Rules clarification : Nero vs Chrysalis

Hello, i’d like to know what would happen if for example :
Nero Severn: Information Broker spends his first click to do a run on HQ, no ices protecting it, the run is successful (right ?) so he access one card and it is Chrysalis so he has to encounter it.
What does happen ? Can he jack out ? If so is he able to trash the card ? Is the run considered Successful ? Unsuccessful ? Both ?

Thanks for the future answer guys.

edit : Nero : Nero Severn: Information Broker · NetrunnerDB
Chrysalis : Chrysalis · NetrunnerDB

http://forum.stimhack.com/t/official-rules-question-thread/

As for the question, I think you can use Nero. The run will immediately end and you won’t be able to trash Chrysalis.

Sorry it’s the first time i’m posting here i thought the category was enough.
so you think you could jack out, would the run still be successful or unsuccessful or what ?

It’s successful. The success of the run is determined before the access even happens, so the fact that you are accessing the Chrysalis at all in order to encounter it means you’re already successful.

1 Like

Semi-related, why hasn’t the official rules question thread been stickied?

3 Likes

So jacking out would mean you are no longer accessing the card and the run wouldn’t be considered as unsuccessful

Nope, just over.

No problem, it probably is. I blame my rudeness on typing the reply with my mobile. Welcome! :slight_smile:

Are you sure about that? If Nero jacks out before a run is successful, is the run then unsuccessful? The run chart doesn’t address this, i don’t think. I think it’s not that far fetched that a run is both successful and unsuccessful since it can also be neither of those.

The run is definitely flagged as successful though and I don’t think jacking out during access phase changes that. I’m just thinking it might also be unsuccessful.

You know, it’s funny. What the hell is the point of a rules question category when everyone refers to the rules question thread?

Should probably be one or the other. It’s easier to search that way.

No doubt, there’s just too much to read in that post. I would give a pinky finger/toe for a table of contents, by card title.

I don’t get why it isn’t individual question threads? It’d be easier to search for the specific question or post it as a response to a new post.

I can’t speak to the mods intentions, but probably because they don’t want the forum to be 80% rules threads? Definitely check out @jakodrako’s ANCUR wiki if you’re looking for a site totally dedicated to netrunner rules (he’s also very active the thread here, which generally focuses on issues brought up by newly spoiled cards)

But, as said above, there is a rules clarification sub. You don’t have to see them if you don’t want to. It’s not like that makes the rest of the forum questions.

They could hide those threads from the main page or something to that effect. That thread is huge, and I want to read it all, but it’s just so expansive.

meh, this isn’t the hill I want to die on, but I like the current format; I do want to see rules questions, I just want to be able to see the rest of the forums too. I think stimhack is a great place for confused players to access a lot of knowledgeable players quickly (which the one thread does extremely well) but as far as an easily searchable database or back-catalog goes, ANCUR does it better imho and I don’t think we need to re-invent the wheel.

If the mods decide “ok, forget the mega-thread, everyboduy post individual question threads,” I think the result will be most people setting that sub to hidden and players with question end up with a much smaller base of players actually looking at their question. Doesn’t seem like a good trade off to me.