I’ve been working on this deck for a little while, and I need some advice on where to take it:
Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)
- 3x Diesel (Core Set)
- 2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••••
- 1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
- 1x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
- 3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
- 2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
- 2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
- 2x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)
- 1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
- 3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
- 2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
- 3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
- 1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
- 2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
- 1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
- 1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
- 2x Mimic (Core Set) ••
- 2x Refractor (First Contact)
- 1x Switchblade (Up and Over) ••
- 3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••
- 3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
- 2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
- 2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source
Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
It’s an outgrowth of my Mass Install experiments, but as the program-percentage of the deck has gone down, the Mass Installs and Freelance Coding Contracts went away. Basically the idea is that “nearly everything is easy mark” (my friend calls his variant “Dollarshop Kate”) when you have Aesop’s out. If you’re clicking ProCon for draws, that’s 4 creds and a card every 2 clicks. Cache is 7 credits over 2 clicks, which is especially nice.
- The rig you’re aiming for is a fracter + Mimic + Refractor + Cloaks/Datasuckers as they come available. If the corp starts putting down big or taxing sentries, reconfigure into Switchblade and Gordian Blade.
- Plascrete is your meat damage plan, and Levy is your net damage plan. If you’re not expecting to need to run the deck again, use the SoT to land another Legwork or Maker’s Eye.
- Plan to sell the Earthrise Hotels after 2 turns. 4 cards for a click and 1 credit, delivered at a manageable rate, is pretty nice.
- Be prepared to sell anything. Sell Refractor, install Refractor. Sell Cloak to install Cloak. Sell Corroder for Lady - it’s a free upgrade and you’ll save a lot in break costs. Sell Lady when she’s empty. Sell Lady for Corroder. Sell! Sell! Sell!
Problems (here’s where I’d like advice):
- The deck really struggles if it can’t hit an early ProCon. Earthrise and Diesel help smooth things out but it’s not great.
- I can’t decide whether to use Akamatsu or CyberSolutions chips. Akamatsu fits the deck better, but a 6MU rig is still a bit squashy when you need to fit 3 breakers, 1-2 Cloaks and Datasuckers and have space to run Caches. I want to run 2x Astrolabe because of all the remote play going on, and that means that I have to hit 2/2 mem chips to have enough space. I could switch to Dyson chips and swap the Gordian for a Keymaster? I’ve rejected Leprechaun because it’s got order-of-install issues, is still +1 net MU for 2c and isn’t any good if I go for Parasite (see below). About the only thing in its favour is that it can hold a late SMC to be sold.
- I’m considering swapping the Earthrises (even though the cheap draw is really nice) for Ghost Runners, so I can overwrite or sell the Cloaks if I have to.
- The deck feels a bit slow to set up, and I have trouble applying early pressure. I often find myself trying to dig up a killer before I feel safe and SMCing Mimic for 5 sucks.
- The deck isn’t good at surging credits during its turn, so if the corp tries to go for a scoring window there’s no play like Stimhack or Siphon to surprise them. Previous versions had Box-E and FCC, which was cute, but I find that I’m putting a lot of my programs through the pawnshop anyway.
- Switchblade is great against Tsurugi/Komainu, but maybe it’s better replaced by Dagger and the influence turned into Parasite? I’d need to cram in some Clone Chips though.