Chronos Protocol - You don't need that card do you?

Yes! I played a kind of rigshooter Chronos recently with Hatchet Job and Neural EMP to ping breakers.

This was in the weird C2R but not-yet-C2RB meta so I had both Bioethics and Obokata.

Unfortunately I’m working from memory here as I did not save the decklist but I also had Snares, Ark Lockdown, Synth DNA Modification, Kakugo…

The deck did surprisingly well. Most opponents died to double or triple Neural after stealing an Obokata, so the ability was not always relevant, but the additional threat posed by Hatchet Job was fun.

This is the build I’m trying out right now. It went 5 for 5 on jnet casual, though a couple of those wins were people intentionally flatlining on the obokata steal because they felt like they couldn’t win. There’s almost certainly too much net damage prevention in the meta for this to be competitive. Still needs a good bit of polishing-- I would love to get in a couple Best Defense, and I could probably drop a vanilla or two for an ETR sentry. Econ is a little slim but do-able, feels like Hatchet Job (a new addition) should probably be reserved for cases where it sets up a game-winning play, as the likely econ hit will be really hard to recover from.

a bad cp deck

Chronos Protocol: Selective Mind-mapping (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Agenda (10)

Asset (3)

Operation (21)

Barrier (7)

Code Gate (4)

• 2x Aiki (Blood Money)
  • 2x Enigma (Revised Core Set)

Sentry (4)

14 influence spent (max 15, available 1)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Aiki’s a fantastic little piece of ice in here. :+1:

I didnt run Breached Dome in mine because I reasoned that if it’s not net damage I don’t want it. Snare would be better, eh? Is it the econ that worries?

I’d been running Swordsman in almost every deck since Turtle appeared, but I’ve recently found that Macrophage accomplishes the same job and often more disastrously so for the runner. With Faust gone, AI hate really means virus hate. So Swordsman out, Macrophage in for me (shame as I have a playset of lovely Swordsman alt arts).

Breached dome is partially due to tight econ and partially for discouraging farming archives for turtle counters. Plus, with less Levy in the meta, it helps grind the runner’s stack down to the point where stealing obokata gets dodgy. Losing shock was a real bummer for chronos protocol.

Good idea with swordsman->macrophage. My thought was that while macrophage can (largely) shut off access to a single server with turtle, swordsman can open a scoring window. In practice, that hasn’t really been the case, and having a soft counter to Tapwrm seems like a reasonable move.

Aiki is kind of annoying with Obokata-- I’ve learned not to put it on the remote, but twice last night it facilitated HQ steals of obokata. Once the psi game let the runner draw and the second net hit IHW, for a net draw of 3, which was kind of funny.

I think I’m going to try to make space for a couple Ben Musashi and another Salem’s Hospitality. I rarely can pull off a neural flatline, and having neural-salem’s-neural as another way to kill the runner from 2 cards in grip seems like it would open up some options.

So I’ll probably swap swordsman for macrophage, drop a breached dome for ben musashi, maybe drop a cortex lock for another salem’s? Not sure. Slots are tight!