Winning Decklists: Milwaukee, WI - Store Championship 2014

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Milwaukee, WI – Store Championship 2014 - StimHack

Discuss the latest tournament winning decklists here.

Gabriel Knight – Shadow Hunter

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
1x Indexing (Future Proof) •••
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (6)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (11)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora) ••••• •
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •

Program (3)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Mala Tempora

Push it to the Limit

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
2x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (3)
3x Bastion (Creation and Control)

Code Gate (7)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)
1x Viper (Cyber Exodus) •

Sentry (6)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••••• •
2x Dracō (What Lies Ahead)
1x Muckraker (Second Thoughts)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

So Gabe Knight is a viable deck choice. Funnily enough without any draw options like Quality Time.

Gabe is a viable deck choice, swapping a couple of other breakers for knights doesn’t change the deck that much.
Running only one indexing for RnD attack seems scary for any long-term gameplan.

It’s also the lack of card draw! And no recursion for those Knights once they get trashed :). Spags must’ve crushed faces quickly, but I know he’s got quick round skills :).

It has Same Old Thing, so you can recur Indexing if you draw it, and you absolutely can not swap out the Knights and have it work the same. Yes, “naked Gabe” is a perfectly viable way to play in many/most games but Knight is what makes this deck very difficult to stop. It means that with a single unrezzed piece of ICE on HQ I can guarantee an Account Siphon or Emergency Shutdown simply by having 4-6 credits.

You should really play it, or against it, if your theorycrafting suggests it is weak/suboptimal.

I don’t consider the deck or Knight as a breaker weak, I just don’t think Knight alters the Gabe “good-stuff” deck that much (in general Gabe tends to have some flexibility in how you build the rig).
And while you can use SOT for indexing it’s kind of a waste since you will only have one click for taking the indexed cards unless you are signaling it and keeping it in play (as well as actually draw Indexing in the first place which in this deck is somewhat of a hurdle).

I would much prefer RnD Interface in it’s place and would seriously consider cutting one additional influence from somewhere to have a second one. As is the deck is only focused on having a very strong earlygame and trying to keep the gamestate at earlygame for as long as possible, I prefer playing with a Plan B but I guess that’s mostly personal preference. My guess is that this is also the explanation for the lack of Kati Jones.