Second Annual SSCI Thread

The Stimhack Store Champions Invitational is an online tournament hosted on Jinteki.net on Saturday July 16, 2016. Any players who placed 1st in a Store Championship are welcome to enter, free of charge.

The SSCI will begin at 10am EDT and be live streamed with commentary by Dan D’Argenio & Dien Tran at Twitch. The tournament will follow standard FFG tournament rules, with 70 minute swiss rounds and 45 minute top 8 elimination rounds.

Prizes:

Top 8: ANRPC stainless steel Engineering the Future ID

Top 4: A set of twelve metal ANRPC dice

Top 2: Team Covenant datapack subscription for a full cycle

1st Place: $500 credit for a trip to FFG World Championships

DECKLIST SUBMISSION:

Decklists are due Wednesday July 13 at 12 Noon EDT.

24 Likes

Clarified on Slack, but for those skimming the post this rule is indeed different than last year.

Looking forward to it! Thanks again for taking time and effort to do this for the community :smiley:

1 Like

Signed up and hyped up!

IN! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!

“Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive” You can’t tell me what to do Stimhack forums!

1 Like

The 2016 Regional Championship tournament season for events outside of the United States runs from May 1st through July 31st.

July 16th > Montréal - QC > Gamers Vault

:frowning:

Ace!

Are we actually required to provide a phone number for this, or is it just on the form in case? I’m weird about putting personal details into forms such as that one.

Push comes to shove I can give you @lpoulter’s number :smiley:

3 Likes

JUDGE!

Unfair ruling by the TOs isn’t allowing me to play.

‘Git gud.’ -Damon Stone

1 Like

We had trouble contacting some people who signed up but didn’t show up, were late for rounds, etc etc last year. Phone number is not super mandatory but it would help us organize a lot and keep things moving if we had a simple way to quickly contact anyone.

Damn, looks like next year I have to actually win a SC :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I trade two 2nd and two 3rds for a 1st? :disappointed:

Get wrecked, me.

4 Likes

Signed up, as was the case last year, the event will likely start at 11pm for me over here in Australia…but hey, if I crash and burn I’ll drop and go to sleep ^^

Prices are sweet as fuck!

2 SC wins = 1 bye? :stuck_out_tongue:

And hey, that’s first day of my vacation. Great start!

Team GB will set up their infamous Green Room for UK Netrunners to hangout and chew the fat between games.

Last year’s highlight was me forgetting to turn my mic off, so you could hear all choices phrases I was directing at my opponent in the following round as @vinegarymink was desperately typing “GAZ, YOUR MIC IS STILL ON, WE CAN HEAR EVERYTHING” into a chat window.

Once heard, it could not be unheard.

5 Likes

Hehe yeah that’s what I did last year :smiley: Hooray for time differences.

1 Like

Signed up! I knew winning a SC would someday pay off.

Wohoo, this should be fun! :smiley:

Just to be super clear: I assume what you really mean is 10 am EDT (14:00 UTC) and not 10 am EST (15:00 UTC). Correct?

I signed up, but it turns out I’ll be at a wedding… I think I successfully sent a message to @mediohxcore to make sure I don’t end up in the rolls, but I thought I’d put this out there just in case I’m an idiot.

What is the signup deadline?

I’d like to see a clarification on this too. Better yet, a starting time in UTC :slight_smile:

Or a post saying “the tournament will start XX days YY hours ZZ minutes from now”, so everyone can see the timestamp in their local time and calculate when it starts.