The Two Year Turn: How I Learned Netrunner by Noah McKee

This is a bit like arguing about who decided to put SanSan City Grid and Astroscript Pilot Program in a deck together

22 Likes

Pretty sure that was me.

8 Likes

I was the first person to put SEA Source and Snare! in a Core Weyland deck.

Look it up. It’s on the internet.

4 Likes

That’s the first time I remember seeing anyone take RO seriously.

Fantastic article by the way Noah! Hopefully people will read it and understand that anyone has the potential to compete at the higher levels of this game without having unparalleled natural talent. Showing the thought process of a successful player is also a great way to help everyone improve.

I hope that you plan to write more articles.

6 Likes

Nah, he was one of the first people I gave the list to.

2 Likes

Sorry, should have never questioned the world champion.

2 Likes

Excellent article! It’s really inspiring to hear stories of people pushing themselves to improve. As a player who’s been playing pretty regularly for a few years, but doesn’t have a huge amount of time to play, i was looking for some techniques to make the best use of my time in terms of improving. I often find myself repeating the same errors, maybe a small book to reinforce them could help. Thanks so much for writing this, congrats on your worlds placing!

1 Like

Remember when I invented the Midseason Replacements deck with taxing ice instead of ETR ice?

:wink:

4 Likes

We all remember.

2 Likes

I put biotic in a Weyland deck one time

k I’ll just see myself out

4 Likes

Good article. We were wondering what the notebook was about!

Always good to read about a thoughtful process for playing the game. Critical analysis of what could have gone better is key to improving in the future.

Look forward to reading more!

1 Like

Me

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of the “figure out why I lost” method. I lost a game digging for a stimhack but ran on click 3 rather than click 4. Turns out the next card was the Stimhack. Lesson learned. I really enjoyed this article and love seeing how hard work and perseverance can bring great success in this game. Still waiting for my own. :slight_smile: Maybe I should play better decks.

2 Likes

I loved this article. I would also love to see more articles go in-depth on the nuts-and-bolts aspect of the game, as it seems that improving the nuts and bolts was the big step forward for him. I feel like that’s where I’m the most lacking right now.

I guess @mtgred can be an honorary Californian :grin:

7 Likes

California, so OP.

7 Likes

Noah says to hit him up to play, Where do i find a way to contact him?? Or any other semi professional players willing to help a noob understand >.< I want to start writing down my mistakes asap! that seems like such a good idea.

1 Like

Consider posting in this thread -

It has a bunch of players who are volunteering to ‘mentor’ players like yourself if you want to improve.

4 Likes

Admittedly, I’m trying to get into Netrunner, but the game itself seems so complicated with a huge gap between players, but I suppose that’s true in all games. It’s incredibly motivating to hear, straight from the mouth of another player, that working hard and persistence can actually pay such great dividends.

It actually eased my tensions with finally picking the game up, and taking it more seriously.

4 Likes