Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

I’ll agree to disagree re: double operations in FA decks; if I want draw, I also rarely want to preclude install+advance on that turn, and if I’m missing something in hand I’ve almost always have a Jackson going (“Come at me, bro!”) to take heat from the runner anyway.

As we keep building, I agree Econ is important (esp. after our picks to date) but I’d privilege flexibility (Pop Up Window) over power in econ cards until we know more of our end product. Still, BLC is a lovely feeling to get off; it’s like the first turn all over again. :3

Results of Day Seven

Special Announcement: Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be out of town on a business trip and will return on Friday. This means that I will not be updating until Friday, giving you more time to vote and discuss this pick. Sorry for the interruption.

I was pretty suprised to see Power Shutdown wheel all the way back, and it was your pick at 76% of the vote.

On the runner side the versatility of Tinkering prevailed over Satellite Uplink with 78% of the vote.

On to the next picks.

Corporation Pack 1 Pick 8 (3 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/v2xPi

Current Corp Cards

• 1x Power Shutdown
  • 1x Red Herrings
  • 1x Pop Up Window
  • 1x Green Level Clearance
  • 1x Himitsu-Bako
  • 1x Eli 1.0
  • 1x Enigma
  • 2x Private Contracts
  • 5x Priority Requisition

Runner Pack 1 Pick 5 (4 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/X2eMd

Current Runner Cards

• 1x Tinkering
  • 1x Test Run
  • 1x Atman
  • 1x Spinal Modem
  • 1x Magnum Opus
  • 1x R&D Interface
  • 2x Armitage Codebusting
  • *1x Aurora *
  • 1x Pipeline
  • 1x Force of Nature

Additional Question on Formatting and Speed!

Should every single card (except for the last one) go up for a vote, or should we speed the process up and have the packs with 3 (2?) or less cards be auto drafted by someone like myself or @asroybal and then instantly move on to the next pack?

Edit: Under this system, I would post what was taken and what was passed, but then also post up the next pack for you to choose.

wat

i think we hate draft this

C: Closed accounts. Swarm is too expensive and Data hound is useless. Closed account can open window for scoring but will need some extracards. Not very strong pick but still tag punishment is pretty useful.

R: I would like to pick keyhole. This card can make the game so fast. Turn one testrunning it into open rnd is strong. Yes there are MU problems and we have picked Magnum Opus already but it 's still worth it imo.

1 Like

Is there a change in the draft? This current pack we last had at Pack 1 Pick 3 and should still be one player away from us.

So for those that plan on picking Closed Accounts, how do you expect to tag the runner?
A lot of the tagging cards have already passed us by (2x SEA Source, 1x Data Raven, 2x Draco) and several of the other tagging cards will be picked pretty high so we cannot count on seeing them (Shadow, Snare!, Muckraker).

I vote Swarm, it’s pretty expensive but very taxing and we have no high-end ICE yet.

I really want to take Swarm, like really really really, but it it is just over the edge of too expensive for its effect given our econ. Closed Accounts would be a lot better if Account Siphon were in the card pool, but apparently it is not so we will need a way to administer the tags ourselves. Closed Accounts could end up being a dead card if we can’t do that.

Despite the fact that Closed Accounts might be totally useless and cut from the final deck, Swarm misses the mark just enough that I chose Closed Accounts in order to open up some possibilities later.

Keyhole works so well with Test Run, like Gozik mentioned, that I think we should be opportunistic and draft it. We are going to need some cards rattling around the bottom of the toolbox and Keyhole with a means to fetch it can allow us to really go for the throat if the opportunity presents itself.

I think Gozik summed it up nicely.

Sneaky Sly, Inti links back to Data Hound (which may be a subtle hint :wink: ). I am fine with having the last couple of cards be auto-drafted.

I am all for speeding up the last picks as well.

I agree with the speeding up of the last picks.

I think Closed Accounts is the superior choice. Someone already mentioned that we should take tag punishment before taking tagging. If we don’t ever take tag punishment (especially when our choices are so limited), then will we ever take tagging? Swarm seems too expensive and too wonky to me. Plus, given the public format, if we never end up with another advanceable ice, everybody will know…

The test run/keyhole synergy seems good. But aren’t our previous arguments against keyhole still valid. With relatively inefficient breakers, how many times will we be able to run through R&D. And does having an RDI already make Keyhole a worse choice? I’m thinking Sahasrara. It’s the closest thing to an economy card available. And we’re light on economy on the runner side.

Contoversially I think Data Hound may be the best corp card left.
CA + whatever tagging option we get seems like we’ll just be waiting for some janky combo and potentially leave us with 2 dead cards.
Agreed with Swarm comments above about it being too expensive / telegraphed. Also Bad Pub. Bleh.

At least Data Hound is cheap, and in draft could hit key breakers or econ etc.

Come on people… the Data Hound revoultion starts here!

1 Like

On the runner side I think Keyhole wil give us memory issues, considering we have MO already. Also, we already have RDI so there’s anti-synergy there.

I’m leaning to Sahasisface. Also, more Shaper cards :stuck_out_tongue:

C: Data Hound (swarm too expensive, we have no tagging)
R: Sahasrara or Keyhole, either way. Leaning towards keyhole for that Test Run => Keyhole on open R&D nonsense.

Keyhole definitely feels like the pick there for runner. I wouldve taken it, except that I badly needed a different card in the pack. To be fair, the MU is an issue, but if you draft a couple mem chips then its an amazing way to end the game.

No one will be wanting to ice Archives much in draft, because there are almost no sneakdoors or datasuckers among the players.

For corp, Closed Accounts makes the most sense. In my experience you generally get a couple tagging ice as late picks, and you play them because you need ice, and then sometimes you dont have any way to punish the tag. I’m hoping you dont take it but I expect you will.

Given those other stellar options (Swarm? Data Hound?), I’d say Closed Accounts is a shoe-in.

I went for Closed Accounts and Keyhole, but we definitely need to keep our eyes open for a mem chip.

Results of Day Eight, Plus the Start of Pack 2

This is going to be a big update. We decided that for packs of 3 cards or less we will not be putting those cards up for vote but they will be picked by myself and @asroybal. This will speed the process up, and stops us from having days where everyone votes on two crappy cards.

First off the Corp Picks:

With 51% of the vote, Closed Accounts was the 8th corp pick.

The 9th pick was between Data Mine and Midori. In general I think that when you are drafting and choosing between subpar cards, a bad peice of ice is perferable to a bad upgrade. Bad ice can at least be played as bluffs early game to feign protection on a server, and sometimes you simply do not draft enough ice and need to get to a decent ice ratio with some subpar choices. Data Mine was the choice here.

The final corp card passed to use was Project Junebug. To me this is a completely fine last pick and could very well see play in our deck.

With that, here were our Corporation drafts for pack 1:

• 1x Project Junebug
  • 1x Data Mine
  • 1x Closed Accounts
  • 1x Power Shutdown
  • 1x Red Herrings
  • 1x Pop Up Window
  • 1x Himitsu-Bako
  • 1x Eli 1.0
  • 1x Enigma

The Runner Picks:

With 59% of the vote, Keyhole was your choice for this pack. While the MU cost is going to be a little tricky, on sheer power level alone this pick makes a lot of sense.

The next pick was between Darwin, Doppelganger, and Borrowed Satellite. Since we already have a Spinal Modem as our console, Darwin seemed to be the best choice. While I am no fan of him in Constructed, in Draft I suspect that Darwin gains significant value.

Our 9th pick was something of a suprise gift. I did not expect to have a Djinn make it’s way back to us at this late of a pick. Considering that Keyhole and Magnum Opus can be hosted in a Djinn, this was a no brainer.

The last card we were passed was the completely playable Access to Globalsec. I suspect this card is being underrated. There are a lot of tracing ice in this format.

With that, here were our Runner drafts for pack 1:

• 1x Access to GlobalSec
  • 1x Djinn
  • 1x Darwin
  • 1x Keyhole
  • 1x Tinkering
  • 1x Test Run
  • 1x Atman
  • 1x Spinal Modem
  • 1x Magnum Opus
  • 1x R&D Interface

**That was a lot to take in. On to the next packs! For these packs the passing order is switched. This means that Corp now passes to the right, and Runner now passes to the left. **

Corporation Pack 2 Pick 1 (10 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/g2YAZ

Current Corp Cards

• 1x Project Junebug
  • 1x Data Mine
  • 1x Closed Accounts
  • 1x Power Shutdown
  • 1x Red Herrings
  • 1x Pop Up Window
  • 1x Himitsu-Bako
  • 1x Eli 1.0
  • 1x Enigma
  • 2x Private Contracts
  • 5x Priority Requisition

Runner Pack 2 Pick 1 (10 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/dj8SG

Current Runner Cards

• 1x Access to GlobalSec
  • 1x Djinn
  • 1x Darwin
  • 1x Keyhole
  • 1x Tinkering
  • 1x Test Run
  • 1x Atman
  • 1x Spinal Modem
  • 1x Magnum Opus
  • 1x R&D Interface
  • 2x Armitage Codebusting
  • *1x Aurora *
  • 1x Pipeline
  • 1x Force of Nature

almost all of those runner cards are playable, but knight is an absolute monster. femme, daily casts and liberated are the runner ups to me (big effects are good in limited formats). the other option is pick femme, as one of the tricks to install it is likely to wheel, but i think we’re better off slamming knight

corp is between braintrust and archer. braintrust is the more stable pick, agendas are very important in draft, and it’ll be hard to spring an archer with nothing but 5/3s. that being said, picking up the archer, and hopefully picking up a couple low cost agendas gives us a really good option for winning the game, but we currently have no support for it.

paper wall is decent, and we can probably wheel midseason or muckraker if we want mass tagging

I think the runner deck needs Icebreakers and Knight works pretty well with our Atman/Darwin but Femme is great in general.
While I think Morningstar is pretty good in draft we already have Keyhole and Opus as memory hogs and should probably stay away from 2 MU programs when we have other solid picks.

I vote Knight!

The pack is very strong and we will wheel something good out of it, I expect that the next picks will be Femme/Morningstar/Liberated/Daily Casts (in no particular order) and then either Diesel or Modded (which leaves us with the other).

For corp we really need to start pick agendas if want to run anything other than Prio Reqs so my vote goes to Braintust. Any 3/2 is really good!

As for wheeling we will probably see Midseason, Data Mine, Cell Portal and Anonymous Tip. If we are lucky the Muckraker might wheel but I doubt it.

Very weak Corp pack, but very strong Runner pack. I vote Archer and Knight.

In general I feel that drafting agendas tends to be misguided. There’s a chance that we should draft Braintrust anyway given how weak this pack is, though-- even if we don’t go for a modified agenda gameplan, it denies a 3/2 to anyone who is going that route. Further, we could always use it to reduce agenda density.

Almost every card in the Runner pack is good. Knight, however, is an extremely strong trick and harder to counter in draft play. I think it’s between Knight and Femme here-- I lean towards Knight but there are good reasons for choosing Femme as well.

I like Femme Fatale as the runner pick here, given that we’ve already got a Test Run and it’s almost certain that the Retrieval Run will wheel from this pack for a second option to cheat it in to play.

The corp pack is pretty uninspiring, I think. I’d probably take the Braintrust but I wouldn’t be particularly happy about it,