Winning Decklists: Vancouver Terminal 7 Tournament - Feb 2014

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Vancouver Terminal 7 Tournament – Feb 2014 - StimHack

All new tournament winning decklists will now be hitting the forums for discussion. Think these decks are strong, bad, makes weird choices, defines a new archetype? Let us know what you think.

Vancouver Terminal 7 Tournament Mala Tempora tournament winning decklists.

NBN: tournament (41 cards)
NBN: The World Is Yours

Agenda (10)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
3 Breaking News
3 Project Beale
1 Restructured Datapool

Asset (5)
3 Jackson Howard
2 Melange Mining Corp

Operation (14)
2 Anonymous Tip
1 Closed Accounts
3 Hedge Fund
3 Midseason Replacements
2 Psychographics
3 Scorched Earth ••••• ••••• ••

Barrier (5)
1 Bastion
3 Paper Wall
1 Wall of Static

Code Gate (5)
2 Enigma
3 Pop-up Window

ICE (2)
2 Chimera

Scott’s Kate Deck (45 cards)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (17)
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Indexing
1 Infiltration
2 Scavenge
1 Stimhack •
3 Sure Gamble
2 Test Run
2 The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (7)
3 Clone Chip
2 Grimoire ••••
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (6)
3 Daily Casts
3 Professional Contacts

Icebreaker (5)
3 Atman
1 Deus X
1 Femme Fatale •

Program (10)
3 Datasucker •••
1 Net Shield
3 Parasite ••••• •
3 Self-modifying Code

The TWIY* deck there doesn’t impress me much, as it seems mostly reliant on surprise rather than actually being a good deck, but that Kate deck is pretty nice-- that’s basically what I think Atman decks should look like these days.

I kinda have to wonder whether this tournament was actually played with True Colors-- the TWIY* deck doesn’t have Sweeps Week and the Kate deck doesn’t have Sharpshooter.

1 Like

I usually run a deck like this out of Making News as one of a rotating cast of builds so my league-mates don’t know which I’ve chosen :). Maybe something similar here?

You are correct. Apparently only Mala Tempora was allowed. Changing to reflect that. Thanks for having me double check. :smiley:

Not a fan of the TWIY deck either. I think they’re much better without Scorch, just go full on Rush. I don’t think anyone is really running Scorch in Breaking News either, so it’s a shock to see it here. Kate is solid though.

How do people feel about the restructured datapool? It seems like you aren’t planning to score it, so its just to dilute the agenda number- but it seems to hurt consistency. Someone can always hit it first turn off R&D, and it feels hard to get over this. Plus, the deck is only 41 cards- if you want to dilute the agenda density, then add the extra 3 cards, and replace the datapool with some agenda’s that actually do something for you- maybe TGTBT to compliment the scorch? (I know they weren’t using that data pack, but for a revised version it seems a natural addition)

1 Like

TGBT would definitely be a great replacement. I think that Datapool is pretty bad, and so far TGBT has been very strong for me in my testing.

1 Like

If they don’t want tags, a scored restructured can be game ending, at least for making news it can be. The problem with it is that it’s a royal pain in the ass to score and it means you have to guard R&D a little more than normal until you find it.

I think any given 5/3 agenda is an agenda that you need to build around. They’re a bad idea unless you have a specific IAA (install-advance-advance) gameplan, or a tech play that gets you to five tokens or something.

You’ll lose a lot of games on crappy R&D variance with those 5/3s unless you know what you’re going to do to score it from almost any board state.

1 Like

Btw, the number 3 played a Andro deck with some changes compared to Worlds, though number 3 at worlds added MO too;)

Brody L (3rd)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (45 cards)

Event (22)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
3 Infiltration
3 Inside Job
1 Quality Time
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
3 Desperado
1 E3 Feedback Implants
3 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface

Resource (4)
1 Bank Job
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder
2 Crypsis
3 Ninja
1 ZU.13 Key Master

Program (2)
2 Magnum Opus

2 Likes

Andy deck looks strange. I like the non-Anarch breakers, but not sure I get the econ. How do you dig for Opus with only 1 QT and no tutor for it? Bank Job and E3 look out of place, too IMO. Opus is strong vs. NBN, I get that, but is this the best approach for Andy? Why not simply go Kate Siphon style, with 3x SMC and 3x Opus to guarantee you get one Turn 1-2, and keep your card draw all in-faction?

the main econ engine was account siphon, with same olds. relying on shutting down expensive ice on hq. I would get the magnum out later once they iced up hq too much for siphon to be viable econ. against most decks I would be able to float tags. last tournament there was a lot of hb and jinteki and I was undefeated with a similar runner deck.

the e3 was my feeble attempt at protecting my corroder (from shutdown), I realize that it doesn’t protect zu, but I figured that losing a corroder would just lose me the game against weyland or hb. also I knew there were going to be a couple hb iceberg decks (last tournament I played against one in top 4 match)

Does True color change anything for Andro?

I’m surprised that Andro does not seem to change a lot since C&C. Is Laywer up really the only change?

andy decks are affected by rsvp. possibly shock as well, those cards support using dynamic breakers and not relying on datasuckers from archives.
datasuckers are very powerful even with dynamic breakers though, I’m trying to figure out a way to run datasuckers, dynamic breakers and have enough mu and econ.
as for lawyer up, I haven’t tried it yet, I don’t think I’d put more than 2 in a deck.