Andromeda operation PC deck (Opening moves)

Hi guys, I’ve been testing an Andromeda decks based on Professional Contacts and operation economy, avoiding Kati. PC is insane, so I want it to fit in Andro. With a 9 card starting hand, 2 Hostage and 2 PC, I draw consistently into PC.

It might sound surreal, but so far I’ve had a bit of succes. I won about five games and lost one, due to a bad draw.

I’m looking for more tips on my deck. I tried some other cards:

• Atman breaker suit: found it to rely to much on Datasucker and early pressure. With PC in this deck your start is slower and you get all breakers out
  • Gorman Drip: was oke. Some games it was surreal (6-9€), others it did nothing. Due to 1 MU I decided to cut it.
  • Levy AR Lab Access is also very nice, got me back into a couple of games very fast.

I’m looking for advise on my breaker suit, getting more consistency, more connections(??) and other tips to make this deck even better… Without Kati Jones;)

I realise that my PC deck might not be the best setup, but it suits my playstyle very well. So, I hope you guys can help me.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (45 cards)

Event (23)
2 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Easy Mark
2 Emergency Shutdown
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Hostage
3 Infiltration
2 Inside Job
1 Levy AR Lab Access [color=#6da045]•••[/color]
1 Special Order
2 Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2 Desperado
1 E3 Feedback Implants
1 HQ Interface
1 Plascrete Carapace
1 R&D Interface [color=#6da045]••[/color]

Resource (7)
1 Bank Job
2 Compromised Employee
2 Daily Casts
2 Professional Contacts [color=#6da045]••••[/color]

Icebreaker (7)
1 Corroder [color=#cf3713]••[/color]
2 Crypsis
2 Ninja
2 Yog.0 [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

Program (2)
2 Datasucker [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/A42wigN3fwYce9jRZ]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

1 Like

I have been toying around with something similar. Is there a reason for running 2/2 hostage/prof contacts rather than 3/1?

Do you have a specific reason for not wanting Kati Jones in your deck?

Thanks for responding. I tested 3/1 hostage/PC with the Atman setup, haven’t taken the time to test it with another setup. I always need more time get get familiar with a deck. I will try 3/1. Any suggestions for the 2 extra influence?

I don’t think Kati is needed and I want to try something else. PC fuels the economy and with Sure Gamble, Dirty Laundry etc. I got enough to support my economy.

I also like the 3/1 over 2/2 setup for PC.

Granted, then you would really want to fit in one Kati Jones or Mr.Li at least.

I think you could grab another Corroder with the two influence, or alternatively add another R&D Interface and gain a lot of value.

1 Like

I know we’re talking about the econ with this deck, but a few things bother me here:

3x Easy Mark, but only 2x Sure Gamble.
1x Corroder but only 1x Special Order… Corroder’s the one icebreaker you’re probably going to want the most
3x Infiltration seems like overkill, since I’m pretty sure having another Sure Gamble or Special Order (or two) would be good

My guess is your weakest cards here are Infiltration, Easy Mark, Compromised Employee and maybe FAO and Levy (not sure how Levy works in this deck). However, this deck definitely wants more Special Orders and more econ (Daily Casts, Sure Gambles)

Valid points! I chose Easy Mark over Sure Gamble because they are easier to play, but the net result is worse. With PC you get to negate that a bit. I usually run once or twice, then draw once or twice or play a card.

Infiltration was a metacard, because I played a lot of Jinteki. I agree that three is too much.

Econ has not been a problem for me in my games.

After all your feedback, I made 2 versions of the deck:
Andy2 (45 cards)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (25)
2 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Easy Mark
2 Emergency Shutdown
3 Hostage
2 Infiltration
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2 Desperado
1 E3 Feedback Implants
1 HQ Interface
1 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface [color=#6da045]••••[/color]

Resource (6)
3 Daily Casts
1 Kati Jones
1 Mr. Li
1 Professional Contacts [color=#6da045]••[/color]

Icebreaker (4)
1 Corroder [color=#cf3713]••[/color]
1 Crypsis
1 Ninja
1 Yog.0 [color=#cf3713]•[/color]

Program (3)
3 Datasucker [color=#cf3713]•••[/color]

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/A42wigN3fwYce9jRZ]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

Andy2 (45 cards)

Event (23)
2 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Easy Mark
2 Emergency Shutdown
3 Hostage
2 Infiltration
2 Inside Job
1 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2 Desperado
1 E3 Feedback Implants
1 HQ Interface
1 Plascrete Carapace
1 R&D Interface [color=#6da045]••[/color]

Resource (6)
3 Daily Casts
1 Kati Jones
1 Mr. Li
1 Professional Contacts [color=#6da045]••[/color]

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder [color=#cf3713]••••[/color]
2 Crypsis
2 Ninja
2 Yog.0 [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

Program (2)
2 Datasucker [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

1 Like

I’m not seeing that value of Levy AR Lab Access. As I see it, the best uses for it are decks that draw a tonne or pack loads of tutors (so that you can reasonably expect to re-use a lot of what ends up being shuffled back into the stash).
How often do you find you use it? But not just use it, actually recur something you need back into play?

I’m also not a fan of Mr. Li. I reviewed him as a poor card on here when future proof came out (with a mathematical argument as to why he’s not very good) and, although there are some reasonable counter arguments and the field has changed since then, I don’t think he’s improved much. To be fair, you are playing the kind of deck that is optimised for using him (event heavy, Andromeda) but I don’t see the value in playing him and Pro Contacts so I’d choose one or the other.

I don’t play a lot of criminal so I don’t have a good intuition for how many breakers you should be running. You probably only want 1 x Crypsis, whichever version you play. I’d probably play 1 x Femme and 1 x Ninja. Femme is a get out of jail free against a nasty ICE you otherwise have no good answer too, it’s also cheaper than Ninja vs. small Sentries. The cost difference is 5, so you only need to beat 2-3 sentries within Femme’s range for her to earn her cost back over Ninja. Ninja doesn’t become more economical until you’re talking about ICE of Str 4 or greater (and even then it’s only $1 cheaper for S4, $3 for S5, but only $2 again at S6). There aren’t many playable sentries in Ninja’s range in the current meta. Bioroids have a built in get around (and you have e3 Implants already) - what else is there? Grim maybe? Flare perhaps, Hunter in tag decks.
Then again, I’m coming from a Shaper toolkit mindset, and before that I was playing Noise-shop with solo Crypsis and Parasite/Sucker/Carver. Maybe the experienced criminal players would disagree?

Seems a bit better, though 1x every breaker is really risky – if you’re going 1x of each specific breaker type, running 3x Crypsis is advisable, because if you lose a Corroder and can’t find your Crypsis you’re in big trouble. Crypsis can also open the door to early Siphons.

The Levy helps a lot. I use it in most of my games. I usually get to 2-3 cards left in my deck and then I reset and start over;). I get my Account Siphons back, my econ cards.

I see your point (@Arkhon) about Mr. Li, on second thoughts it does seem overdone. Thanks for your breaker suggestions!

@szymkodf: I think the second setup is indeed better, first might be too risky.

Event (23)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Easy Mark
2 Emergency Shutdown
3 Hostage
2 Infiltration
2 Inside Job
1 Levy AR Lab Access2 •••
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2 Desperado
1 E3 Feedback Implants
1 HQ Interface
1 Plascrete Carapace
1 R&D Interface ••

Resource (6)
3 Daily Casts
1 Kati Jones
1 Professional Contacts ••

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder ••••
1 Crypsis
1 Ninja
1 Femme Fatal
2 Yog.0 ••

Program (2)
2 Datasucker ••

Woah, uh I think you might be doing it wrong then…
Your deck isn’t packing a tonne of draw, so if you’re getting that far through the deck you’ve drawn 33 cards individually. Let’s assume for a second that you play all your tutors (which each pull a card from the deck) that still means you’ve drawn 28 cards, which is 7 whole turns at a card per click. That’s before you even think about installing anything, using economy cards or making runs etc.

I don’t get through my whole deck with Wyldside / Personal Workshop, and you’re saying you not only nearly deck yourself, but get a decent way into it a second time? You should be able to win with just the three copies of most events, if you want to get more value from Siphon then Same Old Thing is more effective than LARLA.
What the hell is the corp doing while you’re messing about drawing?

If this is really how long your deck takes to play then I fear that any reasonable Fast-Advance corp deck will leave you for dust. The difficulty might well be in the number of breakers you run. If you need one of each type then you can sometimes be waiting a long time if luck is against you. Maybe stick Special Order up to 3?

While I believe you can make a good case for Pro Contacts with Hostage, I think the Levy AR Lab inclusions are a huge mistake.

Youre already cutting critical influence cards for Pro Contacts. (Honestly I think more than 1 Pro Cotnacts in the deck is really bad. You NEEEEED the influence cards, the breakers, datasuckers, and R&D interfaces).
Compounding the problem by cutting 3 more influence for the Levy AR Lab is unnecessary. It also gets you nothing. Its easy to win as Andromeda without needing to empty your deck, and then shuffle it, and draw even more cards.

You should be winning WAY BEFORE that. In fact, if you didnt cut R&D interfaces from the deck, you could probably easily win way before that simply by playing R&D interfaces and hitting R&D. :slight_smile:

“Just fucking win already”.

1 Like

Agreed. I kinda feel like Andy should be closing the game out by the 15th turn or so. If it goes much longer it’s time to re-evaluate my approach :).

So far my results are good ;). I see your points and I am not saying at all my games last that long. I just like it that I have an alternative to get back in the game.

As I said in my opening post, this is not the best Andro build, but I like it’s style. Thanks for the honest feedback. I learned some valid points, I’ll keep altering the deck and might come back to regular Andro without PC. :wink:

I dont doubt this at all.

The thing about the state of the game, with runner advantage, is that you take pretty much any ‘pretty good’ runner list, and then you play it, and it seems awesome! its really hard to tell the different between great runner decks and merely good runner decks, because youre already doing so well with the ‘merely good’.

That said, Levy AR is pretty much blank except against a Jinteki deck that does a lot of damage to you over the course of the game and threatens to deck you, while other influence cards could make your attack even stronger and harder to negate.

1 Like

As I said in another parallel thread… are you having good results because you are skillful and this deck is good, or because of the runner’s natural advantage and opponents playing sub-optimally? I don’t think this would beat my Regionals corp deck (pre Humanity’s Shadow) - you probably have the right cards to do it, but not if you insist on sitting there drawing endlessly.

At the end of the day, you can win Netrunner with one breaker and a whole bunch of money so everything else is just setup to engineer that scenario. So do that as efficiently as possible - which includes multi-access tech (to reduce the number of runs you need to make).

Changed the deck again;) , looking back, I see a lot of improvement, more focus. Thanks for all your good advise.