Windfall: The 54 Credit Combo

While at work today I sat ruminating about how one would ever use Windfall effectively. The obvious target being Monolith I tried to work out the best way to set that up. It turns out with 7 deck slots, 3 influence and an empty deck Shapers can have the following turn:

Click 1: Use Trope with 3 Counters shuffling three Monolith back into the deck.
Click 2, 3, 4: Windfall for 54 Credits
Click 5 Bonus if you Slot Comet: Vamp / Run / Levy

Now 54 credits is more than most decks make in a standard game so rushing down the deck size seems to be a valid option. The tricky part is having to drop Trope perfectly 3 turns before your deck is empty.

I’m not sure the best fit for this combo but this seemed to fit pretty well into the CT Oracle May big rig shell, which already has a good amount of money. In order to utilize the dead draws from Monolith and maintain early pressure while the deck sets up, I added Faust which seemed awesome in the test games I played so far. I added Drug Dealer to burn the deck quickly and to utilize cash overflow after Levy, which may be a bad call with Vamp also in the deck.

Windfall MOAR LIKE WINALL

Chaos Theory: WĂĽnderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (26)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Indexing (Future Proof)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ]••••
3x Power Nap (Double Time)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount) [color=#FF4500]••
3x Windfall (Data and Destiny)

Hardware (5)
2x Comet (Breaker Bay)
3x Monolith (Creation and Control)

Resource (4)
3x Drug Dealer (Old Hollywood) [color=#4169E1]•••
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Battering Ram (Core Set)
1x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]•
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Program (1)
1x Trope (Old Hollywood) [color=#FF4500]•••
15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

So deck building geniuses of Stimhack: Is this worth the set up and deck slots?

What other avenues can we explore with this late game cash injection?

Will Monolith/Windfall go undefeated at Worlds ushering in a corp metagame involving 3x Blacklist 2x Chronos project?!?

At the very least you have to give me some credit for making 3x Monolith look appealing :wink:

P.S. Alternate Comborific Deck:
Turn 1:
Bagbiter Click 1
Use Trope Click 2
Windfall Click 3-5 (Comet)

Turn 2:
Levy
Gameday now reads “Your Stack is now your Grip”

8 Likes

So… does this actually work? Credit if it does. Did you consider game day?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, you are Windfalling a deck comprised entirely of Monolith so that it only hits that target.

It does require some setup: 0 Cards in Stack, 3 Counters on Trope, 3 Windfall in Hand and 3 Monolith in the heap.

I thought about Gameday but thought QT might be better because you are holding Windfall for the end game.

You forgot to include the sweet sweet Angel Arena tech: Windfall Whizzard · NetrunnerDB courtesy of @Lttlefoot

2 Likes

I more meant have you tried it and is it any good? As a side point here’s my untested idea for a blind Eureka / Windfall deck. Could use fewer events from solo testing, possibly losing either Eurekas or Test Run Scavenge to run some Shards.

Lets get lucky! / Skillfall

Chaos Theory: WĂĽnderkind

Event (12)
3x Eureka!
3x Scavenge
3x Test Run
3x Windfall

Hardware (5)
2x R&D Interface
3x The Toolbox

Resource (4)
3x Professional Contacts
1x Rachel Beckman •

Icebreaker (16)
1x Alpha
3x Battering Ram
3x Femme Fatale •••
1x Garrote •••
2x Morning Star ••••• •••
3x Omega
3x Torch

Program (3)
3x Magnum Opus

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)

Duggar’s – awesome!

What is Angel Arena for? Windfall shuffles when you use it so I guess to set them as the last three cards?

That might be awesome with Motivation, you could just spend 3 credits on Arena.

Edit: Ah, in that deck it makes Trope less finicky too. That’s like an amalgamation of some of the “worst” cards in Netrunner working together to make an awesome money machine :wink: