[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

The day of the Lab Dog has arrived.

Oh wait, CC + Parasite.

Could pack Enforcer?

Three of the subs are fantastic, and 1 is situational.

Its not a terrible piece of ice, but you pretty much have to pack x2 sleepers to reliably get your mini archer trigger.

And the ice is just as weak as anything else against Sifr.

I would probably just slot 2x Ark and at least 2x friends and play the slightly longer game. They can’t keep the parasites out of the bin forever. And Ark is pretty great.

3 Likes

If they have that as an option, they don’t need to waste the credits on Parasite. The runner can just trash CC, because Lab Dog gives the runner the choice. But, still, one less CC to worry about.

1 Like

Here is what’s I played at my local store championship:

A Faster Tomorrow 1.3

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
2x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (10)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]
2x Jeeves Model Bioroids (Salsette Island)

Upgrade (6)
3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]★★●●●●● ●[/color]

Operation (10)
1x Ark Lockdown i[/i]
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Friends in High Places (Martial Law)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Preemptive Action i[/i]

Barrier (2)
2x Markus 1.0 (The Source)

Code Gate (9)
1x Fairchild (Martial Law)
3x Fairchild 1.0 (23 Seconds)
2x Fairchild 3.0 i[/i]
3x Ravana 1.0 (The Liberated Mind)

Sentry (3)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Sherlock 2.0 (23 Seconds)
10 influence spent (max 12-2★=10, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I will just be totally honest: it doesn’t really work. It’s not fast enough to FA out the agendas you need and the bioroid ice doesn’t slow people down enough for the economy that’s is available at present. But I really LIKE the core idea: force runs on assets in order to get cheap rezzes on your central servers. If anyone can make this ode work let me know.

I feel that AoT has a fundamental flaw: ETR ICE will prevent the ability from firing.

Because of this, I feel that these decks will usually take a different stance from EtF in general, in that they’re more interested in making the runner pay a high cost to get in, but less interested in actually preventing the access. To my knowledge, only Haarpsichord and PE decks adopt this strategy successfully.

The alternative work-around is to provide the ETR ice on the remote and use non-ETR on Centrals. Replicating Perfection pioneered that strategy, so it’s viable. Essentially; if they’re running on your Remote, you don’t care about getting rez discounts, you care about stopping the run. If they’re running on Centrals, now you care about getting your ability to fire.

2 Likes

Agree with this. When I play with AoT I always try to put anything with ‘end the run’ on the scoring remote and other ice on centrals.

You could put etr ice innermost on centrals I guess, but that also can be risky if you dont draw enough other etr ice to protect your remote.

2 Likes

How did it perform on the day?

Interesting, I do almost the opposite. Drop an fc1 over adonis, money in the bank. I typically build a deep scoring remote (heimdall, fc3, ravana or eli) and 1 econ remote,which I’m happy to drag the runner over.

1 Like

Agreed. This is my biggest problems with the id. It probably will be quite playable someday soon though.

2-1.

First round was against a leela, good pilot and I saw a lot of agenda flood. I lost.

second round, I started to fall behind on economy against an exile, aseops, conspiracy breaker setup due to a slow start. I almost lost, but he ran a sherlock 2.0, didn’t clear tags and then I trashed his engine. Ground out a win

Third round was against a newer guy. THe economy engine came online very quickly, won without a lot of fuss.

As I said, the deck doesn’t totally work. I still feel like the core of something is there, but it’s a little slow and doesn’t result in a ton of the forced runs I am in need of.

I was that Leela (and thanks for the compliment). I’ll agree with what someone said upthread about AoT pushing the runner to play around it even when it slows down their game plan. FWIW, it was my hardest runner game of the day, even with the agenda flood.

2 Likes

Time to revive this thread! Now that we are post-rotation and using MWL 2.0, I think AOT is in a really great place and warrants consideration for HB glacier decks.

Although the economic benefits of this identity might not consistently compare favorably to ETF, in the right situations it can actually save you more money than you would’ve earned across a typical game with ETF. And that’s nothing to sneeze at. The removal of Yog also makes several of the HB bioroid ice relatively stronger.

My goal with the current card pool was to build a competitive HB glacier deck that can pressure the runner’s economy enough to score out 1-2 agendas from a remote server, and then FA out the final agenda if needed. With GFI on the restricted list, I wanted to also experiment with other 5/3s so I could keep Fairchild 3.0, which shines in AOT.

Here is the iteration I came up with last night. I only played for a few hours and I clearly have more testing to do, but it was undefeated against a variety of Anarch, Criminal, and Shaper decks.

HB Glacier

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (11)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (11)

Sentry (2)

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

My influence is spent on ways to get some burst economy. Dedication Ceremony was a neat idea that I wasn’t sure how well it would work, but I was able to pull off the combo with GRNDL at least once (and sometimes twice), primarily by overadvancing an early game Vitruvius and using it to recur whichever part of the 2-card combo I was missing. GRNDL is a spicy include in this deck that can bluff as an agenda to bait more AOT runs, or you can rez it right away and leave it on the table for a turn to make the runner decide whether to spend 15+ credits getting into your remote, paying the Warroid Tracker and Ash trace taxes, and giving you a free AOT trigger, or letting you have a big windfall of burst economy.

Not sure I’m 100% sold on the ice suite, but I like it. My biggest weakness right now would be against a Sunny or Nexus-focused deck because they could bypass a lot of the traces, so that’s a meta call. Not sure replacing Vikram with Ichi would make enough of a difference.

Elective Upgrades is a liability that you need to protect, but if you score it out in the early to middle of the game, you basically win unless they have a full Clot lock. I’m really digging it. The best way to score it is MCA Austerity Policy, which also works great in this deck. I am still testing Scarcity vs. ELP, and also not sure if I should add a second copy of the current (or what to drop to fit that in) just to counter E-Strike (which I haven’t really seen play much).

Thoughts? Ideas? What are other people trying out of this ID right now?

Two general thoughts:

While the code gates are good, I think you have far too many - you want to tax the runner, and one way to do that is to force them to install all their breakers, but with this many code gates it’s entirely possible you won’t see any other ice type over the course of a game!

So I would probably cut the Viktor 1.0 for Ichi. I would also 100% run 3 Fairchild 2.0. It’s one of the most taxing ice in the game now Yog is gone, and 4 to rez is obviously perfect.

Oh and one further thought - why dedication ceremony? It only combos with Grndl refinery, so I think that’s a waste of influence.

Good points for sure, and like I said, I’m not sold yet 100% on my ice suite. Viktor is solid because he’s relatively cheap to rez but has relevant subroutines that are usually both respected well, and he ends the run if they can’t click or break it, which FC2 can’t do. I do think Ichi is a good ice worth consideration here, so maybe I will experiment more with a combination of Vikram and Ichi. I just still need a critical mass of ETR bioroids or Ravana doesn’t do its job well enough.

Although Dedication Ceremony only combos with GRNDL Refinery currently, that combo is very powerful and I’ve so far been able to pull it off each game to great effect. This deck really needs access to quick economy bursts to create scoring windows, either with turning Ash back online or allowing me to rez more ice.

For comparison, I’ve tried Biased Reporting, which has higher late-game potential but leaves control in the runner’s hands and doesn’t work well in the early game. Celebrity Gift is somewhat comparable, but gives me a net 7 credit boost for 2 clicks, compared to Dedication Ceremony giving me a net 11 credit swing for 2 clicks when used on GRNDL Refinery (if you count the action to trash it for money).

Do you have alternative suggestions for the influence? I’m really curious to see what other people are spending theirs on or what they might recommend.

Maybe Bryan Stinson could give you more money in fewer clicks and takes less slots than dedication ceremony + GRNDL

EDIT: Also, considering how much 1.0 and 2.0 bioroids you have, ELP can be a nice include

1 Like

My lists tend to run capital investors, which has been strong. GRNDL refinery looks like an interesting choice as well though.

I’m also still on Breaker Bay, with Adonis and Whampoa.

MCA is indeed good in AOT for forcing the runner to run before they are ready. In my experience, one thing a glacier AOT needs is draw. How about Daily Business Show? Fairchild 1.0 is also useful to get ID triggers unless you suspect an Inversificator.

I have really enjoyed the operation econ build instead of the asset/breaker Bay build out of AoT. I think draw is really the biggest weakness.

I will have to try DBS. I have tried Special Report to mild success.

Edit:Also I consider 2x Seider adaptive barrier mandatory. You can even go up to three. Even though they aren’t bioroids they are amazing for their cost, especially on your scoring server or your central you expect to get a lot of pressure on.

Edit2: Also successful field test might be worth a consideration over Corporate Sales Team. You can net some serious cash or tempo from the installs if you have a full hand of cards.

I think that AoT is potentially the one ID that can justify multiple ICE’d remotes, so I’ve always been hesitant to lean on an operation econ. That being said, without EtF’s boost for installing BBG, it generally felt better to just use marilyn/adonis/launch campaign on their own and save the slots for more bioroids and spice like peak efficiency.

How are people finding CFC excavation? I was thinking a mix of 3 CST, 2 Elective upgrade, 3 vitruvius, and 1 of either CFC or paper trail would be reasonable. I guess my thought with it is that your primary scoring plan is probably vitruvius → elective upgrades → vitruvius. If one of the vitruvius is a 4/2 instead, then either it’s the first one (and I don’t have the face-up bioroids to justify CFC over CST) or it’s the last one and it can be blank.

1 Like

CFC is really high variance and although it has a lot of potential, it really is best in builds that have two bioroid upgrades (Ash and Warroid) so you can guarantee the cash back.

Outside of that, it is a terrible first agenda. Otherwise it is a funky oaktown or a High-Risk Investment.

It needs more bioroid assets/upgrades, or a way of rezzing ice outside of runs in order to get the most out of it. You can probably do the second with boot camps… but I am not sure what the grand design would be.