Aggressive Negotiation: Fighting Games

El Blaze is pretty fun, as well. He’s got a strong mixup game with rocket discharge and he’s got throws that you can use to ring people out. Not great reach, though, and he takes a ton of damage when launched.

Well looks like I can look forward to owning some animal fighting game in the future.

1 Like

Yeah, seems neat! I’m sort of hoping it doesn’t get real brony, though. It’d be cool if the in game community was something my daughter would be comfortable playing in.

1 Like

Relevant for people looking to improve at Street Fighter, or otherwise just enjoy this sort of thing -

This is a Youtube video of a high-level match, from what I’m told. It includes a translucent grey circle which is following one of players’ (presumably whomever’s playing Elena) eyes, to see what they focus on as they play. You can see it in the preview on Ken’s hand/knee.

Since it’s Street Fighter, which places some emphasis on spacing, distance, and the range of attacks, most of the “eye time” is spent in the space in between the two fighters, which makes sense to me. I thought you all might find it interesting.

As an aside, I’ve never seen Elena before, and she looks like she has a cool style. :smile:

Looks like most of her moveset carried over from SF3, although I still think the sprite version looked better. I wish I still had the reflexes for Capcom fighters.

I’ve been thinking about grabbing DOA5 or MK for my Vita because, while totally gorgeous, BlazBlue looks way too fast for me. Although I must admit the presence of Frank West makes a compelling case for UMVC3.

The presence of Phoenix Wright provides that same for me, except that I’m explicitly saving money right now, so luxury purchases are right out.

I have an unused UMVC3 360 copy I should look to parting with.

Hey yall-

This may have been asked upthread, and if so, I apologize…
My brother recently picked up a couple of really nice-quality arcade-style controllers, with the intent of creating arcade-cabinet quality gaming experience in the living room. As long-ish-time Yomi players (seriously, play it if you like fighting games) and big fans (though never participants) in the fighting game scene, our thoughts are obviously turning to fighting games on the big tv!

the trouble is, both of our homes are a console-free zone, which is a lifestyle choice that is not up for discussion. What fighting games would you suggest for PC (or emulation on PC)? As adults with real lives and little time for “practice,” we’re obviously looking for something pretty accessible, but as the same time want something with decent depth or meta-game strategizing. I figure that I should trust netrunner players’ opinions on games above all others, so I thought I’d stop in here and ask for thoughts!

SF5 is coming out on PC, isn’t it? I’ve heard mostly good things about the PC version of SF4.

Any halfway decent rig should be able to run all the classics through MAME. 3rd Strike is still the champ, but don’t sleep on Samurai Shodown 2 or Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves.

A good number of them are on PC, and as far as local play is concerned should all function well. I know some had spottier online play compared to their console versions. But you got MK, SF, BB and GG, and the indies Yatagarasu, Skullgirls,

On Steam there are plenty of Fighting games,more big titles are coming up on PC,like DOA,MK,SF,KOF,BB,GG,and Tekken 7 will be on PC in the next year I heard.Indies like Skullgirls,also Doujin games like Melty Blood are also easy choices.
Also BTW,I own PS4 and only play fighting game (although not good at them),mainly play BBCPEX,but also have GGXrd,DOA5LR,MKX. is here anybody play BBCPEX?

We’ll, it’s a good thing that you have the most relaxed non requirement needed to play fighting games. That is, having a PC. If you guys want to play something accessible, yet still full of options and characters, try street fighter x tekken, added bonus for PC: pirate all the expensive ass costumes for a great time! I would recommend capcom vs snk 2 if you’re interested in a classier cross over, download it for the dreamcast or gamecube emulator. The last blade 2 and Jojo’s bizarre adventure are two commonly overlooked masterpieces, and would both make excellent alternative games to muck around with. And my personal recommendation would be to play KOF 2002 or Garou Mark of the Wolves, the real champ COUGH COUGH @mondoperegrino

Download Fightcade, do that. Just do that

I know it’s good but I could never really get into any SNK fighters that weren’t Samurai Shodown. They just feel off to me. I will also totally still play either of the Last Blade games for the graphics alone, even if I suck at them.

1 Like

I’m like you but even Samurai Showdown is a little too stiff for me… SNK is really strange. Their characters controls have almost no start up and almost no recover…

KOF 13 is also a lot of fun and a great entry point into the series. The PC port is…not terrible I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d second just getting something like Fightcade or GGPO and playing some of the classics - Alpha 2 is still a great and fun game; it’s basically Street Fighter 2 but less dry. :wink: And yes, the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure game is actually pretty good too! (all about that Polnareff)

Chaca and black pol are my dudes. We should get something going on here with fightcade I think. Not enough people play the lesser known fighters, let’s have a fightcade fight day.

I think samurai shodown is not terribly representative of most SNK fighters, it’s a very deliberately paced game, far different from street fighter. It’s much more about taking advantage of openings the opponent gives you, and positioning more than combos and the traditional emphasis on special moves and mix ups. I think it’s a shame samurai shodown isn’t represented at EVO in fact, it’s a really unique fighting game that doesn’t get enough credit. The Last Blade though, that is one of the most perfect 2d fighters I have ever played in my life, and it is woefully under known

Someday I want to crash EVO and run an illicit Primal Rage tournament out of the bathroom.

2 Likes

How about a blood storm tournament, and ten internets if you remember the previous game.

Or for a more serious fighter, daraku tenshi.

Anyone play waku waku 7, or rage of the dragons?

So let’s all play fightcade

Everyone should play Jojo’s bizarre adventure, it’s easy to play and learn, it is made out of awesome

Young Joseph for life. CAEEEEESAAAAAAR