Core 2.0: Everything Old is New Again

I have not seen any kind of list. I think people are piecing together some of them from the announcement article and the cool spiffy new Netrunner showcase page.

What I see as new:

Corp Side:

• Stronger Together ID (Maybe? The colors seems slightly darker, but I don’t see any other difference in the art. It may just be comparing cards to monitor, or they could be slightly adjusting all the Corp ID colors.)
  • Heimdall 1.0
  • Data Raven (previous alt art)
  • Ghost Branch
  • Private Security Force (previous alt art)
  • Ash

Runner Side:

• Gabe ID
  • Chaos Theory ID
  • Crypsis
  • Datasucker
  • The Personal Touch
  • Modded

Dinosaurus gets an eye patch!

3 Likes

Hopefully! Maybe I missed it, but I don’t see see the art of the Dinosaurus card anywhere. We know it gets a patch from the new Chaos Theory art (and maybe Modded, but it’s cut off where it would depict it).

ASH! He’s come for business and business is his pleasure. Love the new art for it.

It feels weird: That new Showcase page shows us “Research Station” and “Posted Bounty” - but that’s from Core 1 and not in Core 2.0

1 Like

On the “Shipment from Chilo” podcast, Damon said if you look at the original core and see cards whose art looks way out of style with the current art (which I interpreted to.mean “very cartoony”), those are the ones that got new art. Good interview.

5 Likes

True, it’s odd to have those in the background. But they were not shown in the card splays/sample game.

New pictures of Bank Job, Test Run, Forged Activation Orders and much more on https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/28/change-the-world/

3 Likes

Hey, mongoose wurx! and inside job. Too bad Tour Guide can be neither Hernando’d nor Hunting Grounds’d. Play crim much?

I’m gonna miss the old art on forged activation orders TBH. It had a lot of character

The Learn to Play is up, for those of us who’ve been anxiously awaiting news of what Dinosaurus has been up to

3 Likes

I also found it amusing to see that the Reina blurb mentions her making use of Deep Red (whatever that is) whilst doing her flippy-chess hacking. I suppose it makes sense in light of how much rotation occurs in her bio.

3 Likes

There is an unboxing video: Android: Netrunner Revised Coreset Unboxing - YouTube

2 Likes

What’s up with the full page bird on p21?

You can’t read past it unless you match strength and break both its subroutines

5 Likes

It really feels like it’s written with the rotation in mind. Deep Red and the Caissa setup beginning to fail and break down in the face of a new power, and in the finale Reina abandons the chess paradigm entirely. Fun flavor~

With core 2.0 out I’ve been sending a couple of friends the old FFG tutorial video, and watching it myself i realised there are a couple of things they could improve on. As its probably a matter of time before we get a new tutorial video, what notes would you give the team to make it even better? Personally I wish they’d ditch the gendered language, not say that the runner has to break all subroutines to get into a server (that confused a couple of people), and not introduce unneccesary mechanics like bad publicity

Why is that an unnecessary mechanic? Weyland gets Bad Pub when it scores a Hostile Takeover.

I think it’s unnecessary in a first pass through the mechanics. You probably only need the following:

1. Introduction of agendas and basic win con (score 7 points to win by finding the hidden agendas)
  2. Introduce core actions and spending clicks.
    (here’s how we’ll actually fight over agendas).
  3. Introduce concept of central servers, ice, and installing cards. (maybe this could be #2)
  4. Go through a very basic run (explain basic timing) with an ETR ice like Vanilla.
  5. Show an access on R&D, HQ, Archives.
  6. Show a run on a remote with a facedown card in it that ends in a trap to highlight theme of hidden info.

That’s it. Once the new player can competently make basic runs and get accesses, you can start to bolt on additional “training modules”: trace, tags, and link, damage and damage prevention, different types of ice and breaker, memory management, upgrades, bad publicity, psi games, etc. etc.

Too many tutorials try to do way too much on the first pass.

2 Likes

bad publicity comes up in a small enough percentage of games that it isn’t worth making a new player worry about immediately. the demo decks are a good example of how to do this - they cut out bad pub, traces, meat damage, brain damage, because you don’t 100% need that stuff

1 Like