[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

I assume a fair number of you guys have seen the newish Daredevil series on Netflix.

For some reason, Wesley, Kingpin’s right hand man, just screams Weyland to me whenever he’s on screen:

http://images.tvrage.com/cguide/194/8953.jpg

This actor would play such a good Weyland exec. Hope they tap him for the Netrunner feature film. Possibly Spielberg or Scorsese in the director’s chair.

10 Likes

Hostile/NAPD is a huge nonbo. I know you probably won’t score out Hostile unless it’s your last point, but you still don’t want to touch the damn thing becase it’l clog up your hand until then. Also, Adnois is probably worth it - Never been a big fan of root, and you can save inf by using interns for recursion rather than Archived - the only thing the archived won’t get back for you is Trick of Light

Okay everyone, I’ve been working on blue sun again. It hasn’t been fine tuned for the kate matchup at all but so far this shell looks very competitive. GFI, assassin, and support really breathe new life into blue sun. I’m so excited for these cards. Take it for a spin and tell me how the different matchups feel.

RIP EBC

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (9)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (10)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Launch Campaign (Data and Destiny)
2x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)

Barrier (7)
2x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
3x Hive (Double Time)
1x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
1x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (5)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]••••[/color]
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (5)
2x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)

Multi (1)
1x Orion (Order and Chaos)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

14 Likes

The agenda suite is identical to what I’m looking at right now. It feels great, and is almost certainly worth losing a Tollbooth for. Assassin is great. Public Support is great.

I’m really surprised that you’re using Launch Campaign. I’m not sure that those and DBS are worth losing Adonis. Losing the EBC also hurts the Valencia matchup. I’m skeptical, but I’ll give it a go.

Something I’m looking at is using some of the flex slots for GRDNL Refineries. Bait Kate through, wasting Lady or fuel an Ash.

2 Tollbooth, 2 DBS, 2 Ash… AND 2 food? Influence… spread… so… luxurious… can’t… concentrate…

Any initial impressions of Launch Campaign? My knee-jerk reaction (admittedly without ever having played Launch Campaign) is to swap it for Private Contracts. It’s obviously more click-intensive, but with potential for a much larger pay-out and much more of a pain for the Runner to trash at 5 credits. My Lanri/Glacier hybrid that didn’t have deck slots for Boot Camp always ran a 1x of Adonis and 2x of Private Contracts to make up for the inability to tutor Adonis.

I tried with prico before switching to launch campaign. It’s wayyyyyy slower. I only ended up being able to click it about once per turn. If you could only run one copy, prico would be the choice because of trash cost, but 3x launch offsets the trash problem. I’m not 100% on launch+DBS over adonis anyway. As always the answer is just to get more games in.

[quote=“CrimsonWraith, post:409, topic:3664, full:true”] My Lanri/Glacier hybrid that didn’t have deck slots for Boot Camp always ran a 1x of Adonis and 2x of Private Contracts to make up for the inability to tutor Adonis.
[/quote]

Honest question- what made the 2x private contracts better than just filling those slots with 2x bootcamp? Not having interns to recur adonis?

Also, to get back on topic, Launch Campaign feels like an Eve campaign without any of her downsides, in blue sun. I haven’t tested it yet, but it starts paying off almost immediately and doesn’t clog the scoring server or require a seperate remote. The low trash is rough in R&D but if you stick it behind a curtain wall/tollbooth, it’s not like it’d be easy to trash once installed (and I’ve gotten used to having my private contracts imped lately)

hm. id be interested to know how your testing goes with what seem to be slow cards in public support and launch campaign. i’ve been doing everything i can to speed the deck up. going long against noise is just no fun.

I think the right call is to put Adonis and EBC back in over launch+DBS.

It just seems insane not to run EBC when your extras can literally tutor up points via Public Support.

1 Like

This agenda suite is fuckin baller elite.

16 Likes

The Launch Campaigns just seem so slow for the money, though. One money less a turn is a big deal. Also, one of the things I liked about the Adonis was that it makes the runner really want to run my shitty taxing remote, but I don’t know if I’d feel the same way as the runner if it was a Launch inside that remote. I guess I’d feel less pressured to want to pull it back to my hand if I wanted to score a top-decked agenda, though. I’d probably just install over the top of it, knowing there’s 2 more and 2 interns left if I really wanted it back, so that’s an upside, I suppose.

Anyhow, how’s the lack of the Adonis/Bootcamp package feeling for you?

Hmmm. It appears I misspoke. I just pulled up my old builds and apparently I never ran 2x Private Contracts. I ran 1x Adonis and 1x Private Contracts because I felt a 1x of PC was more useful than a 1x of EBC. My most recent build (before I eventually dropped the scorch package and just played boot camp glacier) ran 2x Adonis and 1x Private Contracts.

In any case, I’m leaning back towards EBC now. I like the idea of using extra EBCs to tutor for Public Support. I just can’t seem to put down my silly new NEH decks to go test Blue Sun. >_<

2 Likes

What are everyone’s thoughts on keeping Adonis+EBC shell over Launch+DBS so we can run a 1-of tutorable Contract Killer to deal with FC and Kati?

Also up for consideration is Corporate Town since Public Support scores itself and can power it. I’m eyeing Corporate Town as a good way to respond to the resource-board-flooding anarch (Noise). Thoughts going forward?

Corporate Town may also be a viable solution for the DLR mill decks going around at the moment (DLR + Fall Guy + Paparazzi + WNP).

Corporate Town is an interesting idea for sure. But do we need to worry about it clogging up the remote? Is a 2nd remote viable?

All suggestions above seem entirely playable. Corptown is particularly interesting with public support; someone go test for me how much that helps in the noise matchup. It’ll be better with the adonis package since that one has slots already dedicated to EBC.

Launch instead of adonis really just changes the entire tempo of the gameplan. Sure it’s less money but the rez cost (and the 3x) also makes it way easier to get going early, and the rate (4 cred per click vs adonis’s 6 or 9) is still respectable. I think of it as a repeatable hedge fund that’s easy for the runner to disrupt – it’s not really comparable to eve campaign or anything. The upside is that DBS has a much much higher value than usual in this deck - letting you spam OAI over and over and find your 1-of tech cards before the endgame. Yall should try it out both ways.

1 Like

Also with multiple Launch in the deck and the new play style, I found myself much more comfortable purging virus against Noise.
I’ve been trying corp town in different build for a few games. It’s hard to justify its performance.
One copy of it, you normally can’t find it and it’s awkward to tutor for especially in Noise MU where you almost always want to tutor for Jackson.
( Although I’d love to see what Noise reaction will be when he sees the reveal of corp town from bootcamp. )
Two copy of it works fine but it’s hard to find the slots.

What I can tell is
Mills/Killer/Corp Town/Power Shutdown are all our weapons and they are all good, but somehow you can only pick one of them. Two of them will be nuts but it will come with a price that compromise your econ package.
Definitely worth testing for :blush: #teamBlueSun

8 Likes

#teambluesun

3 Likes