Concessions and Timed Wins

“Treating an opponent with courtesy” is pretty unenforcable aswell. You can tell your opponent he’s a pile of some sort and pretend that never happened. Like IDs.

I’m happy that people will be allowed to call names on opponents soon.

Or not.

1 Like

That’s just a wrong analogy. Yes the situation can happen but if it happens too often, TO would just ban those kind of people from their events. Because, unlike ID, those situations will most of the time be reported to the judge/TO.

@MrMint Someone refusing an insult or an illegal ID would report : same story :slight_smile:

1 Like

The difference here, I think, is that exchanging mutual insults doesn’t improve our tournament standings.

2 Likes

IDs decrease the respect for the first players.

I’m not sure non-US people would attend to ANRWC if the rules stays like that : where is the meritocracy in this steampile ?

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if you can argue in good faith. I honestly do.

This is not the same thing. ID is, by definition, a mutual agreement… if it’s not agreed upon by both parties then it’s not an ID. Insulting someone is totally different (I rarely see someone agreeing to be insulted).

I’m just saying that if ID were illegal, my opponents better never try to propose me a bargain because I would report… I’m that stupid, yes.

Wouldn’t do a lot to prevent actual ID tho. It would just mean they would have to be more cautious and that’s pretty much it.

…because actual ID are legal…

Being moral is easier when it’s not against the rules, you know. Shinto saying GGFFG for that topic is, well his choice.

And it is legal because making it illegal was impossible to enforce.
EDIT : You’re so intellectually dishonest, I’m amazed. I’m done here.

Like insults.

Someone asking me to cheat (if IDs were illegals) is insulting me btw (mainly because he would win anyway :p)
And my Jedi master is like me. And some people never told.

Really, no. I may ask too much finesse yes but…

…(2 hours after SNCF’s funny sketches and 0% battery phone)…

I understand your point, but we just strictly disagree there.
I don’t really know how I’m supposed to react to someone telling me I don’t really think what I’m fracking trying to relay in engrish on a foreign forum and just want to win internet arguments with this.

Just, yeah, err, whatever ?

If I’m telling “A”, I really think “A”, or something in that family. In this case I think a strict “A”. This is just this.

I’m a johnny player. Not a winner. I know this.
I actually take my pleasure in playing, with irl things you may know or not which are stealing my time. Like working 7/7. People telling me “can you just not play to make me win” are insulting me, for real, but, now, in a legal way. Because I couldn’t find the time to even take vacations last 3 years.
If I would have a little little time to play in an ANR competition which I actually crave for, I don’t want a bully saying to me “let’s just not play, would we ?”

Sorry if I’m not aplauding this

And I think this is a “faux procès”, but what I can tell you is I’m used to whatever people are thinking about that talkative character full of something everybody does, especially with that foulish and uneducated ruling (“Hey, 4+4+2+2 is first grade mathematics and it is so overrated, let’s make that ruling, yay”).
This is a “grosse daube” ruling (note to moderators, this is a french dish, and err, yeah, I’m only half honest here). Not to say this is a big “chiasse liquide” ruling for people like me (note to moderators, it’s not a dish, but may be a consequence of a poorly prepared one).

I’m used to people lazy abstracts. And at 40yo, I don’t give a unit of a univerval product. Especially with my crowded irl and that particular product’s 1mo newest factory (under franchise, it’s not mine) living rigth under my roof.

So, after playing in the Euregio yesterday, I have to say that I really really liked the format we used there: 47 players, 6 rounds of swiss, cut to Top3.
After 6 rounds 2 people with 20 points and one of the two or three guys with 18 points made it into the cut. There were no IDs. The only player that was at 18 points after 5 rounds actually got swept in the last round and missed the cut due to SoS.
I got swept in the 2nd round and knew that I had to 4-0 every round after that to get into the cut and that was really motivating. :smiley: If you lose more than 2 games in 6 rounds you shouldn’t be sure to make the cut imho.

So yeah, I liked that tournament structure a lot more than what was used at regionals. Everyone got to play 6 rounds of Netrunner, the Cut only took ~1 hour and the whole event was done in ~10 hours. We need more rounds of swiss and smaller cuts.

5 Likes

while that is true, explicitly allowing them has likely made them much more common

1 Like

The current problem is only an artifact of the tournament structure. Either the matches need to be 1 or 3 games (I’m pretty sure 3-games would cause a riot, so go with 1 game and chess rules for deciding which side to play.) OR, we need to change the number of swiss rounds/Top Cut number. Increasing Swiss or Decreasing those in the cut would work. Both would be fantastic. (4 round cut to Top 4 was super weird for the 18 person Store Championship… And I say that as someone that made the cut on SoS.)

1 Like

Yes, but creating rules that cannot be enforced is not a good way forward.

More swiss and less top-cut is the way to go, since it also deals with some of the issues that playing the top-cut takes way too long. It might also be worthwhile to look into not having BYEs, since they make these matters worse.

Also I agree with @Dragar that 4 rounds top-8 is a black hole in the current tournament structure, that I hope I don’t have to play again under current rules.

yes, but… you already said that

No.

1. SC’s need to matter for the Regionals, Regionals need to matter for Nationals, Nationals need to matter for Worlds.
  2. Odd number of players in a tournament.

Not getting into a long debate, but do SCs really need to matter for regionals?
Also you can hit the BYE numbers by having more control over the ratio between SCs / Regionals / Nationals.
You can probably skip changing BYEs, but the tournament structure needs to take into account that some amount of the participants have a first-round BYE and it really doesn’t do that right now.

Maybe connecting the SCs and Regionals etc. might not have to be a bye but maybe extra SoS or two extra points to start with…