Today I published this list:
Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora) •••
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••••
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
2x Knight (Mala Tempora) ••••
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
2x Grappling Hook (Honor and Profit) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Honor and Profit
Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.
Yes, I know there’s no Dinosaurus, but I couldn’t resist the sweet name.
The synergies between Overmind, CT, Deep Red, E3, Grappling Hook, Test Run, Scavenge, Clone Chip, and Knight looked too good to me to just ignore. I feel like there are numerous combos in that list of cards that will come up in any given game, and I think Deep Red plus CT is the most effective way to maximize the odds of getting a huge pile of counters on Overmind.
I’m hoping Knight combined with Deep Red, E3, and/or Grappling Hook is enough to break most high-strength ice that would be prohibitive for Overmind. And Grappling Hook + E3 breaks anything once.
Things I’m not sure about:
- Is 3x Diesel enough draw? It seems like it should be OK between CT’s deck size and 3x SMC for tutoring.
- Will I be overtaxing my Clone Chips? 3x CC and 3x Scavenge is quite a bit of recursion in a 40-card deck, so I hope not, but you never know.
- Should there be a Levy? The thing I like about the Overmind / Deep Red / Knight plan is that you can run out of the gate with an Overmind or a Knight, but keep running later in the game when you have E3 and/or Grappling Hook out.
- No Plascrete. I want 2x. What should I cut? I’m not crazy about my resource econ; should I cut 2x Kati and go with 3x Armitage over 3x Casts? It seems like Overmind wants burst econ, but I also want to not die to Scorched Earth.
- Can this become competitive, or is it just a bunch of cute stuff that works nicely together? That will require testing, which I won’t be doing much of until after next week’s monthly tournament at FFG.
I’d love some input on this. It’s less polished than what people normally share here, but I figured that if Overmind is as intriguing to anyone else here as it is to me, we might be able to get a conversation going.