The Geist Zeitgeist

I think he runs account siphon better than just about any criminal. The main counter for account siphon is expensive ice on hq and assets. He cheaply breaks just about any ice 1 or 2 times and if those 1 or 2 times are on account siphon or vamp runs you are in good shape. Not to mention you get cheap tag removal with forger and crash space. Get added benefit from same old thing… cortez chip… etc…etc…

1 Like
  • Disposable Breakers
  • Crescentus
  • Sneakdoor/Medium?
  • Supplier breakpoint @ 2c if wanted
  • Grappling Hook
  • 1 influence

The dream

5 Likes

Can we just agree that Forger is a trap. It’s access to globalsec that allows you to remove 1 tag (and draw a card). As an alternative, check the criminal console in the core set. It gets you 1 credit every single successful run. Forger isn’t even a very well disguised trap. I guess you need the link if you’re planning on breaking and entering, so play Dyson Mem Chip and/or Access To Globalsec and/or Hostage and The Helpful AI. I think 'rara might merit consideration if you’re going to be installing all those programs.

Criminal consoles that aren’t called desperado don’t really stand a chance. I don’t think Forger would be good in any colour though.

6 Likes

Here is a shell I think might work. Andy is geist and bug is shiv. Not sure what to cut down to 45.

EDIT: sub out access to global sec for a hardware link of some sort cuz tags.

Geist Shell

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (11)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Legwork
3x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp ••

Hardware (11)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
3x Cortez Chip
3x Desperado
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (6)
3x Access to Globalsec
3x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (8)
3x Crowbar
2x Faerie
3x Spike

Program (10)
3x Bug
3x Crescentus
1x Grappling Hook
1x Keyhole •••
2x Parasite ••••

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Agreed, giving up Desperado for a link is a truly awful trade. I think the entire B&E suite is a massive trap, you need so many out to be able to guarantee accesses, which means you need to play link or you’re screwed for MU, which means putting some really appalling cards in your deck and likely playing a sub-par economic suite as well in order to justify it. And you don’t get the draw with B&Es til after you’ve used them, rather than during the epic set-up period you’ll need to put a reliable quantity into play. It all adds up to a whole lot of wheel spinning early game for nowhere near enough payoff later.

1 Like

But why use Desperado if you are only making targeted runs for cheap using B&E? Plus, isn’t the general consensus from What's up with Criminal? that Criminal run based econ is “bad” right now?

1 Like

It’s really because the bar for Desperado to be better than Forger is so so so low. If you make even a few targeted remote runs plus, say, some central runs with central breakers, Desperado is going to have made you cash comparable with your other econ cards. Forger just really doesn’t make the cut against it; I’d rather run Access to GlobalSec on top of Desperado than lose it.

1 Like

Maybe you could do the hard denial game like Reina? use the B&E to get into HQ for siphons and then run where you please with cortez/crescentus/parasite sucker to create negative value for the corp?

3 Likes

Wait, why are we running exclusively the B&E tools? They’re IN ADDITION to breakers, possibly even the centrals only suite. If you reserve 1 of each for the remotes, or more, then they’re super high strength (5-6+), are likely to break all subs on remote ice, and get you in for free. Now you just need to run expose so you don’t waste them, and some how crush Caprice (Gun) and out trace Ash (you already have link right?) Too bad both of those solutions are too narrow and unrealistic :confused:

Pack the full 3 inside job too, so that you reduce the number of ice on the remote.

12 Likes

I repecfully disagree: The dream

4 Likes

This is better in nearly every way. Truly 100% better if you have a Cortez Chip out for Shutdown protection.

From Facebook’s Netrunner Geeks group:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11026804_10152860139036965_19992190022363657_o.jpg

29 Likes

Again I migth sound stupid but

Having lots of MU doesn’t make you win. Cloging your hand with waste ressource makes you loose clicks in my opinion.

YOLO
http://netrunnerdb.com/web/bundles/netrunnerdbcards/images/cards/en/08061.png

Not sure if it works, though.

1 Like

It depends if you’re using the breaking and entering suite of icebreakers. If you are (and Geist is probably one of the best to do this), then you probably want two link anyway to turn on their Cloud ability, so that you can have multiples out boosting their strength and still have room if needed for regular breakers. If you’re running two link, then why not drip with UC?

If you’re not running B&E, then sure, not much point.

1 Like

I made this but haven’t tested it. Looks reasonable on paper. Faerie allows for some early game pressure, Cortez Chip can make some Siphons land.

Armand “Geist” Walker (The Underway)

Event (13)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) ····

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ····· ·
2x Cortez Chip (What Lies Ahead)
3x Forger (The Underway)

Resource (10)
3x Bank Job (Core Set)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) ·

Icebreaker (13)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ··
3x Crowbar (Chrome City)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
2x Shiv (The Underway)
3x Spike (The Valley)

Program (2)
2x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) ··

Cards in deck: 46 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built with Net Deck Connecting to the iTunes Store.

2 Likes

This looks like a functional, tier 2.5 list. Looking foward to trying something similar. I think you want Fall Guys more than Bank Jobs as they provide a semblance of draw and economy. Here’s an Au Revoir build that has a single SMC instead of the Scheherazade econ (which may be better).

I also have ZU, which could be a Passport and two 'zades if I could find something to cut. Drive By seems too good to leave out though.

Armand Au Revior

Armand “Geist” Walker: Technolord (The Underway)

Event (9)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Drive By (The Underway)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) ••
Hardware (7)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)••••• •
3x Forger (The Underway)
1x Unregistered S&W '35 (Honor and Profit)

Resource (9)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (13)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Crowbar (Chrome City)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
2x Shiv (The Underway)
3x Spike (The Valley)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)••

Program (7)
3x Au Revoir (The Source)
2x Crescentus (A Study in Static)
1x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) •••
1x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I’ve played about 4 games with Geist on J-net, some were sloppy due to interface issues but he’s been winning for the most part. Breaking and entering breakers have been surprisingly nice. Makers eyeing nearly for free all while drawing cards feels good in the tempo zone.

Discovered that Muertos Gang is really good in early turns vs Blue Sun. The two clickless draws later on worked for me nicely once when it wasn’t a huge deal if corp got a free rez.

More to figure out re: support and econ cards but mainly wanted to report back on the B&Es, so far so good. I’ve played two of the games with Autoscripter out and I think that’s a main proponent for making them shine.

6 Likes

What econ did you use? Scheharazde sounds tempting.

I tried something that was very similar, but with no Shaharazade. It was soo bad I quit and dumped the B&E suite and underworld and went to streight up economy denial suite as well as Eater Keyhole. I find that I draw 6-9 cards a game with this build, but like 2-3 if the game goes fast and I end up spamming Keyhole.