[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

I am loving it. It’s exactly what I was looking for in my AOT deck. It might not be great as a first agenda, but with 2 rezzed bioroids it gives you back the cost of advancing it, and everything beyond that is icing on the cake. I regularly get 10-20 credit swings from this agenda, and it’s really easy to score with MCA Austerity Policy (if you have one charged and no Elective Upgrades in hand worth using it for) or other FA tools if they don’t have Clot in play.

To @Myriad’s point, I have been running Ash and Warroid Tracker lately, so that definitely helps you get more bang for your buck.

1 Like

My current take on AoT. Trying to wait to fit in FA tools until I get to the point where I feel like the basic engine is working.

EDIT: Updated after playing a couple games with earlier version.

AoT

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)
1x CFC Excavation Contract (Crimson Dust)
3x Corporate Sales Team (Business First)
2x Elective Upgrade (Terminal Directive)
3x Project Vitruvius (Revised Core Set)

Asset (7)
3x Adonis Campaign (Revised Core Set)
3x Marilyn Campaign (Terminal Directive)
1x Whampoa Reclamation (Blood and Water) [color=#708090]●●[/color]

Upgrade (9)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (Revised Core Set)
3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
3x Marcus Batty (The Underway) [color=#DC143C]●●●●● ●●●●[/color]

Operation (6)
3x Hedge Fund (Revised Core Set)
3x IPO (Terminal Directive)

Barrier (7)
3x Eli 2.0 (Terminal Directive)
3x Seidr Adaptive Barrier (Station One)
1x Wraparound (Revised Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]●[/color]

Code Gate (7)
1x Fairchild 1.0 (23 Seconds)
3x Fairchild 2.0 (Blood Money)
3x Fairchild 3.0 i[/i]

Sentry (4)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Revised Core Set)
1x Vikram 1.0 (Kala Ghoda)
12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

This thread needs more love for a great ID!

This is the deck I’ve been toying around with for the last few days. It’s 7-2 and feels very strong, especially against Anarch.

HB Glacier

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow (Intervention)

Agenda (9)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (8)

Operation (9)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (9)

Sentry (4)

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Down the White Nile

The basic premise is that when you IAA in a glacier scoring remote, the runner has to decide whether it is worth a bunch of credits to get in. NGO Front is great at baiting runs, and if they don’t run, you can trash it for 8 credits and IAA a new card. If they run Reversed Accounts, they don’t score, but if they let me trash it, they will have a huge credit loss (and often enable Stinson). Ash makes Ikawah a huge pain to steal if you have a credit advantage and they aren’t running Film Critic. All of these runs also bait your ID ability. I find that the ice are so taxing that most runner economy engines can’t keep up that well, and you reveal the ice installed from Jinja, so rezzing ice with your ability is just pure economic efficiency. NGO Front, Hedge, the Clearances, Stinson, CFC, and CST all provide great sustained economy.

Jinja works best on your scoring server and whichever central you need to protect most. Don’t be afraid to overdraw with Clearances even without Jinja. Best targets to trash are extra Stinson, Clearances (Stinson can still fire them from Archives), and extra ice that aren’t needed.

Questions:

1. Would you drop Ash for Mason Bellamy? Doesn’t protect the other agendas as well but does help with scoring Ikawah Project.

2. A friend recommended -1 Stinson, -1 Reversed Accounts, +2 Special Report. Think that will help consistency, or not worth it?

4 Likes

About your ICE suit, I run the same deck but with +1 Ichi 1.0, +1 Najja 1.0, +1 Vikram 1.0, -1 Fairchild, -2 Heimdall 1.0. I am not sure which one is better.

I have a similar deck with Stronger Together, but with +2 Special Report and I didn’t really use it that much. (The agenda suit is tweaked there, 3 Ikawah, 3 SSL and 1 CFC, because that one struggles with credits it has a Bellamy to help score the Ikawah).

2 Likes

i typed out this long bit about how i don’t like Fairchild at all cos there’s no facecheck value

but then i realised while typing it up that, in jinja AOT, you generally don’t have very much facecheck pressure since you’re revealing ice that you install and often rez things before the runner encounters them

in that sense, there might be some merit to Fairchild to make your remote incredibly taxing to get into or to help lock down R&D late game. you still have to consider that it doesn’t have a hard end the run built into it and a late-game glory run, most subs can be easily ignored, and most decoders break the first 2 subs for less than 8 anyway

i definitely agree on the Heimdalls though. if i’m going to use an expensive barrier, i’d rather use Seidr or Eli 2.0 tbh. the Najjas are perfectly fine though. low-cost ice that can help trigger your ability is exactly what you need, and i’d definitely consider going to 3

1 Like

Najja is decent but I’m not sure the third is really necessary. I used to have 2x Eli 2.0 in that slot but Paperclip can break it for only 3, and at a rez cost of 5 vs. Najja’s 2, Najja is better for triggering AOT and providing a small tax.

Heimdall 1.0 is actually really taxing. Paperclip is the most common fracter out there, and it needs 5 to break. Few barriers commonly played tax Paperclip that much. Vikram is great, but there’s something to be said about ETR subs. The traces for brain damage can be ignored if they have a strong credit advantage or high link.

Fairchild is the same way; it’s there for a major tax, not a face check penalty. I think 1x is perfect.

I could try playing around with the different ice package and test it more, but I’m worried that I won’t be able to tax out of the remote as well without Heimdall or Fairchild.

I really like 3x Ikawah, 3x SSL, 2x Sensor Net Activation with a flex domestic sleepers as my agenda suite.

Sensor net is pretty terrible outside of this ID, but it does have some hidden value in letting you rez bioroids without losing tempo on a key taxing turn and getting an ID trigger when the runner wasn’t expecting it.

Also you can use it to rez Ash or something if you are really hard up for credits.

It also makes Enforcer playable. Enforcer is actually really well positioned with Batty since Maw is very common and there are a lot of very good virtual resources.

Really, the only thing keeping Sensor Net down is that there are not that many bioroids that you don’t want to face check.

Edit I also wanted to chime in on the Heimdall debate.

I am 100% in the Seidr Adaptive Barrier camp over Heimdall 1.0. They cost the same (with the discount), they play better with Jinja and they are a hard ETR that cannot be clicked through. I think that is really the biggest value.

2 Likes