Competitive Kit Discussion

any… REgrets? ho ho, did you notice what i did there? man, that was quality, amirite.

but seriously, how are you finding it? i feel like it goes well with things like Gordian, Cyber-Cypher, but probably not Inversificator (although System Seizure could help any decoder really)

C’mon man. Inversificator, surfer, egret is gonna be the new meta!

I am also curious about Egret. I really want it to be good… And it probably would have been amazing in a world where clone chip didn’t cost influence.

lol i’m totally with you man.

Clone Chip off MWL pls. give Skorpios a reason to exist, and we have a whole suite of breakers that return on their own

The economy is sure gambles and Kati Jones. I’m running Houdini so the runs are pretty cheap with 3 lockpicks and a cloak. The deck does run poor a bit, might need to find room for daily casts as well.

Egret is nice to pull out mid run with SMC. Gordian would be a great option, probably will test Gordian next. I’m currently trying out Houdini.

Why Houdini? Refractor is still around and unless you’re running into a lot of str 6 ice, you might as well go with refractor until it rotates.

I agree that Refractor is better in most cases; it is doing great work in my Smoke deck. However, Egrets combined with Kits ability means that Houdini keeping its strength for the remainder of the run is usually relevant.

5 Likes

That is a good point. You’ll get a lot of value out of the increased strength on stacked code gates.

Inversificator Seems interesting to me for kit as it means any server that is two deep is still run-able. It’s similar to surfer kit but with fewer moving pieces. Here is what I have so far with this idea. What do people think?

Ice Swap Kit

Rielle “Kit” Peddler (Creation and Control)

Event (13)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Employee Strike (Data and Destiny) ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
2x Dedicated Processor (Earth’s Scion)
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
2x Astrolabe

Resource (11)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static) ••
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)
1x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money) •• ☆

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
3x Inversificator (Earth’s Scion)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (6)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

45 cards (minimum 45)
10/10 influence used
Cards up to Earth’s Scion

Deck built with Net Deck Connecting to the iTunes Store.

Inversificator seems like a lot of fun. I wonder if inversificator + gordian is overkill (since you presumably would want to stack code gates with inversificator).

In your list, I might drop corroder (inti on its own is decent, dedicated processor is bananas with it) and swap the scrubbers for a paricia or two (tutorable, MU is probably not such an issue in the matchups where you really need them). The free influence could go to some more HQ pressure (legwork?) or another temujin.

I get Patricia and maybe slip in a singleton Salsette instead?

Re: gord. I actually asked @TheBigBoy about this on the slack and he said probably overkill. His big point was you need to weigh each install with gaining a 2cred from
Magnum

I don’t know about inti + dedicated. I’m relying on that alread with my killer.

Does anyone have actual experience with Inversificator? Is it actually good in practice? How does it compare with Gordian Blade in actual play?

Played yesterday. Worked well except for the fact that they double Fairchild 3.0’d the scoring remote. That sucked. I may make room for a System Seizure.

That is my worry.

Were you not able to move one away?

1 Like

What ID were you using and what was the build?

Yeah for a double 3.0, I just pictured moving their enigma or whatever over to the scoring server.

At one point I ran HQ with the intention of swapping an easier ice over to the scoring remote. Naturally, he rezzed the third Fairchild 3.0. It probably would have been smart to run the remote purely to swap FC3 with something, but the thought didn’t cross my mind until after the game. (The beers may have had something to do with that.)

I was playing a port of Noob Kit into Cache Refresh (replace the 2 HQ pressure cards with one Siphon, work a few SoT into the list, replace Lady with Inti, add a Clone Chip to recur SMC because no Personal Workshop to use Stimhack credits and that’s basically the list). Mainly an experiment to see if I could be convinced to not just run Los facefirst into everything that format has to offer.

Hi…i am a new user here. I used to run more than 1 datasucker, but I honestly ended up SMCing for it often enough that it was fine to have 1. You don’t need them all the time generally since there should be picking up tokens incidentally throughout the game. I tended to have many, many tokens by the time I started to use them. Again, this was before CVS where people would be opportunistically shutting me down mid-run; maybe that math is completely different now.

smt assembly

1 Like

Welcome!

Inversificator is legit good.

3 Likes

Here is a take on a post-rotation Kit. I’ve been playing @TheBigBoy’s Noob Kit, which loses 11 cards, including the Stimshop.

This feels much less dynamic than that list. Ideas are welcome. Idea is still to get out Opus, Inversificator, Astrolabe, and Beth as early as possible.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/984556

I think you probably still want the Stimhack. You don’t need personal workshop to make it worth it. I have played a bunch against Noob Kit and games have gone down to whether Kit has Stimhack in hand or not. It’s also good for contesting early corp econ - Seamus’ old stealth list had two for this purpose.