[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

good questions, all.

Sleepers: 7th point problem, clearing rumor mill.

Ash: I would like to get some more ash in here. The problem is that while the ID keeps stuff from being expensive, it doesn’t really leave you flush with credits. It’s at 1x now while I try things out to see how often I’m actually able to get use out of it.

ICE spread-- the list I took this from had 2x Janus and the only ETRs were on the barriers, I filled in with some more code gates that can end the run. I’m still not sure on what the right mix is, but I agree it seems light on punishing sentries. Had not considered sherlock 2.0, that seems pretty dope. In general I was shying away from tracers since I’m seeing a lot of high-link runners, but it’s worth a shot.

thanks for the feedback!

I guess it depends on how you think about it. I see four ETR code gates with just your fairchild 3.0s and Ravana. With Yog being so dominant in the meta right now, I would shy away from Viktor. Ravana is often a great ice to pair with something else first turn as it will gather the subroutines fairly quickly.

Also, kudos on being aware of the ICE strength trap that the deck kind of lends itself to. The first time I tried to sleeve it up, I had a ton of 5/4 Strength stuff and Atman sucker just tore it apart.

that’s a great point about yog and viktor 1.0. Does the runner choose brain damage v. ETR on fairchild 3.0, or the corp? I thought the runner did, but if that’s not the case, then you’re 100% right and I have enough code gate ETR without shitty ol’ viktor

Corp choice :grinning:

And 3x Ravana is almost mandatory I would say

2 Likes

Yeah, somewhere between x2 and x3 probably. Ravana is a workhorse of a card. I hope it gets the 2.0 treatment.

1 Like

Arnold recommends: Try Enforcer to terminate all those pesky Stealth runners.

• “Enforcer, what’s best in life?”
  • “To trash stealth programs, see their Mirrors driven before you and hear the lamentation of Net Mercur”
  • “Anything else, dude?”
  • “1 brain damage to say Hasta la vista Baby”

Ugggh… Enforcer.

While the Virtual trash is fantastic and the hardware trash isn’t negligible, it still falls pretty quickly to Switchblade.

I guess it taxes dagger pretty well at least.

I wish this card had been designed with the great forward thinking of the spoiled Weyland forfeit Barrier.

I would happily pay 9-11 credits for it or pay nothing and forfeit an agenda for this.

So do all Sentries. Mind splashing a Batty?

1 Like

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. So I guess fairchild 3.0 is pretty good.

I wondered about that-- the first time I tried this ID (with a more plain-jane glacier build), I had multiple Ravana and didn’t like them early on. But there were a lot of problems with my original attempts so I’ll revisit Ravana. It is really nice to get a 5-strength code-gate version of Eli.

1 Like

Ravana’s only drawback is the need to slot a critical mass of codegates with her. In AoT, that’s your jam, so Ravana pais with AoT almost as well as News Hound goes with Sol.

They’re actually pretty dope because if the runner runs on one first turn and you rez it, they can’t just bounce off like they can an Eli and deny you the ID ability. It has no relevant subs! So they have to run through it, and you then rez your other ICE for free/massive discount. They get an access, but you get a hot tempo injection. Bonus: now Revana has relevant subs for the next run thanks to ICE #2.

3 Likes

I am glad that I posted that list because probably 50% of the responses have been pointing out things that should have been blindingly obvious to me.

That is a really good point about how Ravana 1.0 works in AoT-- as long as you have something cheap-ish other than Ravana on the board, you’re getting free futurebucks. Maybe I had a game where my only opening ICE were Ravana’s and I overreacted.

2 Likes

Double Ravana in an opening hand is rough.

Ravana + Almost anything else = Awesome.

1 Like

I played the old Robocop build out of ETF a while back and I’m not sure what benefits you get moving it across to AoT. Most of my Robocop games, I’ve rezzed over 70-80 credits of ice by the end.

To be fair, a lot of the AoT decks I’ve seen so far just take a recognised ETF build and swap out the 3 Architects for 3 Bioroid ice. I haven’t seen too many that are built to maximise the ID’s power.

Viktor 1.0 is actually ok in AoT. An ETR sub for Ravana is always nice. It punishes face checking. And even if your opponent Yogs past it for free you are still triggering your ID ability.

I quite like Sleepers in AoT. You can install it in your scoring remote, advance it twice and pass the turn. If they run, you haven’t lost any thing, probably got 4 creds worth of value rezing a Bioroid, and taxed them enough for a scoring window. If they don’t run you’ve got a point down the line if you need it. I’ve been using Reversed Accounts in the same way. If they run, I’ve got a scoring window, if they don’t they lose 12-16 credits and I still have my scoring window!

After playing the ID some I agree that robocop is probably not the direction it needs to go in overall, but that was because the ID generally does so much work.

But then again, lately I have just been playing it as reskinned foodcoats.

I am not sure what direction the ID should actually go. But I am thrilled for more support in the future.

I have the impression that this ID might needs to play more cards that lure the runner into running. Thoughts on ambushes like GRNDL refinery (econ), Reversed Accounts (anti-econ) or even sundews?

Sundews would be nice, either they run and you get AoT money, or they don’t and you get sundew money. But three influence is harsh in a 12 inf ID.

I’ll try GRNDL. They run, you rez a bioroid and tax them out for a potential scoring window. They dont run and you get a decent amount of cash.

I don’t think Sundew is an improvement over the likes of Adonis. And even the ad campaigns I’m not sure are that great in AoT. You don’t need the stacks of cash ETF makes. You should only be paying the full rez cost of ice twice, maybe 3 times all game, so you can operate quite happily with a single digit bank balance.

I much prefer the idea of using the advance-able assets that give you an advantage even if the runner doesn’t run them. Though at 2 influence you probably only want GRNDL refinery in decks that are also running Janus, Wotan and the like. Thomas Haas is an influence free alternative. He’s less powerful, but more flexible.

I just had an idea this morning what could be really strong - Haas Arcology AI. IAA in your scoring remote. If they run, you’ve got value from your ID and taxed them, maybe enough for a scoring window. If they don’t run, fast advance a 3/2 out of your hand. Now they need to run the remote to stop you potential FA again the following turn.

If you can rush up to 4 points then every card you IAA has to be contested in case it is the winning GFI.

2 Likes

Here’s what I’ve been running

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time) [color=#708090]★★★[/color]
1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (8)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
2x Haas Arcology AI (Creation and Control)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]
2x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]

Upgrade (2)
2x Heinlein Grid (The Spaces Between)

Operation (13)
2x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Lateral Growth (Fear the Masses)
1x Peak Efficiency (Up and Over)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (6)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]★★[/color]
1x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
3x Markus 1.0 (The Source)

Code Gate (8)
3x Fairchild 3.0 i[/i]
3x Ravana 1.0 (The Liberated Mind)
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)

Sentry (3)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
7 influence spent (max 12-5★=7, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Played three games this morning, all against Smoke. Won 2, lost 1. I kept track of how much money I was spending rezing ice and how much of a discount the ID was providing over the game for the 2 games I won.

First game I only paid full cost for a Viktor1 and a Ravana. I only spent 9 credits in total on ice and the ID give me a total of 19 credits in savings

I didn’t take a screen shot of the 2nd game that I lost. But I think the game ended viktor1 on archives. Marcus, Ravana, Marcus, eli on R&D, Fairchild3 Marcus on HQ and Fairchild3 Ichi Ravana on the remote. All rezzed, only 1 at full cost!

Final game I only rezzed a Fairchild3 for the full cost, All the other ice was rezzed with the ID discount for savings of 25 creds!

IF you are going to try Haas Acology AI you probably need the other 2 Project Vitruviuses. The game I lost I had an AI advanced in the remote and two 3/2s in hand, but Smoke ran HQ instead and sniped both agendas of the Gauntlet trigger. :frowning:

NADPs did a heap of work. Probably needs some Ash

1 Like