Worlds 2016 - Legend of the Threepeat

I think @anon50033301 is from Chicago. He may know someone who can help if you give him the $1 scoops on the continental players.

1 Like

Does anyone know for sure which datapacks will be legal for worlds, yet?

Second question: I’m going to be on vacation in san francisco the week before (22.10.-28.10.)
Any players there, who are willing to do a few games with the german - and probably a few drinks afterwards :wink:
PM me if you’re interested and/or know someone from SF

I think only the next data pack, Escalation, will be legal for Worlds.

And here’s the calendar for SF bay area Netrunner meetups: http://sansanfrancisco.net/event-calendar/

2 Likes

I’m in the SF/Bay Area. I see @StephenE already linked you the SanSan Francisco calendar; there are pretty well-attended causal nights in SF on Thursdays and Berkeley (accessible via subway from SF) on Mondays and Wednesdays. A bunch of us will be preparing for worlds that week I’m sure, so there might be additional games available even though there are no GNKs that week.

1 Like

Also the speculation is that Escalation will be legal for worlds but not the last pack of the cycle, since it’s getting too close to the date. I don’t think FFG’s said anything official, however.

1 Like

As I said - I’m goign to be at SF from 22. to 28. - I hope to just meet a few new people then and play some relaxed games with you
I also hope to get some of you to meet the local nightlife with me - I need qualified (=local) guides :wink:

by the way - nice webpage :smiley:

I will be driving from Indianapolis to Minneapolis on Tuesday 11/1. I wasn’t going to go through Chicago, but I can if international players (or anyone really) needs a lift.

I also have a queen free if anyone needs a place to crash on the cheap.

I’m not a serial killer. I promise.

I got an excellent price on a flight to MSP so I’m just looking for a room/bed now, but still waiting to hear back from a friend.

The latest Tournament Regulations (1.1) says:

For Relaxed and Formal events, all product is legal in North America upon the product’s official release. For Premier events, all product is legal in North America 11 days—typically the second Monday—after the product’s official release. Official dates will be updated on the Product Legality page on our website (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality).
(p. 6, emphasis mine)

Escalation will be officially released this Thursday (10/6). The fastest we’ve seen the a data pack released is 3 weeks. So if Intervention gets released the soonest we’ve ever seen on 10/27, that’s only 7 days before Worlds. This is assuming that FFG doesn’t break it’s own rules (cough cough swiss round structure at GenCon and Worlds last year).

1 Like

They officially announced in a FAQ that the last AGOT pack to be legal will be the one that comes out on 10/6, so it’s pretty safe to say that the same is true for Thrones.

1 Like

Updated top post with pack legality answer. It does look like, at this point, Intervention will NOT be legal unless FFG breaks its own rules.

I will update the thread with the new FAQ/Tourney Guidelines when I get off work. Unfortunately they block the FFG website. :frowning:

2 Likes

Updated with a Google Calendar at the top of the thread. Peeps can message me if they need things added. Still working on getting the new FAQ/Guidlines added. I have been busy, and lazy about this stuff.

New FAQ/Guidelines added, new Non-FFG Side Events posted, and the Calendar has been updated. Also reorganized the thread to push the important stuff near the top and the historical stuff near the bottom.

1 Like

Just a heads up, especially for international travelers:

Sunday, Nov 6th, is the end of Daylight Savings Time here in America. That means that at ~2AM on Sunday, all of our clocks will be set back 1 hour. [In practice, those of us with watches or separate clocks simply set them back the night before, and our phones auto update.] It’s an extra hour to enjoy the festivities!

Not an issue if you’re leaving before then, but I suspect lots of people will have flights on that Sunday, and everyone should be aware of the time change!

5 Likes

Bump. Need to be able to find easy for rules access and whatnot. Surprised this hasn’t gotten pinned.

Great work by the UK team and congrats to the first not-Dan champion of recent times Chris Dyer. Excellent work from Ben Ni too, to make it a full on all-Brit final. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

some faction stats folks (may be grim reading)

10 Likes

That’s… Depressing. NBN and Anarch as far as the eye can see. Also, Crims horribly under represented despite having a stupid good Glacier matchup and serviceable (but not super awesome) matchup vs NBN. Andy was stronk in MN testing.

Who is that single “Other” runner in Top64? Adam?

Something that sticks out to me is that the concentration of NBN and Anarch increases (or stays the same) approaching the top cut, while the concentration of all other factions drops off; this is without exception. I know you can’t make an argument of one faction clearly being the strongest, because maybe it’s just the case that the best players are all playing that faction, but… I don’t know, it’s just pretty easy to feel like NBN is completely overpowered.

During the stream, every game was Anarch vs. NBN, and I noticed that almost always, when runners decided to go tag-me, they lost. There were a couple exceptions to this–MaxX DLR, and one Whizz beating SYNC the same turn he decided to go tag-me–but it was a pretty noticeable trend. I was wondering if there’s any data on match-ups, like what what percent of games were won by runners in double-elimination?

5 Likes