Runaround - The Adam Thread

I always run 1 of IT, but its mostly like a stimhack for Faust. Typically I will leave an armitage with 2 laying around, and some other cards, I can blast them before levy’ing with 1 directive and then proceed with the infinite breaking power. I think you don’t want it just to permanently remove directives yet, otherwise you blank your ID essentially.

been having fun with turning wheel adam, it’s definitely a step up for him. I like the sound of this brahman jank - anyone have a list ehy’d be willing to share?

2 Likes

This is where I’m at with pretty good success, but I’m trying to look at him from another angle and rework the breaker suite. Testing includes Sage (which is nearly always a bad idea), will report back after testing.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/669825

1 Like

so where are you testing? I feel like you and I need to do another testing video for adam and Geist

Right now im testing adam on tuesday night live jank night and eventually online, still have to take your geist out for a few games on jnet. Ill try to do that tonight, maybe we can look at next week after i get back in town for an episode.

1 Like

I’ve been crushing with a modified version of that list for BB45. adam’s instant aggression is insanely powerful in a meta with no faust and only test run/special order for tutors. It’s a poster child for the meta of the format, imo!

in regular netrunner, I’m currently testing an alternative rig centered around Brahman, Scheherazade, a single d4, and a variety of different 0 cost programs. So far it feels really strong for getting accesses but it’s quite the influence hog, so the deck overall hasn’t found the sweet spot yet.

3 Likes

has there been any successful experimentation of running with a console other than Brain Chip?
not saying its the right move - just interested in hearing any feedback from what people have tried

maybe building the old school criminal run engine into Adam ( security testing , desperado, john masanori) ?

I think those cards are too expensive in terms of influence, sadly, because you’re right Adam would love it.

totally agree - where to spend the influence ( breakers , events, resources … ) is the hardest choice when looking at Adam. or maybe we just need to wait to see what he gets in the next cycle

Brainchip is soo good though, its such good design because it’s good but its best with him.

totally agree
but was curious if there was any testing data using other consoles

Brahman Adam has been surprisingly good in my experience. If I had enough influence to really cram everything in there, I think it would be at least competitive.

For now though, I am definitely enjoying the ride. I just wish I had more ways of finding all of my breakers.

1 Like

Both Sunny and Adam decks always feel like they’re 4-5 influence short, where that influence would be spent on icebreaker tutors.

I know right?

Its kind of like, do you want quality draw or tutors?

Adam at least has a soft draw in faction, which can kind of alleviate some of the draw problem somewhat.

And Drug Dealer is very cheap, clickless draw that works with Lovegood to get you a pseudo Wyldside when stacked with Safety First.

Still, shelling out six to nine influence for x2/3 SMC is pretty killer for Adam, even if he benefits from Turning Wheel a ton.

I dunno I feel like due to him being the only neutral runner without breakers the IC for any other console is gonna be tough to swallow unless its maybe desperado since he HAS to run.

Agreed. He would need an in faction breaker or something that works really well with him that is a neutral ai to really sub out that influence.

And since Desperado is MWL right now I feel that is a tough bit to swallow. If it wasn’t MWL, it could be doable.

1 Like

I strongly hope for at least some kind of in faction breaker. I’d like to see like a morph breaker, something akin to chameleon, only it legit gets killer/decode/fracter when you activate it’s morph ability. Otherwise, we’d need a current that does some sort of paintbrush effect or something.

5 Likes

I have a sneaky suspicion that the three cards are going to be all mini-faction currents.

I hope I am wrong, but if they are good they might help.

But yeah, Adam needs a breaker and Apex needs a way of playing non-virtual resources.

1 Like

Honestly even a single typed breaker for adam would be great, as it would save influence and you could put in 3 so you can use the breaker search tools on the other types.

Nah I don’t think they should remove the uniqueness of Apex like that. What it needs is
a) A way to generate installed cards at a higher rate than it does currently
b) Something that consumes installed cards for economic value (since they can’t play Aesops, Chopbot is only card filtering, and wasteland doesn’t generate value on its own)
c) Like all mini-factions, a better way to get icebreakers
d) Event recursion - everyone else gets Same Old Thing for 0-influence and events have been kind of Apex’s thing.
e) something to mitigate the memory costs of its endless hunger rig

2 Likes

There’s this card from ONR which seems to fit the bill. The numbers would probably need to be completely redone, but seeing something like this for Adam would be interesting, I think.

http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/morphing-tool/

4 Likes