What's up with Criminal?

I love you. Were I not wed…

1 Like

You would take him in a manly fashion?

1 Like

Yep. Because he’s pretty.

1 Like

Play Siphon Kit to get people into shape before the third pack of Mumbad drops and people start playing actual criminal.

1 Like

just the blue ones?

you were only safe from the professor!

I understand the concern, and I do get the point that there wasn’t world of choice. Nevertheless, spamming Opus is one of the more obvious means to abuse The Collective and I don’t think that would’ve made it past the playtesters if it were that broken.

Collective would not have broken the game. It would have been played less than Kit is. 55/5 is extreme. I consider Laramy more playable than Collective.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t broken, it’s just really boring. 55/5 means that the decks won’t really vary from each other very much, and most of the decks will be extremely similar. The ID isn’t very interesting and doesn’t open up any new playstyle or do anything mechanically new (other than Good Numbers). An ID that’s built to jam Opus a bunch might not be broken, but to me it feels very boring design.

6 Likes

I know it is part of the theme of the card, being triple 5’s (55/5), but I don’t think it would even be broken at 50/10 or even 50/15. It would be good, sure, but not broken.

1 Like

50/15!? With those numbers the collective would run DLR cheese a step beyond what we already have. 5 cards/turn as-is, 6 with Josh B.

1 Like

There is a hard counter to the DLR deck. Several, in fact: Freelancer, Foxfire, All Seeing I, and Snatch and Grab (in some cases). It will suck if people tech against it.

Also, Val does it so well because she can prevent an All Seeing I by spending her Bad Pub. The Collective doesn’t start with a Bad Pub, so good luck there!

Well, you’re more than welcome to disagree, I just consider The Collective to be a more interesting identity than a “blank” 45/15 criminal.

bruh you forgot that hellion alpha test.

Hellion is such a dead card that it killed the thread for a day. Good job.

13 Likes

Nothing ruins a good conversation like me weighing in on stuff.

6 Likes

Look, I’m not saying I’d rather have you stay out…

But I’m not NOT saying it either. :wink:

I actually seriously thought about Helion Alpha Test in an older MN deck that focused on runner disruption. The deck never really panned out, although I think the concept might be viable now that D&D is out. I wouldn’t run HAT now, though.

I want to give a shoutout to a pet card of mine that’s been pulling tons of weight in my (thus far undefeated!) Gabe deck: a singleton Tri-maf Contact.

My list is similar to @TheBigBoy’s, give or take a handful of cards. Depending on the matchup I can either make loads of money and throw that at my problems, or I can install all the Drug Dealers and not care about cash at all after I get set up. Tri-Maf makes this sing. After your dealers take their cut (or don’t, whatever) she makes it easy to get a burst of credits without bleeding them from later Dealer fees. The one time anyone has ever trashed her was because I transitioned to tag-me, and my dealers handed me enough cards to not care.

I only run one because she’s not an essential piece, and maybe she’s not as reliable as Ms. Jones, but I’ve been nothing but happy with her as backup econ.

1 Like

It was frustrating to keep on seeing that card in System Crash draft. I now own too many Hellion Alpha cards.

1 Like

The thing about tri-maf is you really have to count how many times you use her (and how many of those times did you really need to). I feel like an Armitage would be just as good, if not better a lot of the time. That said, Armitage is a totally respectable card for Gabe and would be a good sub for the Bank Jobs if people stop making as many juicy remotes.

A Drug Dealer + a Tri Maf is identical to a Sym Vis. Drug dealer becomes strong when a credit is worth much less to you than a click. It naturally does not work well with click-economy.

6 Likes

Oh, completely agreed. I was more commenting on the fact that I’ve actually got a deck that successfully uses Tri-maf and isn’t some connection shenanigans. I’m absolutely open to improvements on that slot. I could probably profit more from an Armitage in most cases; I’m definitely not clicking Tri-maf THAT often in 95% of matchups.