SanSan Cycle Spoilers

I dunno. This is the one ID pretty much guaranteed not to be running the much more hateful Sweeps Week.

7 Likes

Touché m8.

New spoilers from pack 4, “The Underway,” focusing on the people now living in the San Andreas Fault, and especially on the Los Muertos street gang and the corps’ methods of dealing with them.

This is also the pack with Drive-By in it:

They also confirmed there’s a new Criminal identity in here, but didn’t spoil it.

Edit: It wasn’t in the article, but the following cards spoiled from System Crash would also be in this pack:

9 Likes

Underway Grid seems interesting for rush decks.

We knew about Drive By, but I’ve kind of been intentionally not thinking about it. I guess I’d better get my wins in with Caprice and Ash while I can. I’m not sure how the hell glacier decks are supposed to keep Criminals out of remotes with that card around. Have more than one upgrade in the remote, I guess?

Probably Fisk, judging by timing and his tattoos, though it’d be nice to have someone not White as part of a gang called Los Muertos. Still, suppose we’ll see.

Pretty excited for this pack, though, even more than before. Contract Killer seems like he’ll make Argus more of a thing, forcing more checking of remotes a la Ronin.

Defective Brainchips is HB’s second good current, and’ll be nice for the new ID of theirs, no doubt. Brain Damage decks might actually become a thing. I’m scared.

Of course NBN gets the good BP removal. Going to see this splashed aaaall over the dang place, so much for Valencia eternal. Not like’s not easy enough to hate out already. Still, will have a few months, and it’s not like she’s unable to re-BP folks or otherwise make trouble after the BP is gone.

Street Peddler seems… actually neat, depending on the deck. Definitely good with Off-Campus Apartments. Loses you events, and 2/3 cards even when all are valid targets, but hidden information on the runner side has some pretty nasty potential for instant-speed installs, since there’s no way to tell what they might have or if they have anything. Not sure if I like this for runners overall, but it’ll probably be okay in the right deck.

Underway Grid might be a lot of fun. Shuts down a lot of Criminal stuff, but can’t exist alongside SanSan at least. Obviously good in remotes, wondering if this might help make Gagarin better some by turning off Femme on the remote. (And then on whatever central, too, oog.) Glacier’ll be happy about this, too, with Drive By around.

@Ajar: Rez your Caprice and it can’t be Drive-By’d. It CAN then be S&W’d, but you’re making them play S&W at that point so you’re already a bit ahead?

3 Likes

Underway Grid does a lot to keep Criminals down in a glacier deck. No more Femme’ing the Tollbooth, no Drive By exposes, no Inside Job shenanigans. Not a perfect answer, but definitely a possibility.

4 Likes

I remember snow-jax confirming that the Criminal in SanSan makes the disposable breakers good - I don’t know how, but somehow.

6 Likes

Hilarious and true!

1 Like

Probably preemptively rez the protection upgrades as @GreedyGuts said as I was typing my response. Gives away the surprise and messes with multiple copies of installed uniques, but for the most part no one is surprised that you have an Ash or Caprice in that RP remote server. Gives a bit of an advantage to the runner to prepare for the right card, forces the Corp to spend the money earlier then they wanted, but they were probably already prepared to spend that money anyway. I don’t think good Glacier/Tax players will be too affected by this card.

Contract Killer helps the “PE” game people have been fooling with in Argus, and that same type of build may transplant in Gagarin.

Defective Brainchips will be terrifying in the new Cybernetics Haas deck. The fear of Cerebral, or even face checking an early Fenris, will be intense. We’re finally glimpsing the brain damage archetype people have been wanting since C&C.

Expose is a much better way to deal with bad pub in NBN than that other thing they have.

As for Street Peddler, I really like alternative econ cards, and Anarch has some of the most interesting ones. Currently, I’m becoming more and more entranced with Inject, and I can’t wait to try this little card out in a lot of builds. I like how MaxX, Inject, and now this have breathed life in Retrieval Run.

Underway seems like a powerful defensive card that will still be hard to slot (the price is right, the influence is right, the trash cost is right). They’re finally giving the proper power level to cards that are potentially dead in a lot of match ups.

1 Like

So Street Peddler is like a good version of Express Delivery that can’t get events. I’m not sure if it fits in decks, but it seems pretty good to me. Drive By is fantastic. Underway Grid seems like a counter to Drive By, though we need to wait for the final Lukasing before we find out if preventing the expose prevents the trash (presumably it does but everyone has been wrong at least once before about where the Lukas hammer lands). Contract Killer is pretty cool, Defective Brainchips has Cerebral Casts combo written all over it. Exposé looks like a card that may be required, but is the sort of silver bullet we all have somewhere in our binders that have never come out. It’s also worse than Witness Tampering unless you have all the bad pub (or maybe 1) - except for the outside chance of baiting a run before you use it.

I like the look of these cards.

5 Likes

You’re right, and I remember this (I was able to find the thread with a minimum of googling). She did confirm they work with the disposable breakers, but didn’t say how. The other person’s guess was “50 card minimum, 2 starting link, no other power?” and her response was “Think outside the box.”

The same thread coined the term ‘home invasion suite’ for the Crowbar, Shiv, Spike set.

2 Likes

Street Peddler seems fantastic to me. Instant speed Parasites getting hosted on there? Yes please. Resources? Clone Chips? Plascretes? I think it’s one of the best Anarch cards I’ve seen. I don’t care it trashes events; Noise decks will love it.

It’s mid-run installation for Anarchs!

10 Likes

For Noise it’s a neat draw 3/discard 2 that also gives you a clickless, reduced cost install. Not bad at all.

3 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that it combos with Stimhack. Yep, you’re right almost exactly as good as personal workshop… (well, nearly). Install Rachel Beckman mid run with Stimhack money!

6 Likes

Also, a way to get instant speed Clot without having to use Clone Chips in Anarch.

3 Likes

And if you want to get janky, there’s Test Run or Motivation to play with it.

1 Like

It would be nice if Anarch got a way to put stuff on top of their deck to combo with it. Might not fit the “Doesn’t matter what I get” theme, but would be mechanically interesting.

Shaper might get more.

And honestly, that card is like draw 3 cards, gain a credit, add some mid-run flexibility. Hidden information on the runner side (is that a Plascrete in there? A Parasite? A Cache? A breaker?). Just an all-star card.

Contract Killer looks like it’ll wreck Kati.

2 Likes

And Oracle May decks.

6 Likes