[Chaos Theory] The Forgotten Shaper Child

Doesn’t that speak to the real problem of CT tho? Her ability. That extra mu just doesn’t cut it compared to an extra install or even shaking a tag. I genuinely love Stimshop CT, but her ability doesn’t play at the moment.

I agree, since the release of Cortez Lock, it’s also become much more dangerous to facecheck and be more agressive early game.

What does a good stimshop list look like these days? My opinion is that it’s been struggling since high strength sentries started getting played regularly in glacier.

1 Like

I’m trying out this deck I saw a few weeks back.

Brain chip allows you to same old thing stimhacks And the levy allows you to pull the stimhacks back in. It’s neat. I’m trying to tune it more to my style, but brain chip an is interesting inclusion.

3 Likes

Fyaaaaallllllllll

I’ve been having some mild success with a deck I threw together loosely based on Art Thief.

It’s not fast, but it if you don’t go making runs or stealing agendas when it’s going to lead to your life getting ruined by tags, it can be pretty brutal. Paperclip has natural synergy with the stimshop archetype, and a mopus econ starts to look pretty good when you have 6 clicks per turn.

Girl Power Stimshop

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (7)

Hardware (6)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (8)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I like the idea of the deck, but Rachel seems super unappealing with all the tag storm decks floating around. I would either replace her with another MO (since drawing it early is so critical to the deck functioning) or a third Hyperdriver to give yourself an extra power turn.

That’s definitely true, it really sucks to lose Rachel. I normally don’t install her until I have NACH on the table and a comfortable credit pool, so that I’m pretty sure I won’t get tagged. Even then, I’d also like to have a film critic out (to keep NACH from trashing) if i’m not on game point or close to it.

Also- installing Rachel with Stimhack + Artist colony is BANANAS-level tempo.

Keep in mind, against CtM, the tag from that trace is not preventable, so NACH doesn’t help there.

Yeah, installing Rachel against CtM is a pretty bad investment.

I might go -1 Rachel, +1 Turning Wheel. Or I could swap Rachel and Paperclip for Corroder and Legwork.Beckman is great, but unless you can get her out with a stimhack + artist colony, you’re looking at a full turn of mopus-clicks to recoup the install cost.

Could also potentially drop Levy and SoT for another Magnum Opus and Hyperdriver- it feels a little bit like a crutch to me and I would like to be able to do without it. Starting with a mopus in hand is a big help, and hyperdriver is great to speed up the early game.

Still very much a work-in-progress, thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

I think dripping Beckmann and paperclip for corroder and legwork is strong. Maybe HD interface? (???)

Maybe an employee strike for the tough match ups (IG, CtM, etc)

Sorry for the double post. I guess I’ll take the opportunity to post my variation on this thing.

My Whole Deck Smells Like a Stimshop Class

Event (11)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Stimhack (Core Set) ●●●
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (6)
1x Brain Chip (Data and Destiny) ●●●
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (10)
2x Artist Colony (Kala Ghoda)
3x Fan Site (Old Hollywood)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ●●
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ●●
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda) ●●
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Program (6)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) ●●
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB

It’s both bad and good against CtM. Good in that it has a source of money that’s untrashable, bad in that you mostly don’t have the money to trash everything you want/need. It’s not amazing, and its influence hungry. I’m working on fitting employee strike into it.

I’m totally biased towars Siphon CT and this is my latest build. Against CtM I just hope and pray I can keep their cash low with Siphon and trash everything out there. The biggest worry is Closed Accounts.

On a side note, I adore Beth. She’ll go into ever shaper I make from now on. It’s just a nice catch up mechanic and solid value at parity.

Oh and Rumor Mill is a good card against glacier.

Siphon Kitten

Event (17)

Hardware (5)

Resource (7)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (6)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

No posts since Aug 16 and rotation coming soon.

So how does a Shaper cope with asset spam?

Install Astrolabe, make the corp draw your deck for you. Then there are several viable plans (Dyper combos, temporary rig + Apoc to reset the board, Clot lock + DDM/Legwork) to score once you have all those cards. Unfortunately neither of those plans synergizes well with CT, that’s why we see mostly Ayla, Kate or Hayley in strong Shaper decks.

1 Like

Been experimenting with this version of Chaos Theory as rotation looms.

Hyper Child

Event (16)

Hardware (5)

Resource (7)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (7)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Free Mars