Stimhack League Jinteki Round 2

Can someone please give me a conclusion of OCTGN vs Jinteki.net and why the switch occured? Is the majority of online Netrunner players moving to Jinteki?
P.S.: Searched the previous SHL Jinteki topic and didn’t find a satisfactory answer.

I’m certain I let you know about my name in the pre-game lobby, but I get why it can be hard to recall post-match.

1 Like

There isn’t really a switch, there’s just 2 leagues.

You most likely did and I missed it / just plain forgot. All sorted now :slight_smile:

Ah thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding.
Does anyone know if there is any data about amounts of games played on one platform vs the other? Or just personal experience and guesstimation of how popular they are compared to each other?

You can check how many games are played per day on their league pages.
As to comparing Jinteki popularity to OCTGN: in December there were 56527 games played on Jinteki and 3884 on OCTGN.
edit: Sources: Jinteki.net discussion - #233 by mtgred http://84.205.248.92/slaghund/slagview.aspx

3 Likes

I think a lot of the difference is down to the fact that OCTGN was created as a platform for pretty much any card game, whereas Jinteki.net was made by a Netrunner player for playing Netrunner on, so the interface is simpler and more targeted because it needs to do fewer things. Also j.net being browser based is a plus, as you can play it more easily on the go (e.g. I can use my Chromebook for j.net but not for OCTGN). Hope this helps clear it up for you a bit.

5 Likes

This is a good tip Saan, I’d recommend it.

Yesterday I looked at the top 10 standings and asked all the people in the top 10 at the moment I looked what they were playing. Here are the results and the early meta picture:

Corp side:
4.5 NEH
3.5 Regular Rp
1 Grail RP
1 Horizontal Gagarin Troll Deck

(.5 is someone telling me they were playing 50/50)

Runner side:
1 Hailey Pawnshop
2 Proco Kates
1 Apocalypse Kate
4 Noise
1 Apocalypse Maxx
1 BarnacleShop Maxx

So this a roughly early look at what is winning. Thanks to the top 10 for being so helpful! (As a side note KP was in the top 10 but I couldn’t find their stimhack account, so I took the 11th person instead, feel free to make an account and message me if you’d like). Anyone in the top 10 is welcome to post and clarify their exact decklists if they’d like. I’ll make another one next Saturday.

5 Likes

I have such a rough time while playing this deck… And I’m usually pretty good with MaxX. I hope this player makes it in the top 4 so I can see the magic happen!

What even is a BarnacleShop?! :smiley:
Netrunner decknames have officially jumped the shark.

5 Likes

Super-Aggro MaxX based around viruses.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/6HiWMu8SXi4JcnroH/

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/ZPd6XvgWyzEC963nJ/

3 Likes

Ta!

Still not very sure what it has to do with barnacles though…

Lampreys, parasites and datasuckers are the core of the deck and are barnacle-y

1 Like

I will hence forth refer to it as Asymbiosis.

1 Horizontal Gagarin Troll Deck

LOL, pretty sure I played this one. I love that troll decks are tier one now. All hail the new meta!

I’ve played five games, lost all five. All of them were ridiculously close. Including a game as NBN in which MaxX kept using Turntable on me, and yet only won 7-6. I’ve seen no diversity at runner.
Runners:
Noise
Noise
MaxX

Corps:
Haas ETF
Argus

My decks:
Chaos Theory I-don’t-know-what-to-call-it deck. (I’ve named it Big Rig)
Caissa because I still haven’t seen a Blue Sun in all of my years on Jinteki
Noise- in case people play Blue Sun against me after reading this.

The World is Yours FA- At least it’s not NEH
Haas Glacier- Of course
Grndl: Because someone has to.

I’ve only played 3 corp games so far but all 3 were different runners, Haley, Adam and Whizzard.

I’m not doing well either, I think I’m 2 and 5, losing every runner game. I attribute my 2 corp wins to the ridiculousness of Haarp and one loss due to my unfamiliarity with the interface on Jinteki. The Haarp deck is so OP, it’s certainly takes a lot less effort on my part than other corps I’ve played. I’m enjoying myself so far, it’s great to play against highly skilled players.

1 Like

I think I played against your Haarp with my Whizzard and lost to Astrotrain, and then beat you with my own Astrotrain! You were a great opponent, and they were fun matches, regardless of the fact they were both testament to the still dominant power that is APP.

1 Like

Well, I’m personally sporting a 5-5 record, with quite a few close and fun games in there.

Me and @tolaasin managed to get the very first two league games this season, me winning with Kim over EtF, and him beating me with Whizzard against the MN glacier.

My Kim deck is 4-1 this league, with Turntable basically winning me in games against yellow decks. I only played that one as MN glacier, then dropped one as Sync Yellow Flash, Haarp Yellow Flash, and splitting with Grail RP.

Most of my competition is positively rated, and my most recent matches were against @koichinakano, the current leader in the standings. I was quite happy with a split against such an awesome player, even though my win with Kim cut it pretty close. Hammer Time got a few operations out of the way, and then mad scratches on Turntable secured the points - and Astro token - to buy enough time for the win.

I"m having a great time so far, almost everyone has been fun to play and chat with.

1 Like