Belgian Nationals 2015 Report

First trip to continental Europe for some beer and food. Also played some Netrunner - what’s with all the NEH?

Belgian Nationals 2015 Report

12 Likes

Great report, thanks for coming. :smiley:
It’s too bad we didn’t face each other, maybe next time. :smile:

1 Like

You mention playing some sort of Weyland build - what sort of scorch build?

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (10)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)
1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)

Asset (5)
1x Snare! (Core Set) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
1x Shattered Remains (First Contact)

Upgrade (2)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (16)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••
2x SEA Source (Core Set) ••••
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Snatch and Grab (All That Remains)

Barrier (7)
3x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
1x Hive (Double Time)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
2x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)

Code Gate (4)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (4)
1x Data Raven (Core Set) ••
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Dracō (What Lies Ahead)

ICE (1)
1x Mother Goddess (Upstalk)

I find your lack of Midseasons disturbing.

Well, noise tends to cut IHW these days, so in theory…

Nice write up, coming to the Dutch nats by any chance?

Edit:

On the RP lack at the continent, I think it’s mainly because it taxes your own brain and everybody expects RP. I for one was exhausted after 13h of RP mirror matches I never played it again after regionals. And we tend to agree with eachother NEH is still stronk

The part about Minh asking where you are from and slapping down a Plascrete was hilariously side-splitting. We even make joke-comments about the English meta here in Texas.

4 Likes

When is the Dutch Nationals? If it’s near Amsterdam, I may even have a place to crash.

I’m interested that “Noise tends to cut IHW” - not seen that much here. Without Plascrete it’s a necessity and it have saved my bacon in many match ups.

1 Like

Laughed hard with the last pic (“zis is what I think of Arr Pee”).

I would have played RP if I could have made it. One of the few.

so 13th of September it is, and Eindhoven is not really close to A’Dam(2h drive by train I think)

However, the guys from Amsterdam most likely have a free seat in their car

Nice report man, glad we could have you! :smile:

Shame we couldn’t play against each other, maybe in Holland! Congrats on your good performance.

I sure ran against a lot of peoply trying to kill me on the day; and here I thought this community was so gentle and friendly. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m sure the world’s perception of the UK meta is entirely skewed by @Cerberus’ performance at Worlds last year…
Great report though @evilgaz, I love your cartoon cards.

2 Likes

And also the fact that 6 Agenda Blue Sun kill is far more popular here than anywhere else.

You southerners giving us all a bad name. I’ve never seen anyone play that deck north of Oxford :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, between Cerbs Worlds deck and Iain Reid’s SSCI performance it’s no surprise we have a reputation for house-burning.

Played against it at the Sheffield Store Tournament!

Thanks for the report of the Belgian nationals.

For the life of me , i don’t know why everybody here is so bloody in love with NEH and Kate. People have shifted away from RP because of the braindrain in large tournaments , especially with 6 rounds. Blue sun is something that is slowly phasing out in Belgium and no Weyland made it into the top16.
I did love to see 2 JT PE in the top 16. But my own love for JT PE is well known in Belguim and around.

We did however have 46 people , on account off scott , the canadian , showing up and dropping right away. He had only learned of the Nationals after booking his flight, really wanted to join up , but didn’t want to fuck up anybody their SOS by dropping halfway through round 4.
He played against the people with a bye each round until the 4th round.
I didn’t bother registering him in the tournament software if he was going to drop right away, but officially , he did sign up and drop.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the tournament partly because I met quite a few new people and had a chance to chat with some old friends and adversaries. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really enjoyed playing against you @evilgaz maybe apart from that bloody Snatch and Grab. Luckily, I had another ProCon ready. :smile:

2 Likes

I enjoyed the Corp game! Noise was disappointing. :wink:

I’ll make sure to have a spare Snatch and Grab for next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even James (The guy who originally built it) has stopped playing it.

My Weyland deck isn’t even that kill-happy.