SanSan Cycle Spoilers

I believe so either. But it’s the closest thing we have and most of these were confirmed by snow-jax or from the draft pack.

Optimum Jank – Desperado, that set up, Three Steps Ahead. 27 credits gained in one turn, ideally all on R&D with a Medium or something.

A) Most of these were from someone that isn’t snow-jax, actually, I think they’re a new person? snow-jax got got.

B) As spags is, I believe, a tester himself, he would know if one or more of these is wrong, most likely.

1 Like

You forgot the Amped Up.

Naw, that was including. 7 clicks at start. Play Three steps, down to six. Play two amped up, back to 10. Run a bunch, gain 27 credits that turn (30-3 for card costs).

last click, push your luck, win the bet, flip table quit netrunner

5 Likes

Much as I like this, you don’t get the payout of Three Steps Ahead until the end of turn.

So, NEXT turn, 3x Push Your Luck, then make 4 runs for fun?

This seems like a sound plan.

More seriously, though, I think the Synapses are the only Genetics good enough to really see play right now. I get that they’re meant to be low-risk and low-reward in comparison to Cybernetics, but… Shapers have an okay option, and it’ll work nicely against some Jinteki decks, but it doesn’t help much with Scorched, even with the Shoppe, you draw the card after damage, I think. Criminal gets shafted pretty hard with the “make a run, reveal a card from HQ” thing. It could help you work out you should Legwork, but that seems like a waste of a card slot.

Meanwhile, both the Cybernetics we’ve seen look seriously powerful, and the related support resource provides a significant bonus (though the Genetics one could with Synapses).

Hoooping Criminal has more decent stuff coming than just Drive By, but I can’t think off the top of my head of any Crim cards this cycle I’m super excited about, if the Crim ID is really only the FIRST time/turn. (It could have 10 influence instead of what I assume will be 15 and still be better if it’d trigger every time.)

I disagree on Enhance Vision. It fits right into the Security testing econ - make a run, get some money, draw a card of Masanori, see something out of the corps hand. Not just knowing when to legwork, but also what ice is coming up sometimes, if they have a FA tool in hand, that there’s a Snare! around…

2 Likes

I can see uses for it, but I can’t think of things I’d cut for it. It doesn’t seem like it adds enough to the D/JM/ST plan to be worth the 2-3 card slots. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe the extra info will help. But as useful as it could potentially be, it still seems largely marginal.

I suppose it’d let you know if your opponent was flooded or something, so you don’t waste Legworks, but still… I feel like it’s the weakest of the three.

Though given that there’s a neutral cybernetic, I’m surprised there’s no neutral genetic there…

EDIT: There is, as I’ve been reminded. Seems okay. I stand by my rating of the Criminal one as least generally useful seeming, though I won’t say it’s impossible I’m proven wrong or anything.

There is one. The best one actually
9: Symmetrical Visage - Neutral, 2c, 0 influence. Resource: Genetics
The first time you spend [click] to draw a card each turn, gain 1c.

1 Like

16 looks cool. Very cheap ICE to use with Universal Connectivity Fee or Information Overload.

1 Like

The thing I’m seeing there is how well it works with IHW:

• 4 cards in hand lets you survive a double Scorch
  • 5 cards in hand lets you survive a double Punitive after stealing a 3-pointer even if they miss your IHW

You still die to a Punitive after stealing a Government Takeover, but what the hell - the added utility for facechecking Yaguras seems worth it :smiley:

2 Likes

If I understand 20 right, it’ll be really good for glacier decks since it’ll be similar to a neutral EBC: allowing glaciers to replace influence-costly assets with 1x and 2x of UNKNOWN(!) card 20.

Combined with other things it does a lot better, yeah. Against net damage of all varieties (or Brain Damage, even) it replenishes a bit. Not terrible, just requires some support.

[quote=“OMGROFL, post:475, topic:2197, full:true”]
If I understand 20 right, it’ll be really good for glacier decks since it’ll be similar to a neutral EBC: allowing glaciers to replace influence-costly assets with 1x and 2x of UNKNOWN(!) card 20.
[/quote]Similar, but very different in what it allows you to pull. EBC allows you to grab traps and bluff in ways that ??? wouldn’t. It also provides defence against some decks with the rezzing thing (making Val and Leels sad). But ??? saves the additional install clicks, so it’ll be a lot better for, say, ITD.

3: Superior Synapses - Anarch, 3c, 2 influence - Resource: Genetics
The first time you lose a click each turn, gain a click.

This card seems insane to me. For two clicks, 6 money and 5-6 card slots (2-3 Superior Synapses and 3 Wyldside) Noise becomes flat out better than MaxX.

Probably not that much better than playing 2 Hotels over the course of a game? I guess you can still pawn these after you’re done with them. But… card slots. Worth exploring though.

This is a curious sentence :smiley:

6 Likes

@mykonian I’m sorry, I typed that in a hurry. What I meant to say is that for a minimal investment, namely card slots you would likely be dedicating to draw anyway, you gain two cards a turn. This seems stronger than Maxx’s ID ability once it is online.

@fluffdasheep I guess I would need to test out how it feels but drawing your entire deck with this combo seems better than Earthrise on paper.

I guess the question is how much do you need to draw in order to get Wyldside out and how many Wyldside draws do you need to get Synapses firing :wink:

I think he’s questioning whether 5-6 card slots is a minimal investment.

3 Likes

True enough, if you ran three IHW as well you would be dedicating two or three more card slots to draw than a normal Noise build running three Earthrise.

MaxX’s ability starts online, though, which is a big help. while Synapses might help a lot with Wyldside, you need to get both of them in play, first (and if Synpases are 3 credits, that’s 8 total, which is a bit harder to handle).

Still a very potentially powerful card, though, for sure.

3 Likes