SanSan Cycle Spoilers

For those you can still use data suckers… The real list of cards, imo, that mattered is this one:

Lotus Field

6 Likes

You just gonna love Blue Sun’s Onions :slight_smile: (pun’s intended)

Blue Sunions

5 Likes

Blue Sun On Ions :stuck_out_tongue:

so we can start using straight up strength increases now that patch will be out?

I’m confused… Yog.0 has never died, nor will it. Here is a post that truly encompasses my feelings.

5 Likes

I’ve been an advocate of Patch ever since it was previewed, and looking at the current meta makes me even more excited to play with it. Patching an Archer or Tollbooth screws with Switchblade or Refractor numbers, and while yes it is telegraphed, it’s still a stealth tax that doesn’t require any additional tax in the form of install and Rex costs, and doesn’t have any setup time unlike ITD.

I expect that Patch has a subtly different use in the Anarch matchup. Rather than being a credit tax, Patch can be used to strip excess D4v1d counters as they go through the remote. It’s easy to imagine an Archer into Patched Lotus Field (or the other way round) being unbreakable by most Anarchs not running Eater.

2 Likes

thing is, It’ll just end up bolstering Kate =)

Imagine a STR 6 decoder that breaks the first Code Gate you encounter completely free, and is pumpable. Surely that would bolster Kit more than Kate? :smiley:

(not saying that’s actually a good card, just as an example)

what I meant is that Kit will continue to not be played because of her low influence. there’s really no way to fix her, I understand Yog Kit was pretty strong when she was first released, but I can’t see her being powerful enough to viably play competitively any time soon

2 Likes

You mean unlike, say, “publish a good Shaper Fracter so she doesn’t have to burn inf on Corroders or suffer”, for instance? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Atman+inti already covered the fracter issue before Lady. The main issue with kit lies around her econ package. She need to be fast early on so she have to rely on datasuckers but without neither grimoire or Desperado. And her influence is way too limited to play lucky find.
Since she can’t burst (no lucky find), can’t rely on a run econ (no desperado) and is totally counter intuitive to play opus econ with her (opus econ means giving up the NBN match up), she is in an awkward spot where her ID ability is probably one of the strongest in the game but it can’t be leveraged into anything since she can’t have the tool to make it works smoothly.

1 Like

Opus isn’t crazy with Kit - you can run blindly into ice with just your decoder out and be safe. Hinkes leveraged this into a Vamp list. But I agree Opus struggles badly against NEH.

1 Like

Shameless plug, but I’m going to leave this here as well:

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (22)
1x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)[color=#4169E1] ••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time)[color=#708090] ••••[/color]
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Stimhack (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] •[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
2x Tinkering (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (5)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)[color=#4169E1] •[/color]
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (3)
1x Parasite (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••[/color]
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It’s by far my most succesful Kit build as of yet. And I’d figure you of all people should figure out how this deck works. :wink:

As to the supposedly bonkers new decoder that’s coming, I really wonder what new mechanic they’ll introduce for it. They’ve already pretty much nailed the different known breaker styles: fixed, pumpable, stealth, etc.

My first Kit/Refractor build was running 2x Desperado. When Astrolabe came out, I thought it would make an adequate substitute while freeing up 6 influence. In retrospect, I’m pretty sure every subsequent build has been worse – the Astrolabe helps a bit against NEH, but even in that matchup Despy is generally better since you’re going to want to check a lot of those remotes.

The thing is that the design room for breakers is pretty much wide open they really haven’t gone too far out there with breaker design yet. Hopefully we get some more breakers that have enters play abilties and different kinds of interactions beyond just boost + break things.

I also want them to make a corp card that makes little token ice as a subroutine :P. Please FFG give me some token paper walls someday.

5 Likes

Has anyone commented already that Cybernetics Division has built in Andy hate? The Andy player will have to trash one card from his hand, whatever he plays on the first turn. And discarding a Plascrete since it is usually not needed against HD (deadcoats can be beaten with enough money) will not be the safest choice against this ID.

I think that this ID will really make a splash.

The one discard is really not a problem as an andy player. I get to choose which card to discard. Having 9 options on turn 1 is what makes andy strong, not getting to start turn 2 with 5 cards in hand.

. I’d much rather you make me discard a card and give me slightly better HQ accesses with this ID than you get a free credit a turn from ETF or something.

2 Likes

How exactly is having to discard the worst card out of 9 “hate”? I’m guessing it’ll just hit the spare Desperado/SecTest like 70% of the time, and it’s not like every Andy ever sits on her ass for the first turn and doesn’t run at the expense of ditching a card.

edit: damn you @bluebird503, took too long to hit submit and got ninja’d :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s not the ‘worst’ hate but it does force some extra decision making which is never a bad thing. You can’t make bad decisions unless you have to make them in the first place.