Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread

I’ve never really felt this way; most decks like this work best in Blue Sun, because they actually have a good way to get money. I kind of feel like Titan is only good at rush decks, which this certainly isn’t.

As a tip, you probably want some sort of Plascrete killing device in this deck, since an installed plascrete pretty much just ruins your day if the runner can actually get into servers. A Taurus is usually good, and I’m a fan of Shattered Remains, especially since you have a few decent advanceables anyhow.

I wrote up a big hooplah about a garbage deck I took to a store champs. It’s probably not going to the next store champs, but I still want to nurse it as a pet project.

Do you folks have any recommendations for how to scramble together when you just can’t squeeze yourself into siphon town?

here’s another dumb Museum deck. tier 3 that can still win because of astro. I just wanna endlessly recur KGTV, is that too much to ask?

KGTV & Chill

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (20)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (7)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (2)

10 influence spent (max 17-7☆=10)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

do you feel like playing gabe but hate being able to challenge remotes?

Gabe’s Grimoire

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Emergency Shutdown
3x Fisk Investment Seminar
2x Forged Activation Orders
1x High-Stakes Job
1x Quest Completed ••
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2x Grimoire ••••
2x HQ Interface
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (4)
3x Gang Sign
1x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (7)
1x Alias
2x Breach
1x Femme Fatale
1x Mongoose
2x Passport

Program (9)
3x Datasucker •••
2x Medium ••••• •
2x Pheromones
2x Sneakdoor Beta

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Hey all,

So after much deliberation, I have put together a deck, and was wondering if you could give me any tips in order to streamline it? The deck is as follows:

Identity card: Tenin Institute x 1

Agendas:
Private security force x 3
Philotic Entanglement x 1
Nisei MK II x 2
House of Knives x 3
Medical Breakthrough x 3

Assets:
Chairman Hiro x 2
Plan B x 2
Psychic Field x 2
Project Junebug x 2
Snare! x 2
Zaibatsu Loyalty x 1
Melange Mining Corp x 2

Operations:
Mushin No Shin x 2
Hedge Fund x 2

Upgrades:
Neotokyo Grid x 2

ICE:
Wall of Thorns x 3
Cell Portal x 2
Archer x 2
Komainu x 3
Hunter x 2
Matrix Analyser x 3
Ice wall x 3

I have gone for a deck based around causing damage problems for the runner, with some ambush cards (i thought they would combo well with the identity card as it seems to be able to place counters on cards like ‘snare!’)…but i also wanted a to use a few bits of ice that would combo well with my identity, thus ice wall to cause just a little bit more of a taxing problem on the runner and matrix analyser to keep the advancement process going. I sadly only have the core set and deluxe ‘honor and profit’ expansion to play with at the moment, but would welcome any input from the community to help me make it better? Although I only have cards from the two aforementioned sets, I would be open to people advising on cards from sets I dont have as well as from the ones I do!

thank you all in advance again!

First, welcome! Number one problem is a heavy lack of economy cards. Eighteen ICE is a healthy amount, but you have to have the money to rez them. Skewing your ICE a bit cheaper by dropping a couple more expensive ICE for Pups is entirely reasonable. Pup is far more annoying than it looks. Melange is good, but not reliable. Same for Neo Tokyo (also note that it says it works when a card “in” a server has an advancement placed on it, and that means that if you advance ICE it will not work, as that is not “in” but is considered “protecting” a server), which would almost certainly get you more money as a Celeb Gift or even Launch Campaign. I’d consider dropping your agenda density by losing the Private Security Force for 2 x The Future Perfect. It’s an amazing agenda that is hard to steal. Private Security Force is cool, but since you have no pro-active tagging options, it will almost never be usable unless the runner plans very poorly.

All in all it’s an interesting deck you can toy around with. If you’re playing casually you will have interesting traps to spring on people. I’m afraid it’s very weak to Siphons and Vamps though, so beware criminal or rich anarchs. It’s got some cool combos like House of Knives + Komainu. My main criticism would be that you’re trying too hard to go in all directions at once. The trap direction would be better out of the core set Jinteki ID, which can whittle down the runner’s deck more, and if you go all-in on that strategy, you can run very little ICE and need only to keep enough credits to threaten Snares and whatever other traps you’ve got. Tennin is pretty solid at a hybrid-ey glacier style which can occasionally kill by making the runner feel like he has to run every turn, but if you don’t have the money to rez ICE, that is not likely to happen. Tennin is also very good at some fast-advance shenanigans with Trick of Light, which lets you move those advancement counters you’ve stored on ICE wherever you want two at a time, and allows you to score out agendas very quickly.

Also, I’m sure a mod will move this either to the untested deck sticky or the new player help sticky, but don’t be discouraged by that.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I think I shall go in a more trap orientated direction! Perhaps change out the ice walls? Or are they just too good?

If you’re sticking with Tennin, might as well keep them in. Cheap and easy end the run that will work with your ID when you don’t have a better target.

How about if I went with the core set ID? (Sorry for all the questions! You are being loads of help!)

Andromaya

Just as DBS reduces agenda density in HQ, Maya increases it. So a Crim deck with HQI can use it to try and steal agendas. There’s a hostage/resource package to deal with any drawbacks of this plan: NACH to avoid the tag from Maya, The Source to stop fast advancers, Film Critic to keep both of those alive, Drive By to dodge advancable traps, Sneakdoor to make it easier to get into HQ (note that Maya gives 2 memory instead of 1). Then just your regular big rig stuff; this deck might need Easy Mark / Daily Casts to increase its credit rate.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Drive By
3x Hostage
3x Inside Job
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x HQ Interface
2x Maya ••••• •

Resource (10)
3x Fall Guy
1x Film Critic •
2x New Angeles City Hall
1x Professional Contacts ••
2x Same Old Thing
1x The Source ••

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder ••••
2x Faerie
2x Garrote
2x Peacock

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta

1 Like

this deck is way fun

Titan Mutate Rush

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future

Agenda (12)
2x Geothermal Fracking
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
1x Posted Bounty
3x Project Atlas

Asset (1)
1x Snare! ••

Operation (19)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
3x Heritage Committee ••••• •
2x Mutate ••••• •
1x Oversight AI
2x Power Shutdown
1x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth
1x SEA Source ••

Barrier (6)
1x Curtain Wall
2x Meru Mati
1x Spiderweb
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma
1x Inazuma ••
2x Quandary

Sentry (6)
3x Archer
1x Rototurret •
2x Swordsman ••

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Getting back into the game. Love me some Weyland, and don’t think I’ve ever seen this synergy.

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (8)
2x Posted Bounty (Core Set)
3x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
3x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Operation (19)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
2x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between) ••••
1x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
3x Casting Call (Old Hollywood) ••••• •

Barrier (6)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)
2x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
2x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (5)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
2x Errand Boy (The Source)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Combination is basically Casting Call + Agenda + Scorched Earth/Punitive Counterstrike. Casting Call (Agenda), Advance, Advance.

They either let you score out, or they take 2 tag and either a third tag or 2 meat damage.

This means they have to 2nd click run, take 2 meat, and 4 credits on top of what they need to make the run in order to be safe from the kill (barring Plascrete of course). If you have Enhanced Login Protocol active, they have to 1st click run. (barring a run event).

Agendas: Economy was prioritized because you want to be aggressive (or at least can be). 3 pointers for Punitive. Posted for Scorch.

ICE: Just a general spread that I thought seemed decent.

Other: Public Support because you don’t want to have to score three 3 point agendas.

You could also do this out of other IDs for some trade offs. Titan, probably move away from 3 pointers and Punitive, but gain Project Atlas. Garagin, +1 Credit cost for the run. Blue Sun/Building, just get some more economy.

False lead can force the runner to keep a tag as well as keeping the outcome of the argus trigger

Only if the runner doesn’t play around it; it’s not like they don’t know it’s there. It does make the runner play around it, though, so it gives you some measure of control. Gotta play a 3/1, though, and that’s always a little gross.

Well, the runner always has the choice to ignore your casting called agenda even if you don’t have false lead, you’re just making it an even more appealing choice.

I’m gonna work on a version where if the runner ignores the agenda they still lose, cause it’s something the runner doesn’t want to see stick around like posted bounty, project atlas or Hollywood renovation

We used to use Eater in Kit decks so if they had dangerous unrezzed ice you could break it at the time and be able to Paint it in the future. But that was bad for the same reason Eater-Cutlery was bad: it meant you couldn’t access on the same run they rezzed. Now that we have Faust you can do real runs while also getting the corp to rez ice so that you can paint it.

With no room for Clot an R&D lock seems in order; Replicator helps this get set up faster. Replicator also helps you find Personal Touches for your Yog. Between that and datasucker most runs should be very cheap; if you don’t have enough clicks to paint everything, sucker can let your mimic and inti join the fun too. Akamatsu ensures you’re not short on memory.

Paint While You Run

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman

Event (13)
3x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Modded
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (16)
3x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip ☆☆☆
3x R&D Interface
3x Replicator
3x The Personal Touch

Icebreaker (9)
3x Cyber-Cypher
1x Deus X
1x Faust ••
1x Inti
1x Mimic •
1x Sharpshooter
1x Yog.0 ☆ •

Program (7)
2x Datasucker ••
2x Paintbrush
3x Self-modifying Code

If they ignore the Casting Call, you scored a 3/5, (and you have Public Support for point 7) either of which can give you economy. I used to run Hollywood Renovation, but it’s fairly niche when you want it in this deck (if only they all had Oaktown’s text). I don’t think messing with the Punitive Counterstrike play and increasing agenda density is worth it, imo.

build i’m toying around with

Whizzblade

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (15)

Hardware (6)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (6)

14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

disclaimer: no this isn’t near as good as dumblefork

I sort of did the “fancy description” thing on NRDB but not really, it’s still just an explanation of card choices