"Will there be anything else sir?" the Jeeves Thread

Same as with NEH. Wrap and/or Turning/IQ on HQ, rez one only when needed. Havent hit it yet, but I don’t see it killing the deck. You can click back quickly with Jeeves if need be. Plus you can easily ice the centrals and your Jeeves remote to deny the sec test.

What about Plop? The runner has a window to fire it after Jeeves triggers but before you’re able to use the click, so just leaving it on the table as a threat it kills the whole line of play.

It’s something to play around, try to bait it out or score with biotic/EffComm+SFSS. It is a threat, but lots of decks are threatened by PolOp. At worst you could make a scoring remote and play the 3/2 or asset game.

I think once Jeeves has triggered you have already gained the click, so the runner would have to PolOp the Jeeves before you meet the trigger. That would mean you’d never leave an agenda on the table against PolOp. Jeeves isn’t like Akshara or Beckman where you have 1 extra click to spend that you lose if the card leaves play. Jeeves just says you gain a click like Biotic Labor.

Is there any merit to Jeeves in RP? Hypothetically, if you drop the 3 Eli from a typical list, you can afford 2 Jeeves, and now you can score an unadvanced Nisei.

Alternately, you can fit in a 6th HB card to make Jeeves worth 0 Inf.

Doesn’t work that way, I don’t think. The “first” is still the “first,” even if Jeeves isn’t there to see it.

Well that would really be silly if an installed Jeeves needs to be rezzed to “see” all three clicks spent a certain way, but a second Jeeves would remember that 3 clicks have already been spent on one action.

2 Likes

From the Salsette Island UFAQ on ANCUR:

Q: Does Jeeves Model Bioroids need to be rezzed for all 3 clicks in its trigger condition, or just the last one?
A: All three of the clicks must be spent while Jeeves Model Bioroids is active in order for its ability to trigger. Rezzing Jeeves Model Bioroids just before spending the third click is not enough for its ability to trigger.

Not really – it’s the same as Symmetrical Visage, Security Test, etc.

First has always meant the first time it happens in a turn regardless of if the card was there. It does seem silly.

Example

Run, hit 1 net damage from swordsman, install net shield, run again, you can’t net shield that damage.

I just really don’t like the inconsistency in the ruling that Jeeves has to be “active” in order to know the first 3 clicks were spent a certain way.

I agree, but that is the proclamation that Damon saw fit.

So I’ve been reading through this thread and noticing that everyone’s going the full HB FA route. How do people feel about sticking it in a more typical Foodcoats list?

I recently switched to a more operation-based economy in my Foodcoats deck, and I’m liking it so far. I had 2x Advanced Assembly Lines in there that I just cut to fit in 2x Jeeves. I already have consistent ways to score, and this just gives me additional options of how to get there. I also think having Caprice and possibly a Crisium Grid could help round out your deck more.

Here’s what I’m going to test next:

Foodcoats 2.0
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (8)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Jeeves Model Bioroids

Upgrade (5)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
1x Caprice Nisei ••••
1x Crisium Grid •
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (10)
2x Archived Memories
2x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund
3x Restructure

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 ☆☆☆
2x Wall of Static

Code Gate (5)
1x IQ
3x Turing
1x Viktor 1.0

Sentry (7)
2x Architect ☆☆
2x Ichi 1.0
3x Vikram 1.0

10 influence spent (max 15-5☆=10)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

If the butler ain’t rezzed to actually do his job, you shouldn’t get his benefit.

4 Likes

I dunno – it makes sense to me. Jeeves isn’t triggered by the third click specifically (“when you spend the third click in a row” or something), but he’s written as if he’s ‘watching’ for all 3.

Another thought: If you’re going to run very few assets and tons of operations, and you want to tax the runner while slowing down R&D lock, how about Hudson 1.0? 3 to rez, 5 str Code Gate. Either taxes 2 D4v1d counters, 4 cards from Faust, or a bunch of credits from most decoders. Also viable on a remote server with other defensive upgrades, if you have a remote server score plan.

2 Likes

The way he has been ruled and written is obnoxious. The following scenario is the best example of why it’s a poor ruling that he has to be rezzed:

Assume you already have an extra click (director haas, mandatory upgrades, biotic, etc.)

Click 1: install Jeeves, then rez Jeeves
Click 2: install a card
Click 3: install a card (this is the first time this turn you’ve spent 3 clicks on the same action but you don’t get a click from Jeeves from Damon ruling)
Click 4: install a card (this is NOT the first time this turn you’ve spent 3 clicks on the same action this turn)

Do you get a Jeeves click after click 4? I think the consensus is you do not gain a click in this scenario based on the combination of the ruling from Damon and the way Jeeves is written.

Maybe if they added a “while Jeeves is rezzed” clause in the card text then it would be fine, but as it stands, it’s just a bad ruling.

2 Likes

the Butler has to be there to adjust to your routine.

someone on NRDB brought up that we could potentially use foundry, would that ability make up for lost ETF credits?

I don’t think Jeeves offers you the econ advantage that Breaker Bay Grid and Adonis/Eve offer you. The assset economy seems much better. The bonus click is rarely worth it for the econ advantage, and only seems to earn its spot when its scoring you agendas.