Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

C:Agrresive secretary in draft format is a beast! Even 1 counter can make the game. And I defenitly don’t want to pass it next with our runner deck with MO and no expose cards.
R:Quality Time. More draw is always good.

1 Like

Agree that Aggressive Secretray is great in draft, but if our opponents know we play it (which seems likely considering it will probably be posted in here) it gets worse even if it’s still playable. I hope any other player that have been taking sneak peeks at our picks will post their decklist before any games :wink:

1 Like

Agree with both Gozik and Ilza that Aggressive Secretary is great in draft, which makes it my pick.

I’m not sure how much worse this would be. Having opponents know you might be packing an Aggressive Secretary may temper some of their enthusiasm for running in the early midgame.

Runner side (for completeness): Quality Time.

It wouldn’t be that bad if our opponents knew we had secretary if we had several other cards that need IA or IAA, but with most of our agendas as 2/3 it gets much easier to spot or decide it’s not worth the risk of hitting it. On the other hand it might make Haas Arcology AI playable ^^;

I’m going to put in a pitch for Viktor 2.0.

Viktor 2.0 is the most taxing Ice EtR Code Gate in Netrunner, with an average breaker cost of 5.64, which is better even than Tollbooth. The only 5 cost EtR of any type that has a more more taxing average is Hive, which becomes less taxing as the game goes on.

Of course it is possible to click through Viktor, but 2 clicks is a heavy price. It is a little less taxing if the Runner accepts brain damage, but that is a heavy price to save a credit or so.

It is one of the few EtR Ice where the average cost to break is higher than its install cost.

Aggressive Secretary is an excellent card, and the Pet Project is solid as well - these cards might be better than Viktor given the cards we’ve already selected and for the draft format… but I don’t want people to just glance at Viktor 2.0 and sluff it off as just another Ice. It is extremely effective and somewhat unique in the amount of value it provides for its cost.

1 Like

Yeah–I wasn’t thinking about our opponents also knowing our agenda breakdown. :frowning:

If we’re taking about Viktor 2, you can’t click through the ETR and take the brain - as a 2.0, it’s an “all or nothing” kind of deal.

Just because I say the Ice is less taxing if you take the brain damage, doesn’t mean I’m saying it is less taxing in terms of clicks.

Well yeah, but pumping up to strength is the taxing part, not breaking the one extra sub. I mean, if you have 2 or more link, sure… but otherwise it would seem kinda weird (unless that one credit is the difference between a win and a loss, but I’d consider that too fringe a case to seriously bother with it in analysis).

While I do think Victor 2.0 is really good (and in draft I like his little brother as well), 2 clicks is actually not that expensive in a draft format (I would say it’s about 3 credits) so you need some other bioroids to get good use of him. Now we actually have two other bioroids that we will play but that’s probably one or two short from what we would like to get the best use of Victor. With that said we can already just play a Hunter instead of any ICE we pick while we do need some more utility / agendas which is why I didn’t consider Victor 2.0 a choice in this pack.

One credit is often the difference between a win and a loss. It isn’t a fringe case. I won a game a few days ago by skipping the brain damage sub on a Viktor 2.0 to save Stimhack credits. I lost a game a couple days before that, skipping the brain damage in order to get a last shot at R&D.

Lots of games are determined by having or not having a single credit at a particular time.

Anyway, after all that about Viktor 2.0, I’m going to select Aggressive Secretary.

Right now we are probably going with an agenda scheme that looks something like this:

1x 3/5, 1x 2/4, 4x 2/3, 1x 1/2

A single advanced Aggressive Secretary will look like the 2/4, and I prefer single advancing traps to double advancing them anyway. We can also single advance 2/3s to score the next turn and immediately install another agenda if we want to rush. Any single advanced asset could reasonably be an agenda from the point of view of the runner even if they know the complete contents of our deck.

Program trashing is awesome, and having a single trap to keep the runner guessing on our 2/4 makes the 2/4 that much better… and of course double advancing to bluff the 3/5 is an option too, especially if 3 points would be game.

On the Runner side there is so much to choose from. I really want to pick Nerve Agent to keep the Corp honest on HQ when we have less money than they do and Vamp isn’t a credible threat. With the Dyson Mem Chip pick I think there is MU for it as well. A second Quality Time is really good though, I have a feeling that 2 Quality Time won’t ever be used, but having 2 makes it more likely to get early, which is when we want to see it. A second Keyhole means getting a potential win condition earlier in the game, but the risk of it being a dead draw isn’t worth it, considering that there’s always the option of tutoring for it.

I’m going with Quality Time because the Runner needs to use economy to draw, and things that make drawing easier or faster are important to have in duplicate.

Speaking of which, for some reason the first Quality Time we picked isn’t in the card list.

1 Like

Results of Day 27

Picks:

Aggressive Secretary was the corp pick, with 50% of the vote.

Quality Time was the runner pick, with 62% of the vote.

This brings your current drafts to look like:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (7+5)
1x Astroscript Pilot Program
1x Project Vitruvius
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (15)
1x Tollbooth
1x Datapike
1x Wall of Thorns
1x Data Raven
1x Paper Wall
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
2x Muckracker
1x Eli 1.0
2x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (7)
1x Sweeps Week
1x Foxfire
1x Restructure
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (4+2)
1x Aggressive Secretary
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai
2x Private Contracts

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(7+3)
1x Alpha
1x Sharpshooter
1x Crypsis
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(5)
1x Datasucker
1x Self-Modifying code
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(7)
1x Personal Touch
1x Dyson Mem Chip
1x Clone Chip
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(6+2)
1x Public Sympathy
1x Same Old Thing
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(9)
2x Quality Time
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
2x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 4 Pick 5 (6 cards)

1 Geothermal Fracking
1 Gila Hands Arcology
1 Shock!
1 Viper
1 Flare •••
1 Shadow

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/LR7sM

Runner Pack 4 Pick 5 (6 cards)

1 Public Sympathy
1 Same Old Thing
1 The Source ••
1 Deus X
1 Mimic
1 ZU.13 Key Master ••

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/PeJuX

C: Gila hands arcology, seriously, we need 1 more agenda point and we no longer have 5/3s. shock is ok, the ice is decent, but we’re good on ice, just finish the agenda suite

R: The Source is really strong with keyhole. SOT is the runner up for me

This must have beena really strong corp-pack, five of the six cards are all pretty good. We don’t need the Fracking but Gila hands, Shock!, Viper and Shadow would all make our deck. Now with the Aggressive Secretary I think swapping the last Priority Req for our Efficency Committee is somewhat of a downgrade and limits our play options. Had this not been the case I would be happy to take the Gila Hands here. Since we already have a lot of low-strength codegates I don’t think Viper is the pick either. A toss-up between Shock! and Shadow, going with the Shock! for my vote.

For our runner I see Mimic as a surprise gift, it’s a very efficient breaker for some ICE that we otherwise have some trouble with (low strength sentries with several subroutines like Tsurugi) and also gives us a breaker for Swordsman.
Don’t think we want another Same Old Thing with so few events and Source becomes a lot less useful when fast-advance is scarce and bigger agendas see play.

The lists for our current cardpool are almost correct now, just missing the autopicks from pack 3 for the runner (Public Sympathy, Personal Touch, Alpha).

1 Like

C: Shadow is great taxing ice. And it perfectly fits our corp deck. Viper is closely second in my rating.

R: A lot of great cards. The sourse is not so good in draft due to lack of hard fast advance. Sot, mimic and ZU are pretty nice picks. My vote for mimic, not sure still what is the best.

If the Agenda Spread is either

1x 3/5, 1x 2/4, 4x 2/3, 1x 1/2
or
2x 2/4, 4x 2/3, 1x 1/3, 1x 1/2

Then either way there are still 2 agendas that Aggressive Secretary will look like. The second spread is actually better in a way because it’ll mean single advancing Aggressive Secretary instead of double advancing it - which is less of an econ and tempo sacrifice if the runner doesn’t take the bait.

Also, either way the runner needs to steal 3 or 4 agendas to win. Under the top spread there was the possibility of only needing to score 3 agendas even if one of them was a 1 pointer, but in practice I think most of the time with Hostile Takeover scored you’re not going to be seeing the Priority Requisition and end up scoring in a 2,1,2,2 or 1,2,2,2 or 2,2,1,2 pattern anyway. Tossing a 1/3 into a remote without a 3/5 around somewhere is a pretty low risk play since we know the runner still needs 3 more agendas to win, whereas with a 3/5 it’d possibly be 2.

What it comes down to for me, is the text printed on the agendas. Would I rather get the ability of Priority Requisition or Efficiency Committee, all things being equal? Would I rather have the ability of Geothermal Fracking or Priority Requisition? or Gila Hands?

For me, Efficiency Committee, Geothermal Fracking and Gila Hands Arcology are better, less situational economy cards than Priority Requisition and I’d rather play that trio than include a 3 pointer.

Shock! is solid but in a meta where we’ve pulled a Keyhole and a Datasucker from the pool is more of a hate draft than directly useful. Shadow is solid Economy and Tag threat. Everything else is too expensive, too niche or too redundant. In the battle between Shadow and Gila Hands I think Gila Hands gets a very slight edge as an economy card due to its dependability, so Gila Hands Arcology it is by a hair.

On the Runner side, Knight can answer Wraparound well enough, but we have no answer for Swordsman. Mimic not only deals with that niche but deadly scenario, but with Djinn/Datasucker and the additional MU we just picked up Mimic is easy to play and a useful breaker in almost every matchup.

I do like Deus X to go along with Sharpshooter, and ZU.13 is very good with Datasucker as well, especially with Dyson Mem Chip around. Same Old Thing is an amazing card but we don’t have a ton of events we’d want to reuse with it since eventually we will run out of programs worth using Test Run on. Having effectively x3 Test Run sounds great but in a 30 card deck with x2 Quality Time I think we’ll be fine. Test Run isn’t great with Same Old Thing anyway, since you only get 2 “free use” clicks, not 3. Reusing Stimhack too many times is foolhardy, Vamp situational, Quality Time unnecessary.

We’d be so much better off if the if any of these cards came back around to us, even The Source, but it’ll be Public Sympathy again and we don’t need 2 so it is a cut for sure. Oh well. Mimic and Datasucker are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Mimic it is.

1 Like

I agree with you about that it’s the agenda text that’s important but I’m not sure I would rate all those agendas over Priority Req. For me Efficency Committee is by far the worst agenda of the bunch. Also the same logic that you use about Hostile Takeover can be said about Gila Hands, even if you score it it’s not sure that you will see the Hostile Takeover and then you will end up having to score seven points anyway.

But as I said in my earlier post, I consider this pick to be very close and we can’t go very wrong with any of these cards.

Doesn’t having a single 5/3 and a single 2/1 improve our win-condition as well? I think Gila Hands is a waste, and a single Shock isn’t really going to provide much deterrence on any front.

My pick is Shadow, for the tax, the economy, and the tag!

I’m with everyone else on Mimic. Especially with our Datasucker

What he said.