The Anarch Cookbook: Chapter One

You say that it’s 46 cards, but I am seeing 35.

Looks like the non-icebreaker programs got lopped off your list - only 35 cards listed, and the Imps and Keyholes you mention aren’t anywhere to be seen.

I’ve actually been interested in trying this idea (the whole PPVP+Lucky Find+draw+events setup) in Whizzard. I feel like it works better out of Whizzard or Reina than Noise, plus I feel like the sea change towards asset economy is going to favor Whizzard even more as well. However, I’m never confident in my own Anarch deck designs, so I haven’t really tested anything out yet.

I do kind of wish it wasn’t so inefficient to bring in Legwork and Maker’s Eye, since they work so well with the PPVPs, but with Medium and Nerve agent in-faction it’s kind of hard to complain. :laughing:

Fixed it - with the latest changes. Sadly playtesting is slowly moving it towards the “if the economy doesn’t kill you, failure to find the breaker you need or running out of MU will” catagory of Anarch decks.

It’s kind of expensive for what it is (virus wipe bait), but I think it’s okay.

In a vacuum, I think it will be amazing in am old school Noise Workshop build.

I moved several posts to a new topic: Wyrm: Super Hard Mode and deleted others.

This thread was both side tracked and overly hostile. Please try and keep things on topic here.

2 Likes

Before you test this pile of netrunner cards, I respectfully urge you to reconsider your decision to include wyrm in your netrunner deck.

Here is a spreadsheet I made to show you why I politely disagree with you:

I have the 3 ice types, then the number of each of those types, followed by the total number of subroutines on all of the ice. The next column is wyrms average cost to break from sneakdoorzeta.com

Thus, Total b is the total cost in credits to break every ice of that type with just wyrm. Since the plan is to use wyrm for parasite support, you don’t need to spend credits on breaking routines, so the cost to 0 out an ice is more relevant

To calculate that cost, I multiply the number of subroutines by 3, then subtract that number from the total break cost to get my total 0 out cost, which is then divided by the number of ice to get the average 0 cost.

For comparison, I added the average break cost of crypsis. Crypsis is basically the most inefficient you can get, yet somehow it still manages to outclass wyrming ice to 0 in every category by a wide margin in some cases.

**Edited to follow community guidelines

4 Likes

Hey Wyrm can kind of work in Nasir, where you use the corps money to pay for trashing their ICE haha

Well, I kept talking about this here and in the Econ 101 thread, so I suppose I should put it up at some point. Here’s the Whizzard deck I’ve been running this month.

Running the Rincewind Way

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (12)

Hardware (7)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (12)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

It’s more or less an Anarch version of the Andy Deck/an attempt to put together a very strong economy in Anarch. It was initially a Lamprey deck, but Lamprey wasn’t doing enough to be a worthwhile inclusion, as it turned out, at least in comparison to the third Cyberfeeder, Imp, and Deja Vu. Lots of installing over Viruses in this, unfortunately, putting a couple of Djinns back might be worthwhile.

At any rate, the plan seems pretty obvious. Build up a strong economy, hit servers regularly, use parasite/Imp to get rid of trouble (though Peekay has convinced me that a singleton Demo Run reaaally might be worth it instead/in addition). It has a pretty reasonable win-rate, given that I’m the one piloting it, though I’ve not had the chance to take it to any big events (and I have no doubts that I’m a better builder than player, alas).

I think Daily Casts would be better than Cyberfeeder here.

Possible. The big advantage of Cyberfeeder, for me, isn’t the credit for viruses, it’s the credit for breakers. Being able to Security Test into a server for free means you can keep up the Beanstalk-each-turn credit gain, and it becomes somewhat more difficult for many corps to tax you out of. Another common situation is, say, them having Tsurugi (or Wall of Static and Rototurret, or Eli 1.0, or whatnot) over R&D. With 3 Cyberfeeders and Desperado, it’s a neutral cost to run that each turn.

While Daily Casts gives more valuable income, I end up using the Cyberfeeder credits almost every turn they’re out, unless things are going pretty monumentally badly (in which case I don’t see Daily Casts providing all that much help, though I could be wrong). Using the examples above, I could break in 5 times before Daily Casts ran out, but after that I’m not making any savings. That might be enough – doing the math here is making me tempted to try the switch, but in longer games I find the Cyberfeeders to be a godsend.

I have used Wyrm to break a subroutine, but only when I knew my opponent forgot that it does that, and installed an agenda. No one actually uses Wyrm to break subroutines regularly. That thought should be out of anyone’s head at all when they see it in a deck, unless said deck doesn’t have parasite in it, in which case we shouldn’t even be discussing said deck.

Wyrm is perfectly fine to include in a deck that wants it.

1 Like

I said as much above in my version, but I genuinely think in a deck with high redundancy that Express Delivery is a crappy card. Yes I tried it (I had it instead of QT in my deck for Portland Regionals) and switching to QT made things immensely better.

2x Security Testing instead of 3x Lucky Find seems good, though, I’ll have to give that a try.

The math is that you have to use a Cyberfeeder 8 times before it’s making you more money than a Daily Casts would have. The thing to do would be to take notes about how much you use Cyberfeeders each game.

2 questions:
don t you habe MU problems ?
What do you think about john masanori in it ?

Funny you should ask those questions - here’s my take on a similar core:

The Beta-Tester

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (12)

Hardware (9)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (10)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

(side-note to @GreedyGuts: this is what the list I sent you turned into when I actually built it in meatspace)

Those Dysons were originally Armitages, but I figured they shouldn’t really be necessary, with all the other econ options. This was originally a Desperado list too, but all my Desperados are in other decks (all seven of them, lol) so, after thinking about it for a bit, I decided that going to Doppelganger and changing the third QT into a third Security Testing might actually be worth it. There is that threat of a tag from John M., after all.

Three Mediums because Medium + Security Testing + Datasucker + Doppelganger is just brutal, once you clear the road to HQ enough.

Only if Daily Casts finishes ticking. That’s why I personally went with Feeders - the self-tag from John M. is a real threat in this regard.

1 Like

Funny enough I was going to try a Doppelganger/Security Testing build when I got back from holiday. I imagine it’ll hit the usual buffer of inconsistency on breaker draws but it seems worth trying.

Question - with ASH everywhere is Quest Completed worth trying in faction? It lets you threaten remotes against anything that IAAs without letting up your focus on the centrals.

Have to wonder at what point it isn’t better being a criminal deck. I think it’s a great meta for Wizard right now but you can bring Scrubber over for only 1 influence.

1 Like

By being Anarch, I get heavy RnD multi-access, some HQ multi-access, heavy Parasite recursion, a recurring credit economy and a great breaker suite vs. taxing ICE setups on top of that sweet, sweet Whiz ID. I haven’t really played this deck yet, so the ratio of these things in the deck may change with tweaking, but I definitely want all of them in, and feel like I’d have issues doing all of that in blue.

There’s definitely a point where things start being better off as Crim, but I don’t feel this is that point yet.

It’s possible, certainly. Like I said, it’s the Andy Deck in red. I think there are a few advantages (Imp, Deja Vu, more Knights/Parasites, Medium/Nerve Agent) but there are some pretty big disadvantages, too (no Clone Chips, fewer cards in opening hand, no Siphons, no Special Orders, no Faerie or Femme). Still, it’s fun, and I like it, and it seems strong for Whizzard.

I also don’t really subscribe to the “this is stronger as this other ID, so why not play that” thing so much. I mean, yes, it’s true, but if A and B both work best with the same tools and B is better, that doesn’t mean people playing A should avoid a good build just because it works better with B. Does that make sense?