Alice in Cyberland

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Alice so far? I don’t think she’s a tier 1 ID, but she is pretty fun. Maw (her story console) actually seems terrible with her from testing, as she needs memory to install datasuckers and parasites to make her archives runs more valuable and less expensive. She never has money to install Maw because it’s hard to find your Temujins in a 50 card deck, so I kept having to trash my own programs.

Both Grimoire and Vigil seem like good choices for consoles, I haven’t quite decided which is better yet. This is the list I’m on:

Alice

Alice Merchant: Clan Agitator (Blood and Water)

Event (20)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Hacktivist Meeting (Breaker Bay)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Immolation Script (Chrome City)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
1x Mad Dash (Daedalus Complex)
1x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
1x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
1x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]
2x Vigil (Order and Chaos)

Resource (13)
1x Bhagat (Fear the Masses)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money) [color=#4169E1]★★★●●●●● ●[/color]

Icebreaker (6)
1x Black Orchestra i[/i]
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x MKUltra (Martial Law)
2x Paperclip (Blood Money)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]★[/color]

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]★★★[/color]
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Blood and Water

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I did that, it’s fun and somehow working (if you manage to get Duggar’s in the mulligan):

Plan is to use Duggar’s to quickly install or trash Conspiracy, compensating Alice’s 50 in that process, then proceed to parasite everything & spam archives like a good tramp you are.

Janktastic fun. In term of efficiency… Well : janktastic fun.
Duggar’s Icemelt Conspiracy (aka “global warming is fake”) is real, the main problem is Alice’s 50 in fact (had better results with Omar, but there is no Sifr - should try Noise).

3 Duggar’s
3 MKUltra
3 Sure Gamble
3 Inject
1 Medium
2 Liberated Account
3 Datasucker
3 Parasite
3 Black Orchestra
2 Archives Interface
1 Şifr
2 Same Old Thing
3 Paperclip
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Lucky Find
3 I’ve Had Worse
3 Déjà Vu
1 Levy AR Lab Access
1 Bhagat
1 Imp
3 Daily Casts

Alice “Value Neural” Merchant

Vigil’s kind of a non-bo with her ability, no? If the plan is parasites and suckers, it’s gotta be Grimoire.

2 Likes

I thought non-bo at first, but it actually works well. With Alice, the corp can only keep 4 important cards in hand. If they’re trying to dodge Vigil as well, they can only keep 3 important cards. Most likely, they’re just going to give you the Vigil draw.

1 Like

I haven’t tried Alice at all, would frantic coding be any good for her at all? Also another dumb question, does sneak door work with her ID?

Sneakdoor works the same as Temujin, in that it doesn’t fire. Sneakdoor replaces the successful run on archives with one on HQ, so it does not count for both.

2 Likes

Alice’s 50 card deck just makes you more likely to whiff on MOpus without providing any synergy, IMO.

1 Like

IMO Alice is a tempo ID, and should try to capitalize on the fact that the Corp has to ICE Archives ASAP. I’ll be experimenting once I get my hands on the pack. RegAss seems the way to go

1 Like

In that way I have the impression she is similar to Omar - corp has to ice up Archives. Where Omar gets an HQ access (that is it least how I use him most of the time), Alice trashes a card from HQ, which I feel is better.

edit: I got it now. She’s got 50 cards because I think there is a masochistic Clan-self-dmg deck beneath it. Thinking of Persephone, Clan Vengeance and so on.
Working on a deck list.

1 Like

I dunno, Persephone would have been an amazing decoder to jank with, but as a killer I don’t think it’s viable in any experiments. There are so few played sentries that aren’t going to trash Persephone. It would have been a cool Anarch Decoder option, especially against DNA Tracker (I lose, you lose), but at 5c 2MU and the possibility of being trashed by killers, the prospects for Persephone currently are slim. It’s good against tagging sentries and that’s about it. Cortex Lock and Komainu as well, but less so.

After playing some more and always having issues with money and draw in Alice, I’ve added some earthrises, career fairs, and making an entrances. It’s running smoother now.

A clan vengeance deck that keeps self damaging to make sure the corp never ever has cards in hand seems cool, but I’m not sure if there’s enough good self damage cards?

I’ve played against a few on jinteki and they’ve always seemed a bit pointless. They expend a lot of effort on building up counters to trash things in hand that aren’t agendas, because those are being scored behind a Lotus Field while the runner spends all their time and effort building CV counters.

I have a fun Stim Dealer/Clan deck that’s done pretty well in casual Jnet. I’ve won many games with 7-9 brain dmg. That said, I think Alice is poorly positioned for combo style decks due to her 50 size and her desire to leverage her ability early and often.

i think what you have to do is make sure you have a decent amount of link so trace subs aren’t a problem, some damage prevention (or damage punishment like Clan Vengeance), maaaaaybe some recursion, and (perhaps most importantly) an actual killer that isn’t a steaming pile of hot garbage

1 Like

Alice is a Cyborg, another hint to using Cybernetics. So I’d go with a rough shell like this. Still a draft is:

SadoMaso Master Alice

Alice Merchant: Clan Agitator

Event (16)
3x Career Fair ●●●
3x Day Job
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Forked
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
1x Brain Cage
2x Maw
1x Net-Ready Eyes ●●
1x Skulljack
1x Titanium Ribs ●●

Resource (18)
2x Bhagat
3x Clan Vengeance
3x Earthrise Hotel
3x Liberated Account
2x Officer Frank
3x Sacrificial Construct ●●●
2x Synthetic Blood ●●●●

Icebreaker (7)
2x Black Orchestra
1x Femme Fatale ●
2x Paperclip
2x Persephone

Program (3)
3x Trope

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Program trashing sentries are a problem, so I added forked to deal with them or a Femme, serving also as backup. Same wth SacCon. Triple trope seems to be a must-have and some events to capitalize on that. Cybernetics one-ofs should be ok, you can trope them back. Conspiracy breakers come back after getting trashed.

edit: Gingerbread might work?

RE: Gingerbread, it’s not that great tbh because of the 2 per boost. it’s often just better paying the trace anyway (especially if you include some link)

just one Archivist or Maxwell James would save a lot tbh

True. Going a different way now by trying Always Be Running and E3. Crazy times.