Another thank you to everyone

I went to my local Store Championship yesterday and ended up winning and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your contribution to this game.

I love this game and I really enjoy the fact that we have such talented people willing to work on archetypes, create podcasts, provide data, and challenge themselves to make their decks efficient and precise tools. So whether you spent hours organizing OCTGN data, creating a bold new archetype, or simply making small critiques to posted decklists, thank you for making this community and this game fun and enjoyable.

My deck lists are below. They are pretty standard. Only a few changes I would make. HUGE props to Lysander who has been pushing the Astrobiotics archetype. Its solid and my modifications probably weren’t needed, but made me feel “safer”.

Corp “Thanks Lysaner”:

NBN: The World is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
1x Market Research (Fear and Loathing)

Asset (2)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Anonymous Tip (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (3)
3x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
2x Rototurret (Core Set) ••
1x Archer (Core Set) ••
2x Grim (Opening Moves)

ICE (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

Small changes?? - 2x Wall of Static. My meta plays a lot of Multi-HQ access cards. So bad draws due to Anonymous Tip could be game ending. JH did help with this all day. I’m not a fan of Grim, but it did it’s job more often than I expected.

Runner - SAndy (Sucker Andy):

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (21)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Hostage (Opening Moves)

Hardware (9)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (3)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) ••

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Crypsis (Core Set)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)

Program (3)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••

You guys have seen this build for a while now. Solid, quick, it works.

Pic of cool stuff

Thanks again guys.

5 Likes

Congrats! I’m a big believer in sharing knowledge. I benefit a lot more from the input I get on decks than I would benefit from secrecy. I ran into another player at my SC yesterday playing an adaptation of my published Astrobiotics list, and I thought that was awesome.

If Lysander got a dollar for every mention… He would be rich :smiley:

Congrats on the win and Stimhack is a great site with relaxed people!

2 Likes

Congrats!

I, uh, I’ve now top-4ed at all four Store Championships I’ve been to (twice been the #1 out of swiss), but haven’t yet closed the deal :). Two more chances :).

I’m really glad you did good with these lists! They are scarily close to what I came up with as two widest lists for the event I’m going to attend in 2 weeks, except I’m still considering my other, Making News deck, and I’m still considering Daily Casts, I know it can be slow and a dead draw if you are floating or late, but it’s crazy good in opening hand or early. Also, I run a Masanori for the Jintekis.

Pshaw, you really should be thinking about how to play against these decks, rather than just copying them - that’s the biggest benefit of hanging around this place :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what netted me my shiny plaque yesterday, will be posting a report later today.

1 Like