The Astroscript Pilot Program was a Hoax! - Omar Keung Thread

Yeah I think that is a pretty good place to start. Cutlery & Parasites also seem important to keep centrals ice-light. I’m kind of thinking of him as a central’s focused Whizzard build. But time will tell. Looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

You can’t get successful run triggers on multiple servers in one run. So you either target HQ with your Contract, click Omar & treat the Archives run as an HQ run & get contract money, or you target Archives & do a normal run there.

Right now I am actually probably going to start as either Val, Whizz or MaxX and rebirth into him.

His ability then can function as a clutch Medium dig after the corp has set up a bit.

Probably going to go the Timmy Wong route to start. Cause good goddamn does Omar’s console and Faust seem to have some nice synergy.

1 Like

I’ve updated my list:

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist

Event (11)
2x Career Fair ●●
2x Déjà Vu
1x Dirty Laundry
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (1)
1x Grimoire

Resource (18)
3x Adjusted Chronotype
1x Bhagat
3x Daily Casts
1x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x Scrubber
2x The Turning Wheel ●●
3x Wyldside ★★★

Icebreaker (4)
1x Aghora
2x Faust ★★
1x Mimic

Program (11)
3x Datasucker
1x Djinn
3x Imp
1x Medium
3x Parasite ★★★

4 influence spent (max 12-8★=4, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)

Has nobody tested with Orchestra yet? Seems like a 1 of that can really save your bacon. From the heap it breaks DNA Tracker for 9. 6 if already installed. That seems pretty good considering using Faust on it is miserable. Sadly, it’s sorta garbage against Tollbooth, but what can you do?

The first time you use Orchestra, it doesn’t break any subroutines on DNA Tracker so you need either a Datasucker token or to pay another 3 credits.

On its own, it breaks DNA Tracker for 9, Tollbooth for 6. I think it’s very good actually. It’s very cheap to install since it saves you a click, versatile and, basically, comparable with Zu.13.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Each payment of 3 has to resolve before the next payment is made. Lame. Still not too bad for the cost, and the recursion is nice.

I think it could be good with sucker support,but unless you’re building around it / need the influence / see lotus fields everywhere then I think Yog is the gold standard and due for quite a serious comeback.

Every single Jinteki deck will play DNA Trackers so if they become viable, Yog will cease to be a good option. You cannot rely on having D4v1D plus Spooned to get rid of it, specially if you are forced to facecheck it.

I’m trying 1 Yog 1 Orchestra in my build. I’m also on a lot of ICE destruction because I like spreading the ICE thin across centrals, and keeping things in check.

I’m on the fence to try using Run Amok (bad card). It works if you aren’t pressuring the remote in the early game, and can usually give you a snipe in the mid-game.

Right now I’m on Nerve Agent, which works better if you pressure the remote and bottle agendas into HQ. Having a Legwork on the board at all times keeps a lot of pressure up, and can force a CVS purge sometime other than clearing Datasuckers to blow up your rig.

I think TTW works well in an ID that pressures centrals so much, but I’m having trouble fitting it in.

I don’t think this build is good or finished, it’s just what I’m trying out this weekend to see what works.

Fun Times Omar

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist (Escalation)

Event (17)
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
2x Spooned (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]★★●●●●[/color]
2x MemStrips (Order and Chaos)
2x Obelus i[/i]
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (3)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Cerberus “Cuj.0” H3 (All That Remains)
1x Black Orchestra i[/i]
1x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Paperclip (Blood Money)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]★[/color]

Program (11)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) [color=#FF4500]★★[/color]
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]★★★[/color]
4 influence spent (max 12-8★=4, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The opposite is true, imo. Yog-sucker plus supporting cards like NRE and Ice Carver seems like the only reasonable way to deal with Tracker.

1 Like

I dealt with the one DNA I saw with 3 sucker Yog + Spooned.

I think ICE destruction is pretty powerful in an ID that spreads ICE thin. I just need to play it better. And probably add Faust.

The only good code gates against Yog are Quandry, Lotus Field, Tollbooth and possibly Little Engine. Just pack more suckers et al. More taxing code gates makes Yog better not worse imho, although it’s worth pointing out I’ve mostly been playing it in Null.

1 Like

If we didn’t need Whizzard credits so desperately, I’m convinced Net Ready Null would be the go-to good stuff Anarch deck.

4 Likes

Just wait for the yet to be spoiled card that makes all trash costs -1, then combine that with the card that makes cybernetics bonuses double, then Skulljack will be universally played! Like the flavor text wants it to be!

1 Like

Has anybody tried Omar (or really, any Anarch with Obelus) with Stim Dealer and Joshua B? I’ve been playing a lot of Chaos Theory with extra clicks recently (from Beth, Rachel Beckman, and/or hyperdriver) and, man, that is a big advantage and really helps against asset spam. Losing a random card every 3rd turn for 2 6-click turns seems not so bad-- Joshua makes sure that your hand size increases faster than the brain damage racks up.

Would probably use WNP/fall guy for protecting the resources? I’ve never played the sort of DLR decks that need to float tags and also play key resources, not sure if you’d end up too crippled with Omar’s influence hit + fall guys. Maybe it’s just better out of Val + rebirth-- since Omar’s ability is once per turn, he stands to benefit less from extra clicks than other runners.

wow what a coherent and well structured forum post, nice job

1 Like

I had honestly never thought about Obelus + Stim Dealer. It seems kind of risky in some match ups.

I think if I was going to try that build, I would run it out of MaxX and Rebirth into Omar based on the matchup, if you think the stim dealers add a lot to the DLR matchup you could slot a few in and obelus.

I don’t know if there is another build that would run the combo though aside from maybe a weird Investigative Journalism Val Deck.

The problem is that you don’t get a click the turn you lose the card so, ultimately, you are trading one brain damage for two extra clicks. Considering Stim Dealer itself costs 6 click-equivalents and will eventually kill you, it’s an awful trade.

Seriously, it’s doesn’t work. They nerfed the original Netrunner card at least three different ways making it completely unworkable:

Source: “How I tried to make Stim Dealer work for ten hours and failed” by Me

3 Likes

Yeah, honestly Amped Up is probably the better play. Could easily pack those in triplicate with Obelus hand size increases.

por que no los dos?!?!

good suggestion with amped up. Will be experimenting with these.

Do people think that Omar the best ID for Obelus (because the draw-as-many-as-you-access is easiest to pull off with him), or is there a better choice?