[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

The Savings!!!

Yeah the ID does save you a ton of cash. I am glad some of the newer bioroids are almost as competitively costed as Eli in terms of power, number of subs and relevance of subs.

Reversed accounts is an interesting splash for the id as well.

I really, really like heinlein. The region seems like it was made just for this ID.

I think I saved over 30 credits in the game I lost! I had around 8 or 9 ID triggers!

That is really the problem I have with the ID. You save money, but how can you leverage that into a win?

Its a puzzle with this ID as EtF can turn it into fast advance.

1 Like

Without having played it, it looks to me like they aren’t taking any money out from the ETF decks they’re porting to AoT.

So the first thing I’d do would be to take out some of those BBGs and Eve Campaigns, replacing them with other things that help get your agendas scored. 3x Biotic, 3x Ash, maybe even a Fast Track or two.

Which it seems @Dzerards is doing, at least. (I suspect you don’t need Peak Efficiency or Subliminal Messaging in there…?)

This is all without playing it at all, so it’s ‘on paper’…

I’ve been playing a glacier build, running Scarcity to turn off rumor mill. I’m running Ashx3 and the full 3xNAPD. BBG+bots for econ (as they give a lot of options for the baiting of runs), and of course Peak Efficiency.

I actually think it is a good ID for glacier as the credit savings is real – it’s just not a good meta for it.

Oh man, you don’t want to get rid of either of those two cards! I’m typically finishing a game with 30-40 credits worth of Ice rezzed, but most of the game my bank is in the 0-7 range. With a Subliminal in hand you can from 0 credits install a 3/2 and click up to 2c and score it next turn. Or in the mid game, from 0c, play Subliminal into Peak Efficiency up to 5-6c and then install advance an NAPD. Both cards are really strong for maintaining the fast tempo.

Heinlein Grid has been interesting. It kinda suffers a bit with the fact it must be rezzed before the runner decides to spend the clicks. In 10 or 12 games it has never fired. I think I got brain damage of a Viktor and a trash of Marcus due to it being rezzed, but mainly it is a speed bump that slows the runner down. Ash is probably better in this slot, even in this high link meta.

Reversed Accounts is a strange one too. Early game runners prioritise getting set up so your are usually better off just trying to score NADP or a 3/2. Odds are they’ll let you have it. Late game (assuming you’ve rushed up to 4-5 points) the runner pretty much has to contest every card you install advance in the remote. At this stage RA is great for baiting runs, but I think Aggressive Secretary is more impactful. I think I’ve hit with every late game AS this last week![quote=“vor_lord, post:85, topic:7933”]
I actually think it is a good ID for glacier as the credit savings is real – it’s just not a good meta for it.
[/quote]

I’ve been playing it as a rush/tempo deck, kinda like Jammy HB. It’s pretty strong against runners that run, Temujin & Stealth, it is even decent against account siphon spam. It is getting crushed at the moment by Noise and DLR. Cutlery is also pretty hard to deal with.

2 Likes

Can Surat stack with the AoT discount to give you 6 creds off?

No.

Surat doesn’t give you a 6-credit discount, but it does let you do stuff like:

1. they break the subs on a rezzed bioroid on HQ
  2. You rez Surat City Grid on a remote server in the “break subs” window before they pass the ICE
  3. You use AoT when they pass the ICE to rez a bioroid in the remote server for a discount of 4
  4. You use Surat City Grid to rez another card (anywhere on the board) for two-credit discount.
    5 - n. Repeat step 4 to rez more stuffz

…and if you are fortunate enough to have a brain-taping warehouse installed, you get those discounts on any bioroids you rez during this process on top of AoT / SCG.

SCG + BTW and good timing can give you some really obscene discounts. Also note that BTW is not unique, so if you can get a couple on the board you’re going to get a lot of free money.

There is no rez window then, just paid abilities. The last rez window before you pass the ice is before encounter (note this works the same as Caprice–ie need to rez during the ice rez window).

3 Likes

Dang, rookie mistake. Thanks for the correction. Is this the only time that there is a paid ability window in which you cannot rez?

Just review the timing of a run and timing of the turn to see all windows and whether they are rez or just paid abilities :slight_smile:

It looks like all the windows with only paid abilities are during the run, but reviewing timing of turns is good to do anyways–easy to forget some of the windows and how they are ordered compared to other things that happen :wink:

This is what I’ve been running the last week or so

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time) [color=#708090]★★★[/color]
1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (5)
2x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)

Operation (15)
1x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Lateral Growth (Fear the Masses)
2x Peak Efficiency (Up and Over)
1x Scarcity of Resources i[/i]
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
1x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between) [color=#FF8C00]●[/color]

Barrier (8)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]★★★[/color]
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
3x Markus 1.0 (The Source)

Code Gate (7)
3x Fairchild 3.0 i[/i]
2x Ravana 1.0 (The Liberated Mind)
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)

Sentry (3)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
6 influence spent (max 12-6★=6, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It is doing alright. Aggressive Secretary is MVP. With all the recursion these days it’s not the knock out blow it used to be, but it is a massive swing in tempo. Bonus points for playing Targeted Marketing, naming the breaker you just trashed.

2 Likes

This is what I am running right now:

GRNDL Workbots

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (10)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
1x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)
1x Domestic Sleepers i[/i]
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (12)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
3x Brain-Taping Warehouse (The Valley)
2x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing) [color=#006400]●●●●[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
1x Shattered Remains (First Contact)

Operation (9)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Lateral Growth (Fear the Masses)
3x Peak Efficiency (Up and Over)
1x Preemptive Action i[/i]
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (9)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]★★★[/color]
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Markus 1.0 (The Source)

Code Gate (7)
2x Fairchild 2.0 (Blood Money)
2x Fairchild 3.0 i[/i]
3x Ravana 1.0 (The Liberated Mind)

Sentry (2)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
1x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
9 influence spent (max 12-3★=9, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The thinking behind this is that AoT needs to encourgae the runner to make runs. That’s why several assets and ambushes wait for the runner.
Doing okay-ish right now, but I feel that something is missing, maybe it’s another bioroid ICE, maybe my ICE composition is completely wrong. I can imagine that AoT might want to mix high str and low str 'roids, so the runner can pass the lowies and I rez the high guys. Or this ID doesn’t really want hard ETRs but more taxing stuff and then catch the exhausted runners when they’re in the server. So, upgrades like Manta Grid could do it?

1 Like

Nice, though I think you want at least one Current in there. Employee Strike makes AoT sad. Though you do have sleepers and biotic…

I quite like the idea of Melange Mining. You probably don’t want to durdle on it for too long, but run bait, and reasonable burst econ in an ID that likes to run on a low bank.

About ice composition, I initially started out with 3 fairchild 1.0s and lots of the big 2.0s, with the idea being pay one for the fairchild and rez a Heimdall 2.0 on the cheap. However it made for awkward early games as my opponents always seem to run the expensive ice first. I think keeping the ice in the mid range cost slots of 3-6 is best on the whole. That way you are getting close to maximum value from your ID no matter witch server they run first.

I actually ended up cutting all the 2.0 ice in the end. One of the things I found about the ID was if you are rezzing most of your ice with your ability then there are few face check moments (though with GNDL money and BTW that might change). If your opponent knows where all the Heimdall 2.0s are he/she is not going to typically run into them on only one click left. In most cases Ichi 1.0 and Heimdall 1.0 will do as good a job as their 2.0 big brothers for 3 credits less rez cost.

2 Likes

I would probably exchange preemptive action and subliminal message for Fairchild 1.0. Fairchild is a good money card in AoT. Maybe exchange peak efficiency with adonis, to have some more damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario.

Subliminal is too good. No run: I get money. Run: I rez a bioroid. So what’s not to love?
In my opinion, Peak Efficiency is made for such a deck. And I already have 12 assets, so no Adonis here. Fairchild 1.0 is too low. Like @Dzerards said, you need mid range ICE.

1 Like

The same can be said about adonis (or eve), except you get more money if they don’t run.

F1.0 seems like a good way to protect assets, cheap to rez, expensive to run through (especially if you rez another bioroid cheaply).

3 Likes

Interesting point. It acts like a pseudo, more taxing pop-up for the ID. Even if they yog through, you get the trigger.

1 Like

This thread name is so ridiculous. XD

Second place at Philly Store Champ. Went 4-2 but I can easily see it going 6-0 instead.

Not much I would change, but I had no test games with it. I think AoT is a really good ID for the Jeeves FA plan. I found in my AoT games I couldn’t close games. This deck helped with that a ton.

I kinda wish I could fit a CVS in there. Dunno how I would. Something to think about.

4 Likes