Top Competitive Decks Post O&C

LOL, oh shee-it. Bring on Netrunnergate!

5 Likes

I love how we have an overweight guy with glasses ‘hero’ option.

If they would print an overweight unattractive female that has a really strong ability that would really be something.

8 Likes

Oh, cool, I wasn’t sure if there were more people from the Santa Clara area was on this forum. I ended 3rd in the Fremont SC (finished first in swiss, won two then lost two in elims).

Some interesting thoughts on ICE for glacier in here. I tended to go for more mid-strength stuff that stays pretty consistent through the game, but it sounds like you are saying a separate set of dedicated early vs late game ICE works better for you. It makes sense, and probably makes it easier to land a full cost OAI if you have more giant ICE with the plan of hard rezzing 1-2 (my plan is usually just to hard rez 1). There is another SC coming up in about a week, I will try switching over to something more like your ICE package bblum and see how it works for me.

I should clarify! I meant that I’ve switched away from Blue Sun, not switched away from running Caduceus. If I go back to Blue Sun, the Caduceus / Errand Boy split will be one of the first things I reexamine. However, I was also on 3x Tollbooth rather than your 2x TB / 2x LF, and in the current D4v1d-heavy climate around here, I think your build would have been considerably better than mine. I just didn’t think it would swing so hard so fast – I thought I could sneak in one more tournament with my list performing well.

Hero? Wait, I thought the Runners were the bad guys… Well, the Runners and NBN, anyway.

2 Likes

Oh sure, I picked EB over cad myself for both my argus mushin nonsense and my titan diagnostics nonsense decks.

This bootcamp list is pretty teched to beat mid-lunar-era cache-pawnshop noise and I haven’t changed the anarch hate package at all since then (unless you count adding crisiums as even more hate). Luckily lotus continues to be amazing against reg-ass too.

2 Likes

Other thing Orion has over Curtain Wall is that its painful to facecheck. Curtain wall you facecheck and bounce, then inside job and shutdown (or D4vid+Knifed). You can’t just force the rez at no cost to yourself as the runner against Orion. Orion also has the fringe benefit of being able to be used as space ice against Nasir.

Orion has some disadvantages of course (all types, unique). I think 2/2 is probably right.

2 Likes

One of the things cyberpunk carried over from noir is moral ambiguity. Everyone is flawed and viturious.

2 Likes

Only JUST? :wink:

I think Caduceus>Errand Boy because you don’t want parasites to be useful at all. Still find Caduceus lackluster though.

Fixed that for you :wink:

By which I mean the early game vs late game ice distribution is very bimodal. By comparison HB glacier expects to need way more than 2 ice on its remote.

[quote]I think Caduceus>Errand Boy because you don’t want parasites to be useful at all. Still find Caduceus lackluster though.
[/quote]
It may lack luster, but I think the role it plays in the early-game consistency and the in-faction mimic gear check are crucial. Weyland needs another good sentry before I’d consider cutting any.

@bblum, I tried out your ICE suite in a tournament yesterday, it does seem much better. I see what you mean with Hive, I had a few awkwardly long early game periods where I would have loved to see one of those. I am going to find a way to move that up to a 3x include.

I also agree on Caduceus. I am never particularly happy with its performance, but forcing a Mimic install seems important and I dislike every other cheap sentry more. I am curious to see if Negotiator could partially replace it when The Valley comes out, but I still think I like Caduceus more.

Negotiator doesn’t even force a Killer. Best case scenario it taxes them 4 once (but probably only 2) and then it becomes a 2 tax for Mimic like Architect and Caduceus. Really think that card should have costed 2 to rez.

(I do like the concept though; ICE that can be broken without icebreakers is a space that needs to be explored, but in a better way than Negotiator)

I tried to summarize this discussion. Can you guys please help to improve this mess?

1 Like

Don’t forget bootcamp glacier, andysuckers (still good but I haven’t seen it played literally in months), parasite gabe (at least as good as andy supplier), that silly noise hivemind chakana deck, IT dept (hey, it did win one SC), max eater keyhole (it’s not regarded well on stimhack but there’s no denying it’s still popular), NEH grails+biotics (at least as good as elis+arches+biotics)…

1 Like

You know what would be cool to have on this website? A kind of cool like, metagame-following decklist page. Tempostorm MagicAmy (who turned out not to be who she said she was but thats besides the point), wrote a weekly column that was just tier lists for constructed archetypes for hearthstone. Maybe we should have a comprehensive page where we catalog different deck types. Maybe it could just be updated once a month or something, without any need for an article, but a lot of people come and ask stuff like “whats chakana noise” or “whats in supermodernism” and having something like that available would help.

We are in the process of automating tournament winning decklists, and obviously that serves a similar function, so maybe once that’s up again this will be superfluous, but idk. Also, I still don’t even really understand wtf Supermodernism was becauase as far as I could tell it never won a game.

14 Likes

It was a thing mid spin cycle. Won a couple of Plugged In / Chronos Protocol, a couple of Store Champ and it also made me sit on the first table for 6 of the 7th swiss rounds (then took me to the 5th place) during the french national. The deck was good at punishing mistakes against the field and still had a shot on the top table but was insanely hard to properly play against expert level opponents. Even if the deck isn’t top tier anymore (I’m honestly uncertain if it ever was but whatever), it’s still a good learning deck because it helps players to understand the value of rushing agendas and learning to figure out when there’s a scoring window and when it 's unsafe to score.

7 Likes

Weyland Rush with a delivery mechanism consisting of both flatline threat (snare, sea, scorch) and program trash (power shutdown, grim, archer). Econ consisting mostly of agendas (hostile, geothermal) meaning it picks up tempo by scoring, rather than losing it. The original version played Anon Tip over Jackson because “it gets cards faster” (and there was actually some merit to that).

Martin Presley as the original author said it best with “The deck really either takes off or falls flat based on the first 5-6 turns” (this was caused both by actually needing some agendas scored to work properly (hostile for archer, atlas for combos), and by needing to rush out enough points before the runner got set up). Interesting to play and a good learning experience.

3 Likes

Eater doesn’t turn off medium.
accumulate medium tokens with eater, then either kill ice or install breakers to use accumulated medium tokens.

You get 90% of the benefit by accessing on just the last run.

Supermodernism was never a tier 1 deck after Faerie came out. Doubly so after Clone Chip and SMC did. Weyland has had one glory day in this game where is was truly the best deck, and that was before Faerie, utilizing Corporate Troubleshooter. Weyland has been a dog to top players ever since though.

8 Likes

i think midseason argus or titan are better than the old supermodernism decks. high risk investment does so much more work than pri req or cleaners ever could do and traffic accident is a lot better than i thought it would be, of course we are in a meta where people have cut down to one plascrete so maybe its a different story if people pack 2-3.

high risk investment is too fun. every time ive scored it you just watch the runner squirm as they realize any money they do gain is being matched credit for credit and the corp will get it all in one click.