Today I published this list:
Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)
15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Honor and Profit
Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.
Yes, I know there’s no Dinosaurus, but I couldn’t resist the sweet name.
The synergies between Overmind, CT, Deep Red, E3, Grappling Hook, Test Run, Scavenge, Clone Chip, and Knight looked too good to me to just ignore. I feel like there are numerous combos in that list of cards that will come up in any given game, and I think Deep Red plus CT is the most effective way to maximize the odds of getting a huge pile of counters on Overmind.
I’m hoping Knight combined with Deep Red, E3, and/or Grappling Hook is enough to break most high-strength ice that would be prohibitive for Overmind. And Grappling Hook + E3 breaks anything once.
Things I’m not sure about:
- Is 3x Diesel enough draw? It seems like it should be OK between CT’s deck size and 3x SMC for tutoring.
- Will I be overtaxing my Clone Chips? 3x CC and 3x Scavenge is quite a bit of recursion in a 40-card deck, so I hope not, but you never know.
- Should there be a Levy? The thing I like about the Overmind / Deep Red / Knight plan is that you can run out of the gate with an Overmind or a Knight, but keep running later in the game when you have E3 and/or Grappling Hook out.
- No Plascrete. I want 2x. What should I cut? I’m not crazy about my resource econ; should I cut 2x Kati and go with 3x Armitage over 3x Casts? It seems like Overmind wants burst econ, but I also want to not die to Scorched Earth.
- Can this become competitive, or is it just a bunch of cute stuff that works nicely together? That will require testing, which I won’t be doing much of until after next week’s monthly tournament at FFG.
I’d love some input on this. It’s less polished than what people normally share here, but I figured that if Overmind is as intriguing to anyone else here as it is to me, we might be able to get a conversation going.