2x Assassin
2x Caduceus
1x Guard

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The game plan, if you can call it such, is to score 2x Glenn Station rush style with econ operations and binary ICE. After that you find Government Takeover and one Vanity project, and stash them on the stations. Barring Turntables and Notorieties, the runner can no longer win by scoring. After this you recurse your Museums and Public Supports (behind ICE of course) until a) you get 3 points from supports or b) the runner gets bored and leaves.

Yes, this deck pays influence for Museum of History. It doesn’t work with 54 cards.

6 Likes

I think we’ve got ourselves a winner folks. I have never been more triggered by two sentences in my life.

3 Likes

Relying on fast advancing a 5/3 off a Junebug seems like a bad idea…?

Trick of Foods

Pālanā Foods: Sustainable Growth (Business First)

Agenda (10)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (9)
3x Pālanā Agroplex (Business First)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (2)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (14)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ••
3x Ashigaru (Up and Over)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)

Sentry (5)
2x Pup (Honor and Profit)
3x Assassin (Data and Destiny)

You thought this deck would have GFI in it, didn’t you? Fooled you!

Mushin out a Junebug and advance it some. Ice the hell out of centrals. Fast advance your way to victory, of course making sure one of those fast advances is a 5/3! . The card draw and money obviously helps a lot here. Sometimes people just decide to die, so that’s cool.

Agenda (10)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
1 Director Haas’ Pet Project
3 Global Food Initiative ●​●​●​
3 Project Vitruvius
Asset (19)
3 Adonis Campaign
3 Brain-Taping Warehouse
2 Cerebral Overwriter
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 Mumba Temple ●​●​●​●​●​●​
3 Museum of History ●​●​●​●​●​●​
1 Ronald Five
1 The Root ●​●​●​
ICE (15)
1 Ichi 1.0
2 Janus 1.0
3 Ravana 1.0
3 Vikram 1.0
3 Viktor 1.0
3 Viktor 2.0
Operation (3)
1 Archived Memories
2 Defective Brainchips
Upgrade (7)
3 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2 Marcus Batty ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 Ryon Knight

So here’s the deck that is going to take Brain Damage absolutely no where.

Seriously, I can’t beat that one deck…

Is this etf or cybernetics division?

Contest closed, results coming soon

Whichever one is worse.

I play it in ETF so as to have a functioning deck, but cybernetics might be workable. In bizarro world.

1 Like

There was not much overlap between me and the guest judge.

MightyToenail’s favorites were
camelcase
Syntax
Friff14
icecoldjazz
enk (best)

My favorites were
AndrewWest
Crunchums
greyfield

After taking a second look to see if I could agree with MT’s calls, I’m happy to give second place to icecoldjazz…

meanwhile the winner is ENK, congratulations!

I made some comments on each entry, posted below.

zaroth - As an early adopter of Windfall I understand what you mean. I really dig the bookmark here. Would have liked to see a Singularity so you can attack a remote after going off, though Vamp should do the same job most of the time.

camelCase - This deck is not that obscure. I like the Itinerant Protesters / FIS thing. Did you consider Corporate Scandal?

Syntax - I’m inclined to say that Au Rev is not a bad concept, you’ve just put it in the wrong faction. Also you need Forged Activation Orders for that Paintbrush.

cursor - This feels in the spirit of the contest, trying to force the corp to draw themselves to death.

jeepers - Wouldn’t you need multiple SoT’s installed at once? I feel like you need Leprechaun here (-:

Calimsha - I’m not sure Valley Grid is bad enough for this contest, once people realised the Caprice synergy and that you didn’t necessarily have to run 20 ETR ices.

AndrewWest - I like this one. Even if most power shutdown decks work on similar principles, it’s impressive that this one only needs one credit to go off.

edmund_blake_nelson - There’s nothing bad about Ash and Red Herrings. NBN Glacier can also be played as a Never Advance deck. Would have preferred to see this as a post MWL list.

Crunchums - There’s some really obscure tech in this deck, like using Batty to delay the effect of Chum so it applies to the same ice as Inazuma. A Neural Katana could be cool here.

friff14 - The Doppelganger for the pseudo extra click is a nice touch, but I’m not sure you do enough to follow up on the “1). Discard. 2) ??? 3) Profit” theme.

popsofctown - This is a pretty bad deck, which is good for this contest. You’ve got a few ways to get the philotic into your hand, but with no ice, what makes you think it will be safe there? You can save influence by using Trick of Light + Ice Wall (instead of biotic) which lets you add 24/7 news cycle so you can philotic even if it gets stolen.

GNB - What exactly is the idea here, is this just a more tax focused supermodernism? Dedication ceremony combos are cool, I like how this deck inspired some discussion of how to push them further.

icecoldjazz - Woah? My only criticism is that I don’t think Enhanced Login Protocol belongs here. The influence spend is also strange, I wonder if Medical Research Fundraiser is better than beanstalks.

greyfield - Consumer grade capstone is a pretty top idea. Replicator goes both well and badly with it, since it draws you a second copy when you install the first one, but then you don’t want to install the second one. Why only 1 pawnshop, when you could capstone away extras?

enk - What do you do if the runner trashes your museums? (Actually, I guess it would be hard to trash them nine times without ever letting you recur a single card).

corporationsrule - Runners can actually draw up and deliberately eat a junebug if they know that will stop you using trick of light, as crazy as that sounds.

cmcadvanced - Yeah, mumba temple is usually better for rezzing assets, since with ice you can’t control when you will need to spend the recurring credits. Also, it’s hard to resolve Ryon without, say, an Hourglass. You could even run this out of Stronger Together.

2 Likes

YES! Finally my deckbuilding has been given the acknowledgement it deserves.

Actually I would change one of the ICE to Swarm. In the end game when you’re waiting on recursion, advancing either Hadrian or Swarm, depending on what the runner has, will eventually tax them out of the game (unless they’re on both dave and shrike).

And in retrospect, not sure if Turntable actually does anything. Does the agenda stay on Glenn when the runner makes the swap? The card’s text is not active, but I think hosted cards stay on whatever they’re hosted.

1 Like

Funny how we didn’t overlap at all.

A worthy winner. Everyone wants glenn station to be good but it’s just not.

Thanks! I’m ashamed of mtself.Medical Research Fundraiser gives them money. That’s bad, since you only care about SEA Source. Beanstalk gives you an extra credit over the runner.