Folding with a ton of programs and only one card that gives +1 MU? 47 cards and 14/15 influence? Injects and no Clone Chip? Zero Lamprey?

Looks a bit all over the place but guess it got the job done :smiley:

2 Likes

I never had more then 2 programs installed so it wasnt a problem and i wanted clickless economy > wyldslide.
I had levy but exchanged it for trope on night before tournament, and added a diesel for it and 1 infl left.
Try it, its really nice deck (not for corp;) )

2 Likes

tried to run a variant of this with the new fuckboy starter pack (WNP, DLR, Fall Guy, Paparazzi) and… it was not good. was still running vamp/eater but no keyhole, and put in a lot of draw to get all the pieces quick.

i think it might’ve just been trying to do too much? maybe i just didn’t have experience playing it much yet, but the only game i ended up winning was one where i didn’t really focus so much on DLR as my win condition, and just did standard headlock/crescentus stuff. it was fun to mess with this deck again, though, if only for a single casual night.

2 Likes

probably too all over the place. you want to build a deck around the dlr thing specifically if you do it

1 Like

Nice one! :smiley:

3 Likes

You need DLR and Keyhole both. Active r&d pressure and passive r&d pressure, alternating between them based on their econ state. Imagine a Vamp click one, then dropping a DLR click two and firing it twice with a Keyhole on the table. Next turn is looking good for you. Rektboi

Looks like my previous version with levy :smile:
Was nice to see that he had used inspiration option to show that it was created from my deck.

2 Likes

I’m giving this a shot this week, seeing as how my meta has slowed down from grindy grindy HB breaker bay shenanigans enough that denial is probably somewhat viable again.

Breaker bay sucks couse you need to kill it asap so he will not have anything 0 rez cost.

1 Like

Yeah I played the older style desperado lampvamp version when those decks came out, and the games ended up being decided by who saw BBG first half the time. I’ll admit im not super top tier pilot level but it was very frustrating for a good month or so.

I was playing a version of this deck a while back (I think I posted this in the Faust thread but never posted it here, despite saying I would). http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/380736

I think his version has some advantages over it; Femme is hard to get out sometimes, I rarely needed 2 Knifed, Public Sympathy + Brain Cage isn’t necessary half the time. His program suite is better. I was on the 1 Turntable train before it started. :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer 2 Vamps in headlock and 3 Mediums, but I just can’t fit the third medium most of the time. Also, fwiw, I don’t consider 47 cards a hindrance when you’re playing Wyldside/Pancakes + IHW + QT + Inject. :wink:

I like the Muertos, but since I’ve rarely played it, I can’t comment on how good it is. Going to give a variant of the ANRPC deck a try soon.

This deck is very strong. I have been playing Headlock Reina for months now, cycling through multiple iterations, attempting to find a build that could compete with top tier decks. I believe this build to be as optimized as possible for competitive play.

A big thanks and shoutout to good friend and netrunner @Crunchums, who spent hours with me discussing card choices and recommended some key changes that has put this deck over the top.

5 Likes