Stimhack Handle - Call By Name - Real Name?

Well, everyone can get up in arms over whoever the nick-theaf is. Probably someone here, giggling maddly.

stimbot image me pitchforks.

oh … wait :frowning:

4 Likes

Syntax on ANR forums + Jinteki, _Syntax on OCTGN.
It’s sad I had the same idea of nick (coming from 8-bit era for me), for Netrunner, as @ some other guy named Syntax here :confused:
My irl name got lots of common letters, it’s just stupid as that.

More because every event I go to Josh and Eric also go to haha

saw that person last night; assumed it was you :confused:

I based my handle off my name for this reason, played other games competitively and it was always awkward going by handle. Rule of thumb is if your handle it more than 3 syllables people will use your real name.

haven’t hit that yet. But usually people shorten it to the first word.

Also, Im not from the UK.

I’ve heard the guy isn’t very good either. I can understand how people have confused him for me :laughing:

I regret picking a different name for OCTGN (Zouavez) than I have for everything else Netrunner.

1 Like

This thread did convince me to go make sure I grabbed Ravlin on jinteki even though i have never played on it… just to keep things consistent.

It was me.

2 Likes

I did the same.

For what it’s worth, I feel that in a community this small and tight, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to have the same name on all the different outlets. If I owned jinteki.net, I would try to make a “verified” status and grant people a name change that are using someone else’s name.

2 Likes

Calling @mtgred

1 Like

I guess i’m lucky that my name has not been taken on octgn or Jinteki.net. I was beaten to twitter though…

2 Likes

I sent an email to (impersonator) ff0x a while ago asking him to change his username but he didn’t reply. I’m not sure what do. I guess I’ll just rename him to a random username.

6 Likes

don’t feel bad, i don’t even have josh01 on octgn…

3 Likes

You could just but [Not the real] in front of his name :wink:

While you’re here and got nothing better to do - can you put on the fix list where someone can win after the other player won please? It’ll really help when I get in pointless arguments with trolls. On the plus side it killed some time while I’m waiting to go see Star Wars.

Example here

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a scored hades shard acting properly would need to go first.

I’d need to use my Hades to win, before I decked him and won?

Atm hades is triggering after the draw, which means that if the corp is on 0 cards in deck they “lose”, but the game actually continues.

I feel that the deck that requires mendax ask for this fix is something everyone should see, for the record. Rarely has a scored Hades Fragment been quite so effective.

1 Like