Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

C: This is a very tough pick. Hostile, Yagura, Viper, Viktor, and Wall of Thorns all seem pretty legit to me. We currently have no synergy with oversight, but it’s a pretty good card as well. I am a personal fan of Viper, but any of the others are also great.

R: Personal workship is great economy, but I think we’ll get more mileage over a cyberfeeder. We currently have both Knight and Darwin, and a Djinn to search Darwin up and encourage us to play more viruses. Basically, with functionally 2 copies of Darwin and an Opus, we have a strong gameplan that effectively gets us around having to rely on the shitty opening breakers, and we should draft to synergize with that. Pretty much any constructed deck I’d play with Opus and Darwin would badly want Cyberfeeder.

1 Like

I think I’d like Oversight AI here; there’s a reasonable chance that an Archer will wheel, but even if it doesn’t we’re likely to pick something up that it’ll work with later on. As well as that, passing that and Archer in subsequent packs seems a bit too generous to me. It’s a bit of a speculative pick though; Hostile Takeover is probably the choice for those less inclined to risk.

The Stimhack that we just took is looking downright prescient now that Personal Workshop has come round, so that feels like the right pick on the runner side.

1 Like

I really, really like Wall of Thorns here. Aurora takes 8 to break it completely and not everyone is going to have Corroder around to deal with it.

Personal Workshop is more solid economy and works well with the Stimhack we just picked. The ability to deploy our Atman off of it mid-run on a face-check is very good.

1 Like

I’m for a big ice Wall of Thorns or the Yagura on the corp side, and Runner side it has to be personal workshop.

Results of Day 12

Picks:

On the Corp side, the picks were split between the various Ice and Hostile Takeover. Hostile won with 57% of the vote.

Personal Workshop had no real opposition (79%), with Cyberfeeder being the only other card even voted on.

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 2 Pick 4 (7 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/KnUQ7

Current Corp Cards

1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
1x Project Junebug
1x Data Mine
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Red Herrings
1x Pop Up Window
1x Green Level Clearance
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
2x Private Contracts
5x Priority Requisition

Runner Pack 2 Pick 4 (7 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/a4trc

Current Runner Cards:

1x Personal Workshop
1x StimHack
1x Knight
1x Access to GlobalSec
1x Djinn
1x Darwin
1x Keyhole
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Atman
1x Spinal Modem
1x Magnum Opus
1x R&D Interface
2x Armitage Codebusting
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

My first thought is that haas arcology AI was a cute way to get enough fast advance to close a game, but then I realized that one eve campaign is easily half the money we’d need for the whole game. the ice is decent, with chum and bastion being the front runners for me, but i think eve is too much money to pass up.

runner side it’s between torch, deja vu, and easy mark. torch plays well with tinkering, while deja vu handles the fact that we can be blown out by 1 grim. going to vote for deja vu but i don’t see any of the answers being particularly wrong

C: Bastion, enigma or Eve Campaign. So far our corp balanse tend too lack of economy, so I vote for eve campaign

R: Deja Vu or Easy Mark. Strong late game vs early pression tempo. Deja Vu is great in draft format. Let play your tricks twice, allow to recure breakers, but easy mark is always welcome in start hand and let to attack more earlier.
Close choice but my voice to easy mark.

One of the Ice is a necessary pick here. I would pick our second Enigma. Enigma is excellent early game ice and having 2 of them increases our chances of playing one early. Eve Campaign is really good. Currently our Economy is Hostile Takeover, Green Level Clearance, Pop-Up Window and x2 Private Contracts so more is needed. However, the ice in this pack is great and if we don’t take it now, our 5 competitors will likely pick it dry until it comes back around, leaving us with Haas Arcology AI. Putting aside the default cards, we have 3 Agendas, 1 Advancing Trap, 2 Anti-Runner Operations, 1 Anti-Runner Upgrade, 1 Econ Ice, 1 Trap Ice, and only 3 Etr Ice to defend all of it! Worse, the are only 5 pieces of Ice left in this pack, and 5 competitors to snatch them all up before it comes back around and we are forced to pick the Arcology.

Deja Vu is a very solid pick here. It is also good at responding to early Net/Brain/Meat if we lose any key pieces. Two of our breakers would really benefit from it - Knight because it often gets trashed by the Corp, and Atman who we can self trash and use Deja Vu to reset if desperate. With Djinn, we will likely be thinking a little bit more highly of viruses henceforth and Deja Vu works very well with them.

Torch is good off the Stimhack PW, but not good enough for what we need. A little overpowered except against Viktor and Tollbooth, and even then not so great. Those are the kinds of Ice that we’d Atman to get through even more efficiently than Torch. Easy Mark is solid and will help us pay for Magnum Opus, but I’m concerned that once Opus is humming along it becomes effectively a dead draw. Bishop helps Darwin, but the MU is difficult to justify. Tallie gets PW nuked. Peacock is bad. Satellite Uplink is interesting, in that it can suss out traps if we get it early, but Deja Vu can help recover from traps no matter when we draw it.

1 Like

if we somehow wheeled haas arcology out of this pack i’d be ecstatic, i think you’re a little too worried about ice at this point, economy seems to be drying out much faster

2 Likes

Could you please sort our cards in next posts in some way. It could help us estimate our current pool more easily. For example like this please:

Corp:

Agenda (3+5)
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (5)
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (3)
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (1+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Runner:

Breakers(3+3)
1x Knight
1x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(2)
1x Spinal Modem
1x R&D Interface

Resourse(2+2)
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(3)
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run

2 Likes

The problem with Eve Campaign is that it’s more of a drain on runner economy than a real economycard sinc we probably cannot dedicate our remote to it. We are slightly behind on ICE (i’m guessing we are aiming for 12-13 ICE in a 30 card deck) and for me this is a great opportunity taking another good piece. I vote Enigma for corp.

For runner I feel Deja Vu is a situational card while Easy Mark will always make make it into our deck. I would even take Torch over Deja Vu.

aa[quote=“striatic, post:168, topic:669, full:true”]
Putting aside the default cards, we have 3 Agendas, 1 Advancing Trap, 2 Anti-Runner Operations, 1 Anti-Runner Upgrade, 1 Econ Ice, 1 Trap Ice, and only 3 Etr Ice to defend all of it! Worse, the are only 5 pieces of Ice left in this pack, and 5 competitors to snatch them all up before it comes back around and we are forced to pick the Arcology.
[/quote]

Don’t forget that in draft format we play with 34 corp deck. Also ussually you don’t need to heavily defend HQ due to lack of account siphon(not sure about this cube, but standart CW draft has no AS). So 13-14 Ices are ussually pretty enough for this format. I would aim at 8-9 cheap etr and 3-4 ices for late game like archer/tollbooth/ichi1.0. Considering that there are 2.5 boosters ahead I think we are ok with ices so far.

Sure, will do.

Results of Day 13

Picks:

On the Corp side, this was the closest choice yet. Both Enigma and Eve Campaign were tied exactly at 33%. We decided to go with the card that reached it’s current vote total first, meaning that Eve Campaign was the winner for this pick.

On the runner side, things were much more clear cut. Deja Vu was the pick at 42% of the vote.

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 2 Pick 5 (6 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/CLBtV

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (3+5)
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (5)
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (3)
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (2+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Runner Pack 2 Pick 5 (6 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/pyg2H

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(3+3)
1x Knight
1x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(2)
1x Spinal Modem
1x R&D Interface

Resourse(2+2)
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(4)
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

C: Ichi/Victor/False Lead. Ichi can easily win draft game but it is so expensive. I would like to pick it now and focus more on economy in the future. Victor’s only point is taxing. False lead can be good pick also. It allows to chain 5/3, but so far it looks like we do not want use them.

R: I think Vamp is great in drafts, especcially with Magnum Opus. Ussually corps left HQ open or lightly defended and generate pretty few cash. Of course vamp let opponent to trash our personal workshop but we can easily play around it and after vamp corp still has to spend the whole turn to take 2 creds and trash resourse.
Another options are Hostage and Scrubber. We need something like Katie Jones or Professional contacts to justify Hostage, ussually picks of this sort relying on future cards(which are almost always number one picks) are bad. Scrubber is decent economy in draft format. My number 2 in this pack.

False Lead and Private Security Force feel like they need constructed deck support to be good, and we don’t have the pieces. Project Junebug is tempting because the format encourages 3/5s, but i worry about it getting trashed in R&D or HQ, plus it is a real economic drain to play the bluff. Data Hound greatly misses MN’s recurring trace credits. Viktor 2.0 is really taxing, especially when coupled with the other Bioroid and/or the Enigma we have. Viktor 2.0 and Eli make a great pair

Ichi 2.0 is what we really want in a late game situation. We can treat it as something resembling an Archer on a central server if we get the timing in our favour. Viktor 2.0 is really solid and pretty easy to play, but there is something to be said for Drama, and Ichi 2.0 is certainly dramatic.

Hostage requires other cards we do not have and are not guaranteed to get, and is perhaps the ultimate Constructed card. Running Interference suits the slow build of PW + Magnum Opus and can throw off a corp’s economic calculations completely, but i think people will be playing rush Ice that they won’t mind paying too much extra for. Decoy is ok but is perhaps better in a Tag and Bag heavy meta. Someone will end up constructing a deck with SEA Source and Scorch but there are other ways to fight that particular battle and we already have some in Magnum Opus and Personal Workshop. I’d rather click Opus than install Scrubber. Alpha is interesting, in that it’ll let us face check with impunity, and challenge shallow remotes, but the cost is just too much for us to get it out early enough to matter.

Vamp wins, because Opus is the ideal tool for outpacing the corp economically. Imagine a Keyhole getting the Corp focused on R&D and Archives, feeling safe in the knowledge that Account Siphon isn’t a possibility, then we Vamp them.

I apologize if this has been stated before (I’m not going to go back through the 176 preceding posts, but I don’t remember it being said), but how many cards, in the end, will we be drafting? I’m trying to figure out how much “construction room” we’ll have. Someone earlier said the minimum size for the deck is 30 cards? Right?

From the original post:
“In draft you build a 30 card minimum deck out of a 40 card draft. The game format only requires 6 agenda points scored/stolen to win. You have no real identity and have unlimited influence when building your deck.”

1 Like

Great…

So a 40 card draft plus the additional 7/5 cards, right?

I don’t think it’s been explicitly stated but I assume we do four packs of 10 cards each, then we can add the 7/5 if we wish.

1 Like