Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

Yes, four packs of 10.

1 Like

Results of Day 14

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Ichi 2.0 was the ominating choice at 57% of the vote. The other bioroid, Viktor 2.0 came in second at 29%.

On the runner side, Vamp coasted to victory with 67% of the vote and no real competition.

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 2 Pick 6 (5 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/kJTpz

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (3+5)
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (6)
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (3)
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (2+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Runner Pack 2 Pick 6 (5 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/ts821

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(3+3)
1x Knight
1x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(2)
1x Spinal Modem
1x R&D Interface

Resource(2+2)
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(5)
1x Vamp
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

C: Hunter. Hard to break, cheap to rez, kind of facecheck punishment. Should mention here that itā€™s not so easy to build resourseless deck in draft format.

R: Not so much great options here. Kraken or darwin. WiRD ussually is free action for corp, without more support like nerve agent siphon etc I prefer to see it in opposite deck. Kraken is very situational, nut may be it will shine in this format, not sure. Darwin actually is pretty cool, would like to draft sucker and may be e3 for him of course. But from this options I vote for him.

corp: TGTBT or Hunter, toss up, personally i like agendas in drafts though

runner: darwin i guess? more ai is always good

Another Darwin seems great for our runner deck, the other cards are all pretty bad.

For corp all the cards are kinda bad / situational and not sure any will make our deck. TGTBT/Akitaro/Psychographics seems like the most playable choices.

Akitaro is a dead draw unless you get him early (and then he is only OK since we are unlikely to have more than 2-3 ICE on any server even in a longer game). TGTBT is most likely to make it into our deck and helps making our closed accounts playable but otherwise not a great agenda. Psychographics is more of a counterpick so that other players wonā€™t have tag punishment, since we cannot support it with our current cards.

My pick is TGTBT.

Runner pack is pretty bad, Darwin seems the only playable card in it, but I doubt we will play two of it. I pick it only to reduce options for the next players.

In Corp, I think it is between Hunter and TGTBT, hoping we will need to play neither. I vote Hunter : I donā€™t think we may be desperate for more agenda in the end, but we might be desperate for more ICE.

I like Hunter. Makes our Closed Accounts more of a threat, and is really annoying for a runner to play though.

Kraken is my runner pick. Another Darwin seems excessive when weā€™ve got Djinn to tutor the first. Ice destruction is scary and could be our ticket back into R&D if we get blocked there but manage to Stimhack into a remote to grab an Agenda, or get lucky on HQ access.

How many people are voting on a given day?

I agree with both Hunter and Kraken. Kraken is much better in Draft when the Corp has fewer Ice, and there are fewer reliable Breakers as well. Hunter just because itā€™s a cheap rez that sticks a tag on a facecheck. Not the best, but thereā€™s not much else in the pack and maybe it sets up a CA or a resource snipe.

It varies, but generally 30-50 vote. (So yeah, your vote totally matters)

Kraken is already pretty situational in constructed, I donā€™t see it being very useful when weā€™re going to steal even fewer agendas per game (only 6 points and default 5/3).

2 Likes

Agreed. This runner pack is full of crap at this point ;). I guess I take the other darwin to deny it to others or the Networking because thereā€™s been a fair amount of tagging that we didnā€™t grab. Corp side is Akitaro, hands-down. Econ + a upgrade. Upgrades are strong.

Results of Day 15

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Hunter was the pick with 59% of the vote. TGBT came in at a distant second.

On the runner side, Darwin was the easy pick at 63% of the vote.

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 2 Pick 7 (4 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/FRbYv

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (3+5)
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (7)
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (3)
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (2+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Runner Pack 2 Pick 7 (4 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/41RPG

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(4+3)
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(2)
1x Spinal Modem
1x R&D Interface

Resource(2+2)
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(5)
1x Vamp
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

The call here is between Quality Time and Femme. Femme is excellent with Test Run and Personal Workshop and Stimhack, but all those cards are already going to be doing a lot of work in this deck. Quality Time is the only pseudo-economy card left and reduces the burden on Test Run. It gives some much needed draw power that will help us find Magnum more quickly, or the Test Run to find Magnum.

Muckraker and Midseasons would be better with more tag punishment than a single closed accounts, but these cards really miss the Making News trace creds. Data Mine seems like a ludicrous pick, but at least we can bluff with it and maybe, if we are lucky, knock a single copy of something important out of the Grip.

1 Like

C: Not very exciting. Muckraker is sentry etr. My vote for him. There is no andromeda with base link 1 neither mimic (or it is?). Anyway the rest is worser.

R: Quality Time! Definetly my voice for it. Draw engine is what we missing till now.

good runner picks, I can see arguments for both femme and QT.

corpside i think we go with muckraker, we donā€™t have enough money for a good midseasons, but weā€™ll probably pick up 1-2 more tag punishment cards in the next few packs, and in a 34 card deck thatā€™s all you need. the other cards are pretty mediocre

We donā€™t need another Data Mine, but Muckraker might make the deck.
Midseasons get a lot worse when playing to six points even if we somehow where to grab double scorched or similar in the upcoming packs.

So, Quality Time is kinda expensive and generally draw us too many cards since we wonā€™t be running that many events.
Femme Fatale on a Workshop is great, and combos nicely with the Atman/Knight for a rig.

But we have Personal Workshop.

Classic play is Quality Time, Install, Host, Host.

Corp side should be Muckracker as it is very good taxing ice in a draft. Avoiding tags with no link it is 6 cred to run through and still 3 credits with 1 link. It is 5 credits just to break the etr sub with Pipeline (8 to break all). All in all this is not shabby for the 7th pick of a pack.

Runner side I am really tempted to take Femme, but I would go with QT for the reasons striatic gave.

Iā€™m with everybody else for Quality Time.

On the other hand, Iā€™m not sure why weā€™re not giving Midseasons a bit more of a chance. Yes, we have limited tag punishment. But this gives us a chance to pick up a bit more (especially since we picked up Hunter last time, so weā€™re getting better at tagging). And being able to trash resources at will would be might be useful.

I accept that Midseasonā€™s utility is generally going to be pretty low. But itā€™s gotta be better than a second Data Mine.