[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

Nice! Playing AoT as a straight-up glacier was only so-so for me, recently added 3 biotics and it helped a lot-- but the generally low credit pool can be trouble. Normally ended up setting up 2 remotes (brain-taping and scoring/adonis/launch), but the scoring remote is really hard to make taxing enough to be relevant.

This seems like a cool best-of-both-worlds approach: the key to the ID really seems to be forcing the runner to check taxing remotes and then getting free rezzes from it. Looking forward to trying this out, thanks for sharing!

i tried glacier too, but it couldnt ever close a game. and you dont have enough money to bank on ash. add in glaciers problems with rumor mill, and that corp troubleshooter is lower value in a all bioroid listā€¦

i decided to think of a diff score line, and was thinking ā€˜what forces runs on a remote, scores for cheap, and is low influence to includeā€™

jeeves FA is the perfect fit.

i do like AoT with ITD and ELPs too. thats actually really nice. But this deck felt really good. Iā€™ll prob keep playing this as is for a rushier deck, and commit my etf lists to testing ITD further.

I like it! Any room for Manta grid as a x1?

i wouldnt cut any ice. 1x Launch could change, and so could the tech cards (ELP and Best Defense)

See if you wanna do it and give it a try :smiley:

I have to wait until my next play day, but I will certainly try fitting a one or two in there. The extra click can make for some pretty disgusting turns with Jeeves.

Ultimately it is probably just a worse Biotic though. Which is kind of sad.

Id play manta on the central that gets hit more often. Prob the best way to do it. Abuse the click when you can. Great vs medium digs with a poor anarch runner

I havenā€™t played as AoT yet, but Iā€™d like to share what Iā€™ve learned from playing against it so far.

1. Siphons hurt AoT quite badly. Yes, the run does give them value to rez more of their ICE cheaply, but I weigh that cost against making them completely broke and stalling their game. The odds of leaving an AoT at 0c after a siphon are pretty good.

2. Their economy can be trashed. Again, they get some value from the run, but being forced to click for credits holds back their scoring game.

3. Heimdal is probably their best ICE. He isnā€™t cheap to rez, but many runners are not prepared to deal with large barriers. With DNA Tracker, Tollbooth, FC3, and soon Mausulus, all runners are teched for large code gates, but not barriers.

Points 1 and 2 are pretty dangerous when playing against criminals. If the runner can push the corp to 0 repeatedly in an econ war, and trash their campaigns, then the corp is forced to click for credits, with agendas building up in HQ.

As an Temu Whizz, I just kill all of the ICE and leave Ravana with no friends to target. Click-to-break bioroids make it super easy to land cutlery, NRE+Yog+Carver makes code gates blank. Again, Heimdal is usually the only thing really taxing.

Overall, I like the AoT rush + Biotic score plan. The ID lets you rush behind a 2x tax/gear check ICE that the runner wonā€™t have enough clicks to just click through. The late game isnā€™t kind to any glacier right now, so finishing on a Biotic (or other FA) feels necessary. I think this ID is more dynamic and fun to play against than ETF, but I donā€™t think it is as powerful.

2 Likes

Agreed. It is pretty much impossible to run glacier right now as Ash is useless and Caprice is too much influence.

Until a better defensive upgrade drops we are forced to play HB as fast advance. You can probably play a pretty decent, maybe even good fast advance build out of AoT, but it will really struggle to get an advantage over EtF.

But I have a feeling that if you want to go rush, you canā€™t really be on asset economy. You have to go for event economy, like NBN does.

Interesting, Iā€™ve found that bouncing back quickly from siphon is one of the strengths of the ID. Being able to get a rez from the siphon run, then use Peak Efficiency, Advanced Assembly Lines, or Lateral Growth to get up to 2-4 credits gets you right back into the danger zone quickly. That being said, since you need 7 to score with biotic, itā€™s not great.

Yeah, Iā€™ve personally been having a hard time getting the balance right between rush v. tax v. FA. Playing a lot of Weyland rush, it feels weird/slow to have to double-ice a server to rush behind it. Especially because cards like Ravana and Ichi are pretty lousy for rush in the early game, it feels like you have to have a double-iced remote + something taxing on HQ to even think about scoring.

I donā€™t know, maybe revisiting the ICE suite to lean more on cheaper bioroids so that you spend very close to 0 on rezzes would be sufficient?

And yeah, agreed that EtF is probably better on the bases of sheer economic power, influence, and less-porous ICE. I think that AoT is way more interesting right now, though.

1 Like

The ID has potential. Which is more than can be said for Weylandā€™s new ID.

Hell, if it were released before rumor mill it would be a great alternative to EtF for Foodcoats.

Since glacier has to walk the line right now between never advance/taxing and fast advance rather than doubling down on taxing it is really, really tough and will stay that way until HB gets a good defensive upgrade.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the ID is any weaker against siphon than a typical ID. In fact, I think itā€™s stronger because the corp gets more control over their credit pool when the siphon hits. The runner also has to give the corp an economic benefit by siphoning.

3 Likes

For sure. I was hoping that weā€™d see a series of stackable non-unique upgrades (a la PriSec and, to a far lesser extent, Drone Screen) that would be weaker individually than Ash/Caprice, but could get around Rumor Mill and provide something between ā€œyou have no chance of getting in hereā€ and ā€œcome on in.ā€

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been play testing this ID as well, and although ETF is probably more economical and practical in most situations, Iā€™m really just finding this one fun to play. I love the idea of an all-bioroid deck that is taxing and just plain oppressive to run through.

I agree that it runs low on credits and is generally hard to use Ash or other defensive upgrades. However, I also think that solely focusing on asset economy is not great right now against Whizzard.

So, I tried using a different approach to forcing runs. Iā€™m using a glacier + FA hybrid approach, similar to what I used for my old Foodcoats build, but with a mix of SSCG and Biotic to win via FA. Iā€™m currently toying around with a few ways to deal with the 7-point problem other than scoring GFI, right now giving 1x Domestic Sleepers (considering 2x).

I am using Brain-Taping Warehouse because it does stack with the ID ability, it stacks with multiple copies of itself, and has a good rez-to-trash ratio (1 vs. 4). Usually I build one scoring remote that holds Adonis in the early game, or standard never advance as needed or when a scoring window seems present. Most other copies of Adonis and BTW get single-iced in new remotes.

I previously had 1x Heimdall 1.0 here, but with the new release of Fairchild (the new unique one) from Martial Law, I am thinking that it might be quite a bit better. They can pass without breakers, but only if they take 1 brain, pay 8 credits, and trash an installed card. At 8 strength, itā€™s a beast to break with pretty much every primary breaker setup I can think of:

Anarch:
Yog + NRE + Ice Carver: Impossible, even with Null
Yog + NRE + Carver + Datasucker: 3 sucker tokens
Black Orchestra: 12 credits, or 9 credits + NRE + Carver

Criminal:
Passport or Peregrine: 10 credits each

Shaper:
Refractor: 2 stealth credits + 4 credits (the best possible breaker in this scenario, I think)
Houdini: 2 stealth credits + 6 credits

AI:
Faust: 7 cards
Eater: 10 credits

And all of that possible with a rez cost of 9 credits (standard), or 5 (with ID), or as low as 2 (with ID and one BTW rezzed if they run 1st click).

Scarcity of Resources here just to cancel Employee Strike, which makes me very sad. Domestic Sleepers can do that, too, and allows for an easier win if they steal your other copy. However, I think Scarcity is also a great current, so I havenā€™t been able to convince myself to cut it yet. Also thinking I should find room for 1-2 Archived Memories for SSCG, but not sure what to take out or tweak.

Bioroid Rage 2.0

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (10)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (11)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (8)

Sentry (3)

8 influence spent (max 12-4ā˜…=8, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

if you are running a current, you gotta be REALLY hard pressed to not pick ELP in a bioroid only (or 95%) list

id rethink that

also not having the ichi subs for ravana is a big error. link is so hot right now, sherlock is really dangerous and easy to blank

i used to just run 1x vikram, and it got cut the moment nexus andy came back.

My goals for a Current in this deck would be (1) impactful, (2) no influence cost, and (3) low credit cost.

The issue with ELP is that it anti-synergizes with Brain-Taping Warehouse. So, itā€™s less impactful. Scarcity of Resources has a lower credit cost, no influence cost, and can still be very impactful against many decks that run lots of resources. I know itā€™s a good card, but Iā€™ve been playing with this one, and I think itā€™s decent.

Ichi vs. Sherlock is a fair criticism. I played 2x Sherlock 2.0 and 1x Ichi 2.0 in my last iteration. Sherlock seems way more impactful when they donā€™t run link, and if they run tag-me against me, I can trash their Temujin or other impactful resources. But I could see a benefit to putting the Ichi 2.0 back in, if only to get the ā€œtrash a programā€ sub back as a Ravana target. But theyā€™re almost never going to let it fire anyway, and Sherlock is 1 less to rez than Ichi 2.0 and strength 6.

why not just ichi 1 if you are bringing up the money issue? only reason to run 7+ cost bioroids imo is to better avoid siphons.

i think sherlock just runs into a problem that pricy to rez on it owns, isnt impactful vs link crim OR nexus kate, and is a active determent vs power tap lists

i dont dislike the card, but i dislike it in this meta. im seeing a lot of link runners atm. im even personally working on a link geist atm.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess throwing in an Ichi 1.0 could help provide some support and be cheaper to throw out there. I was trying to avoid having too many ice in the Strength 4-5 range because itā€™s easy to break efficiently (e.g., Dagger, Switchblade, Atman + Datasucker, Faerie, Mongoose, Mimic + NRE or Ice Carver). Multi-stacking Sentries works great against Shaper stealth decks that pack Dagger or Switchblade, unless they have NRE or The Personal Touch.

Eh, Iā€™ll think about it. I havenā€™t played against enough high-link runner decks recently so I just havenā€™t thought as much about my deck composition or game plan for that match-up.

Uggh! Brain taping is a card I really want to like. It seems so good, but it is hard to cover in a glacier build.

Poking this thread again.

Currently liking this ID with 2x EBC as a way to give the finger to blackmail val. Iā€™ve kept the brain-taping warehouses and dropped the surat city grids-- influence goes to GFI, NAPD and Eli. Friends in High Places is also nice here-- helps deal with ice destruction, recur the expensive-to-trash Brain-Taping Warehouse, and (since you end up icing archives in 90% of your match-ups to turn off Temujin), install agendas from archives when you get a window.

5 Likes

How much value do you get out of the BTW? Do you usually install as many as you can naked, or one at a time behind a cheap bioroid?