SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Yeah, it would be silly if you could have a turn of “install two Hollywood Renovation, advance one of them, score both due to cascading triggers. P.S. also advance all your ice and any other cards to infinity just in case 6 points isn’t enough”

Looking forward to strong faceup agendas - I love building a big remote and daring the runner to try and get in.

1 Like

Someone on Reddit is saying that a “source” of theirs says that NEXT Gold is going to look like this:

NEXT Gold
Sentry, 4 strength, 7 rez, unknown influence
-> Trash X programs
-> Deal X brain damage
X is the number of rezzed NEXT ice

Obviously, as with all these new spoilers, take with massive doses of salt.

2 Likes

/tg/ is saying it is net damage not brain as originally spoiled.

I guess you’re going for the money shot with Corporate Troubleshooter when you play this?

As a regular, taxing ICE it’s cost-inefficient against Mimic+Datasucker, against Atman 4, against Switchblade, against Eater, or against Parasite+Datasucker spam.

Any idea if it’s AP and/or Destroyer so it can also lose to Deus X and Sharpshooter?

That’d be a reasonable NEXT Gold.

It’s a pain to facepant into early-mid, with 2 or 3 other NEXT up. But it’s not any better once a breaker suite shows up that can handle it. 4 STR means it’s the only facecheck Ice currently besides Archer and Grim that screws you hard with a Mimic.

They can’t continue making NEXT Ice that’s cheap and scales in ETR power like Bronze and Silver, so stuff like this is fine. It’s hard to rez in large quantitiies, and doesn’t scale in stopping power.

For fairness, it’s almost certainly AP Destroyer.

2 Likes

1x Levy has been a staple in Prepaid Kate since the beginning.

6 Likes

No doubt. I don’t mean to toot my horn here, but I won an SC last year with TWO Levy in a CT Siphon spammer, and then was the first person here to introduce the idea of PPVP in Kate. Note the Levy, which, IIRC, was scoffed at initially, but found to be completely necessary.

7 Likes

Good luck installing two Astros vs Leela.

Correct.

Seems crazy that that was less than a year ago, it feels like a lot longer. But I guess I got married, changed jobs, and tried about fifty thousand different decks in that time… and yet I just made almost the exact same error at last Saturday’s SC (taking the bait when I’m in control of the game), and it once again left me out of the cut by one win.

1 Like

I assumed this had to be the case, but @bayushi_david made it sound as if Levy wasn’t played at all until this most recent iteration of PP Kate. I wasn’t around for original PP Kate and didn’t want to make a faux pas so I just went with using the Blitz version as my example.

The first prepaid kate deck that I know was run at the end of spin by a friend of mine, before luckyfind came out. It didn’t work nearly well enough because it didn’t have its economic legs yet; but even that one had Levy AR; A few months later (and a few days before Lysander posted that thread), @nordrunner came to a group of us with a CT variant of voicepad, I believe it predated legwork; but here’s the list he posted at the time:

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (23)
3x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •

Hardware (6)
1x Desperado (Core Set) •••
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (6)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)
1x Garrote (True Colors) •••

Pretty damn close, huh? Note, this was prior to his imp build at regionals. I got the e-mail that contained this beauty on 4/13. @spags & the community refined from there, but near as I can tell this was the beginning and Levy has always been there.

While we’re reminiscing and all.

Wait, that deck didn’t have
Diesel?

What on earth?

4 Likes

Emails? Really? I mean, @nordrunner, @aandries, and I were all trading deck lists privately at that time.

I’m not here to swing my dick around, so, c’mon. I can note I started play testing after Gencon 2013, so I had access to the entire Spin cycle before most of the player base, thus giving me a leg up. So, of COURSE I was trying PPVP before most people, as I kind of figured Lucky Find was going to be a thing. #notasavant

4 Likes

@hhooo, it had ProCon? Not good enough?

1 Like

I just was trying to point out that Levy was never not a part of the deck as far as I could remember; and as far as I could remember that was the first time I saw that deck take shape. Also CT so no slots for diesel. That was a rough draft.

Sure. Levy doesn’t even really make sense in there, but, sure.

Levy wasn’t used much until PPVP as there was no need. Econ usually came from Kati, ProCon, and Opus. As I noted, I used it in CT Siphon to win an SC, because 6 Siphons wasn’t enough. I moved away from that build after Wausau tech’d v. me and destroyed it. I mean, what HB v. CT double ICEs HQ first turn?

5 Likes

I don’t think I ever saw your siphon deck in action, but that makes sense. Also, never going to pull that trick twice with that crowd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nord’s deck’s a bit overkill on certain vectors. I don’t think anyone really knew exactly what it needed; but it was a 40 card deck with masanori, quality time, & pro-co. I remember testing its like and needing the Levy every 3 games or so.

Anyhow, I agree that almost nothing before it needed the card and was universally kind of snubbed; but anyone who played magic knew that that kind of ability was useful. Hell, the alpha version of it was P9 in that game. I was just waiting for a deck that wanted it.

AND NOW THAT WE"VE SIDETRACKED EVERYTHING, BACK TO THE SHOW!

1 Like

The last one from the Valley (supposedly):

Brain-Taping Facility
Asset: Facility
1 influence, 1 to rez, 4 to trash
The cost to rez bioroid ice is lowered by 1[CREDIT] for each unspent click the runner has.

4 Likes

Wow, guess I will continue testing ST… this is a fun toy, and at 4 trash may not even need to be protected.

Levy is much better when it costs 2 and shuffles in at-that-point absurdly undercosted economy/draw/multiaccess cards.

8 Likes